Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

TFC translation

161 posts in this topic

naah, just saying my people tend to not need translation and usually frown upon them (if i can take 3 cities worth of teenage gamers for real ;)

You are well aware that someone has already started a Dutch translation? :) ... teenagers. What do they know ... ;)

hello, i just finished the italian translation, i hope to see it in the next release

Italian submitted, it's our fifth translation! Great job.

I just noticed there are a couple of new lines that deal with the UI translation.

Do you need a German translation for them as well? Where should I edit these if so?

i'll wait for the complete localization update to be done then I will update all the language files and ask for translation update where needed. And emris is translation in german at the same time he add the new things in the localization.

i'll wait for the complete localization update to be done then I will update all the language files and ask for translation update where needed. And emris is translation in german at the same time he add the new things in the localization.

Can you repeat that part about emris? I don't quite understand what you mean.

I'd like to translate the rest together with _Tsigje_ when it's ready. I think we now deserve to be asked first. :)

I just started to translate English to Dutch, although I do it under an anonymous user (don't have a google account nor do I want one, sorry).

I will spent some more time during the weekend on it, that list is huge.

* Edit 16 June

Finished.

Now if some other voluntary Dutch speaking person wants to check it, that would be grand.

* Edit 16 June

Finished.

Now if some other voluntary Dutch speaking person wants to check it, that would be grand.

Congrats!

You can ask killster550. But he can only help you if his mind-blowing command of English hasn't wiped out his mother tongue entirely.

Hahaha, thanks.

I've send a pm to him, will see.

On a different note, I do agree with him on that point.

If I had a choice to watch a movie spoken in English or Dutch, I throw the Dutch one in the waste basket.

work done, now to find out if i have to save the thing or if everything got transmitted automatically :D

I would really like to help with a danish translation but i am not really sure how to get started (like making the new file etc.)

Edit: I found out how to do it. I hope that someone will help me rename the file properly.

There is update in the translation. New lines to translate for the GUI

line 283, 1152, 1632+ must be translated for ES, RU and IT. please change as "complete" in the firs doc here

hi there!

can you explain content of lines 1777 - 1783 plz?

I am not happy with the translation provided by Emris. I want them removed.

1777 I guess it is something witht the new damage system.

1783 Armor will have a mention of who forged it

Three Pounds... what part are you not happy with ? Emris did a lot of work on the coding of the localization. Is it that you want to get all the credit for the translation or is it that he made mistakes?

I am not happy with the translation provided by Emris. I want them removed.

If you don't like it, change it.

All the info you need is in the OP.

1777 I guess it is something witht the new damage system.

1783 Armor will have a mention of who forged it

The problem with those things is ww can't translate them appropriately if we have no idea of their actual use. I mean I can't even understand what "hold" and "shift" mean in that regard there, let alone translate that.

It's the part where you "Hold Shift" to see the armor stats.

"Shift" has another color so i had to split it into 2 keys.

Will update the files for more items next week.

I already updated all the files with new keys, and also did some cleanup.

I don't like them because they contain a lot of mistakes. Also, the translation is quite wrong at some point. I don't do this for the credits. I translated TFC because I want to contribute something to the German community. The German let's plays for example.

I am mad (not at Emris) because of two reasons:

• I am the creator of the original translation and were not asked beforehand.
  • the translation is sub-par and ruins everything as a whole.
I have copied the first, attempt into the C column and work on a new one.

I have added my translation into the B column. I am awaiting review.

The review can be done by Emris. If he is not mad at me (what I could understand). If he does want to review, the D column indicates differences.

It's the part where you "Hold Shift" to see the armor stats.

"Shift" has another color so i had to split it into 2 keys.

So you're participating in the development i take it? Or maybe I'm just completely out of the loop. Could you hit me on ICQ sometime this week if you have spare time and elaborate on what you know about this, please?

I don't like them because they contain a lot of mistakes. Also, the translation is quite wrong at some point. I don't do this for the credits. I translated TFC because I want to contribute something to the German community. The German let's plays for example.

I am mad because of two reasons:

• I am the creator of the original translation and were not asked beforehand.
  • the translation is sub-par and ruins everything as a whole.
I have copied the first, unacceptable attempt into the D column and work on a new one.

That sounds like you're under a lot of stress, man. Whole world must be against you. It's not like you could have prompted AliceInGame there to lock german translation to your google account, right? Oh, wait... Something smells...

I don't lock it because it will rule out the option of reviewing. I am not perfect. I make mistakes.

First of all, I won't ban anybody from translating.

If I was rude in what I said, I am sorry, but there is one thing you said that is wrong. You did not created the original translation, the one who did is Milaeos2 (who play on the same server as I do), who translated the first 9-10% and that was removed from the credits.

As for the locked docs, first did it cause I wanted to know when there is changes to a translation and to submit these changes ot bioxx. I people improve the translation and don't tell me, i would never re-upload it. Now that there is more to translate, I unlocked it