Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
llamaking100

Predators

3 posts in this topic

Hi Forum, firstly i would like to apologize if i am repeating anything said in other suggestion posts. I have had a tiny bit of a search but nothing quite mentions my ideas for this mod.

Main theme of my idea: personally i think that any magic or mystery doesn't have a place in this mod. I dislike the presence of undead (zombies, skeletons, endermen, creepers, not spiders). With the known variety of earths species, what i would like to see is some more realistic aggressive mobs (with the essential drops of the vanilla mobs, bones basically).

Potentially passive-AoE aggressive day mobs and aggressive night mobs: for a jungle, anacondas in the day and jaguars at night (for example). Also taking from ideas from stone age films torches or fires could be used to deter these mobs making night time scarier as hyenas or lynxes (in a desert perhaps) try and pick you off if you venture too far from camp or run out of firewood at night.

These mobs would have to be rare-ish, quite healthy (lots of hearts) and powerful (2 or 3 hit kill for that ambush feel which is only applicable to creepers at the moment), requiring either metal armor or a team of swordsmen to take them down effectively (also i'd hate for these to end up like ocelots and wolves being knee high on the player, come one this is hardcore survival not a day at the petting zoo)

post-3529-0-98107200-1369247424_thumb.jp .

Also valuable rewards or aesthetic 'trophy' drops could be implemented here such as wolf capes/helms, jaguar capes/helms as seen on nords and mayan tribesmen.

post-3529-0-80925900-1369247154.jpg

I appreciate this next mechanic would be a massive ball ache for the developers but: perhaps manipulation of the endermen mechanic by reversing it could be used for the predators, instead of them charging you they keep their distance till you drop your guard and look away.

I'd like to hear some feedback, even if not from the developers, not just on my idea but also on my posting form. this is my first post and i would be very grateful for constructive criticism on my forum etiquette and any fails i have committed.

Lurk more , also why are you double posting suggestions ?

ALSO also : Welcome to the forums !

There are plans by the main devs to move mobs underground in some kind of crypts found in caves i ,,thinK'' , i like you're level of knowledge without much knowledge of the forums and the suggestions , hyenas maybe there have been some animal suggestions and the ,,mobs" that are moved into the crypts will be replased by passive agressive mobs liek wild bores and such bears etc. :)

oh, terribly sorry. I was having some 'server down' issues when attempting to post, that wasn't an attempt at gaining more attention to my post i assure you.

Thank you for the information and the welcome.

upon having a further look around i have noticed these suggestions, so maybe i would be better off offering my input in the new mob suggestion thread. I noticed ECC (forum famous guy) posting some cool stuff about chunk spawning for mobs which i think is a lovely idea and would fit nicely with predator mobs.