Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Semirotta

The Wiki can be quite useless?

22 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I am brand new to this TFC mod and to be honest, the Wiki has only given me little information about how to create certain tools, planks and craft some stuff. The Wiki should really be having more pictures and even video material HOW-TO create and acquire resources, tools and armors. How to find certain resources.

Is there somewhere explained the Health bar, Hunger and the other bar ? I have no idea what those are :D

I would love to play this mod with my friend but I honestly have no idea HOW-TO create this private for me and friend in server, if someone could aid on this I would owe you one

Thank you!

About videos ... these helped me for a start: http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/JDS%27s_How_To_TerraFirmaCraft Else, imho the wiki is a great ressource, when having the fundamental understanding of TFC.

I dont know what fundamental means and too lazy to check it now :D

Any idea how the server side works?

How can i install it into my bukkit or minecraft_server.jar so we could play this with friend. ?

I tried using the installation guide.

Did exactly each step like it told.

First downloaded the required files (1.5.1 versions)

Then put first forge to the minecraft_server.jar, then the API, closed the minecraft_server.jar and set the mod itself to Mods folder (which i created first).

Launching gives me this flashing real quick (barely got picture):

Posted Image

The run.bat has this inside:

@echo off

java -Xms2G -Xmx3G -jar minecraft_server.jar nogui

ANY HELP?

Did you put Forge and Player API actually into the minecraft_server.jar with winrar or some other archiving tool or just drop them into the folder like it looks? Also, I believe deleting the "nogui" bit will allow you to run with a gui on your desktop. However, it's a better idea to run it from an actual server, IMO.

Did you put Forge and Player API actually into the minecraft_server.jar with winrar or some other archiving tool or just drop them into the folder like it looks? Also, I believe deleting the "nogui" bit will allow you to run with a gui on your desktop. However, it's a better idea to run it from an actual server, IMO.

The reason those files are seen in there, is that i just moved them to safety so i do not accidentally remove them if needed once more.

I opened the minecraft_server.jar with 7zip (zip program just like winrar etc.) then unzipped the required stuff there. I dont believe i must remove META_INF from the minecraft_server.jar after settings the files in it?

Possibly a permissions issue. Looks like forge is failing to create its log file (hooray for empty catch-all, so we can't see the actual file open error). Try right clicking on the folder, going to properties and making sure everyone has read/write access.

Edit: Possibly you can right-click the run.bat and select "run as administrator".

I believe you do, in fact, have to delete meta-inf first and foremost. Forge places a new one in there, and I seem to recall my server not working if I merged them instead of deleting.

Possibly a permissions issue. Looks like forge is failing to create its log file (hooray for empty catch-all, so we can't see the actual file open error). Try right clicking on the folder, going to properties and making sure everyone has read/write access.

Edit: Possibly you can right-click the run.bat and select "run as administrator".

Tried, not working.

I believe you do, in fact, have to delete meta-inf first and foremost. Forge places a new one in there, and I seem to recall my server not working if I merged them instead of deleting.

Deleted meta-inf i try reinstall everything again. Was not working.

EDIT:

I re-made it and deleted the meta-inf now it says Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile minecraft_server.jar

You definitely need to leave meta-inf there if you're running the way you're running (java -jar).

I'm out of ideas, except maybe try installing to a new location in the root of C, like "C:TFCServer".

Now i got this when trying to launch clear minecraft_server.jar i downloaded from the page

Posted Image

After moving it to c:/ , elsewhere from desktop it started saying the Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile minecraft_server.jar

Edited by Semirotta

OK Forget about all those, i got it fixed.I had to move it to c:/TFC_Server/ <-- .. stupid place but ya what can you do, odd that it cant beon desktop? what kind of malware is this?

Now you're going to come at it like that? SMH.

Funny, as it ran just fine on my pc no matter where I placed it. Must be something up with your system.

Like I said earlier, you're going to be better off just setting up with a server provider. Hosthorde has a cheap 1GB setup you can get in on.

Now you're going to come at it like that? SMH.

Funny, as it ran just fine on my pc no matter where I placed it. Must be something up with your system.

Like I said earlier, you're going to be better off just setting up with a server provider. Hosthorde has a cheap 1GB setup you can get in on.

I just got new PC i dont know... also how do i put this to my puplic server? i have 56 slot 2½ GB server running for approx 1-1½ months , i could switch this to there :D

By the way:

When you SHIFT click item off from firepit or so, it duplicates the item or it makes the items dissappear..

This is only a graphic glitch.

Oh really? How am i supposed to get them back? I havent :D

Also the TIME is not working in game. Sometimes when starting my server again: Day time but zombies are not burning, i do /time set 0 <-- day time, zombies start burn.

When waiting the minecraft day to pass, the time moves but evening never comes , it wont change to night somehow... NIGHT TIME IS NO MORE EVER-..-

Did you change any of the configs regarding day length? Have you tried deleting the configs all-together? I know changing the configs options for day/year length can mess up the day/night cycle after a world has already been generated.

Did you change any of the configs regarding day length? Have you tried deleting the configs all-together? I know changing the configs options for day/year length can mess up the day/night cycle after a world has already been generated.

Yes i tried making the day time 2x longer (from 24 to 48) Unfortunately it does not work properly. I changed it back to default and all works fine now. :D

Could someone explain me HOW the prospector pick actually works?

If i right click to wall and i get the message there is something, what kind area it covers and how?

It said in wiki 25x25x25 <- but that is insanely huge area to cover... i have spent 2 bis pickaxes to search for ore vein but did not even find it... THe prospector pick shows me everywhere ore but nowhere to find though!

youtube is a great way to learn if you are still not sure. here is a link to a guy that has made a whole series, which i like although it's a little outdated....

if your still unsure, just experiment in game and you will eventually get the hang out it...

There is also a guide by me in the guide section of the forum

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0