Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

TFC translation

161 posts in this topic

You can do it HERE

For instructions, check the links in the first tab.

This translation file is not "official", as it is not done or maintained by official developers, but Bioxx accept the files and include them in the next release.

And as Bioxx said "It's not a glamorous job but if you guys can complete the en_US.properties file for me, that would be a huge help. Additionally, if any of you are not native english speakers and would like to translate TFC to another language, its now possible."

provide a guide maybe? and some explanation? im literally staring at a grid of wtf

I putted instructions in the first tab

if I am online, we can chat on the doc chat system

Bioxx said "It's not a glamorous job but if you guys can complete the en_US.properties file for me, that would be a huge help. Additionally, if any of you are not native english speakers and would like to translate TFC to another language, its now possible."

Bioxx asked for help on that point and he already accepted the spanish translation that it 100% done.

In other words, it's not official as it's not done and maintained by the official developers, but the translations will be accepted by Bioxx and included in next release.

Great. I will look into this after my exams pass themselves. Or maybe someone else will before me.

So far Spanish is over and French almost 90% done.

The job is a bit long, but not hard if you follow some basic tricks to make it faster. Let me know what language you plan to work. If you have any question, please let me know.

I translated the MOD to spanish, can i make changes on the finished translation?

Right. Long-awaited hour finally came down. I'll try and work for Russian translation. Transcengopher and Politehnik are trusted fellows in this undertaking. Let's see how all this plays out.

I take it there shouldn't be a problem with Cyrillic support?

I think that google drive support unicode and I can handle it. No problem with Minecraft, so no worry, any unicode is ok.

The German translation is only 6% complete. Is someone at it at the moment? I could help out - but I don't want to steal the show.

The German translation is only 6% complete. Is someone at it at the moment? I could help out - but I don't want to steal the show.

I'd say just go for it. Whoever's done it can rework ones that he sees wrong.

The 500-errors seem to have stopped. Finally.

I am working on it right now. I will finish it till Wednesday. :)/>

EDIT: actually just finished it, lol. Proof reading commences soon.

Edited by Three_Pounds

German translation is reviewed and ready to ship. I hope it will be included at some point. Was quite some work. But I'm happy that I finished it now. :)

Oh I was intending to work on the german translation as well when I find some time. Nice that it's already done. Adding some suggestions to the google sheet where I think the translation can be improved. GJ Three_Pounds! :)

Three_Pounds, I'll let you check _Tsigje_'s notes and will send the translation tomorrow.

Jee-Host{gm}, I'll send the russian translation at the same time.

Oh I was intending to work on the german translation as well when I find some time. Nice that it's already done. Adding some suggestions to the google sheet where I think the translation can be improved. GJ Three_Pounds! :)

Awesome job! Here are some notes for you:

Erstmal danke fürs Überarbeiten! Ich hatte da an manchen Stellen ein Brett vor dem Kopf. Haha

Die ersten 100 Zeilen sind nicht von mir. Deshalb ist da so viel falsch. Aber ich hätte sie gestern beim Korrekturlesen genauer lesen sollen. :rolleyes:

• 0005: übernommen
  • 0018: Mahlzeit klingt sehr gut. übernommen.
  • 0041: engl. cooked egg statt fried egg. Jedoch spricht die deutsche Versio von vanilla von gebraten... also: übernommen + alles Fleisch/Fisch angepasst.
  • 0073: die deutsche Version von vanilla ist hier auch bei "Karotte" gelandet. übernommen.
  • 0076: Fehler gut erkannt. übernommen
  • 0079: Fehler gut erkannt. übernommen
und jetzt die Samen ... du kannst dir nicht vorstellen wie sehr ich mir da den Kopf zerbrochen habe. Ich hatte zuerst auch die Samen-Idee. Aber: bei den Getriedesorten sind die Körner bereits die Samen. Also das Zeug was man entweder dreschen und mahlen könnte. Ich fand meine Idee mit dem Saatgut daher etwas eleganter. Ich hab jetzt nochmal auf google geschaut und Leute reden in der Tat auch von "Weizensamen." Also hab ich's übernommen.

Kartoffeln haben auch Samen. Die kann man vegetativ vermehren (über die Wurzel - Kartoffel) oder generativ über die Samen. :) Ähnliches gilt für Zuckerrohr und Kumara.

• 0138: Sehr gut! übernommen
  • 0151: natürlich ... ich weiß nicht was mich da gestern geritten hat. übernommen
  • 0213: Geologenhammer ... gefällt mir sehr. übernommen
  • 0216: ... übernommen.
  • 0262. Nein. Zwar gibt es "Feuerstarter," allerdings handelt es sich bei zwei Stöcken (und wahrscheinlich etwas leicht entflammbaren tatsächlich um ein Feuerbohrzeug. :)abgelehnt.
  • 0265: Flussmittel übernommen
  • 0267: Es handelt sich um eine Vorlage die von einem detaillierten Block erstellt wird um sie auf andere Blöcke anzuwenden. Außerdem würde es sich hier mit den Plänen vom Schmieden überschneiden. abgelehnt.
  • 0355: Haha. Ich erinnere mich gerade an eine wilde Diskussion aus meinem Grundstudium. Vom Fach? übernommen.
  • 1150: http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handdrehmühle ... Nehmen wir "Mühlstein?" Bodenplatte fnde ich etwas komisch ...

I'm ready for my part. Waiting for _Tsigje_s confirmation. If he signals green, it's good to go. :)

Signal green, we are a go! :)

Three_Pounds: Thanks for editing! And some more detailed replies for you:

0041: engl. cooked egg statt fried egg. Jedoch spricht die deutsche Versio von vanilla von gebraten... also: übernommen + alles Fleisch/Fisch angepasst.

Bei dem Ei hatte ich mich einfach an der Grafik im Spiel orientiert, da is es nen leckeres Spiegel. Allgeim wird "cooked" im (amerikanischen) Sprachgebrauch meiner Erfahrung nach für alles mögliche verwendet - mehr als Synonym von braten, kochen, grillen...wobei die Wörterbücher es gerne nur auf "kochen" reduzieren :)

und jetzt die Samen ... du kannst dir nicht vorstellen wie sehr ich mir da den Kopf zerbrochen habe. Ich hatte zuerst auch die Samen-Idee. Aber: bei den Getriedesorten sind die Körner bereits die Samen. Also das Zeug was man entweder dreschen und mahlen könnte. Ich fand meine Idee mit dem Saatgut daher etwas eleganter. Ich hab jetzt nochmal auf google geschaut und Leute reden in der Tat auch von "Weizensamen." Also hab ich's übernommen.

Ich fand die Idee mit dem Saatgut auch nicht schlecht, weil es wie du sagst gerade beim Getreide komisch wirkt, aber mich hat dann auch google überzeugt, dass das durchaus so verwendet wird.

Kartoffeln haben auch Samen. Die kann man vegetativ vermehren (über die Wurzel - Kartoffel) oder generativ über die Samen. :) Ähnliches gilt für Zuckerrohr und Kumara.

Ah sehr interessant, man lernt halt nie aus. :)

• 0262. Nein. Zwar gibt es "Feuerstarter," allerdings handelt es sich bei zwei Stöcken (und wahrscheinlich etwas leicht entflammbaren tatsächlich um ein Feuerbohrzeug. :)abgelehnt.

Hast mich schon überzeugt, Fands nur nen bischen komisch, dass das im Spiel aus zwei Stöcken gebaut wird, Was ich bei Feuerbohrzeug im Kopf habe, ist mehr eine kleines Holzbrettchen auf dem man einen Stock, von Hand oder mit nem kleinen Bogen, schnell dreht.

• 0267: Es handelt sich um eine Vorlage die von einem detaillierten Block erstellt wird um sie auf andere Blöcke anzuwenden. Außerdem würde es sich hier mit den Plänen vom Schmieden überschneiden. abgelehnt.

Ach ja klar, das ist der Blueprint mit dem man die gechiselten Blöcke klont, Ja Vorlage ist besser!

• 0355: Haha. Ich erinnere mich gerade an eine wilde Diskussion aus meinem Grundstudium. Vom Fach? übernommen.

Ich selber nicht, aber nen guter Freund ist Geologe. Der hate mit seinen Studienkollegen mal beim Grillen so ne Diskussion. Ich erinnere mich noch gefragt zu haben ob das deutsche Wörter sein sollen und wurde dann "belehrt" :)

Find ich super. Auch wenns eigentlich nur der Bodenstein ist, aber der klingt kontextfrei ziemlich dämlich - auch "Bodenstein - erste Hälfte einer Handmühle" wär wohl eher .... merkwürdig. :)

So weiß jeder was gemeint ist!

Signal green, we are a go! :)

Three_Pounds: Thanks for editing! And some more detailed replies for you:

Nice! Looking forward to seeing it ingame some time in the future. :)

Du hast Recht. Zwei Stöcke sind irgendwie kein Feuerbohrzeug. Wie man mit zwei Stöcken feuer macht ist mir rätselhaft. ... weiß der Geier was das tatsächlich sein soll :P

Ja, cooked scheint nicht immer gekocht zu sein. Ich hab gebraten genommen - dafür hat man sich bei vanilla entschieden.

Ich denke im Großen und Ganzen ist jetzt gut so. :)

not sure if we dutch need a translation, our command of english is usually VERY good, if people are interested ill contribute however ;)

not sure if we dutch need a translation, our command of english is usually VERY good, if people are interested ill contribute however ;)

I am sure this was not your intent, but it sounded a tad arrogant. :P

The fact is that minecraft have been translated in dutch. I don't think it's only a question of understanding english or not, but mostly a question of wanting to play in your language or not.

I've started on a Swedish translation, if anyone else knows Swedish then you can take a look at it, I have dyslexia so even though my spelling has greatly improved from practise, practise and a bit of more practise I do still make spelling errors

I am sure this was not your intent, but it sounded a tad arrogant. :P

naah, just saying my people tend to not need translation and usually frown upon them (if i can take 3 cities worth of teenage gamers for real ;)