Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
aliceingame

TFC translation

161 posts in this topic

Sorry, I did not saw it before, I will upload it as soon as I have some time.

Thanks a lot! I know it's long and not always easy!

Sorry, I did not saw it before, I will upload it as soon as I have some time.

Thanks a lot! I know it's long and not always easy!

i added turkish translation to doc. Thanks for reply.

i added turkish translation to doc. Thanks for reply.

It have been submited and should be included in the next hotfix

seems like the translation sheet is missing some keys like "gui.Output" (or/and I do not understand how it works)

Also would be nice to have a version number as a comment or so...

Edit:

also found some 'synchornization' problems like gui.cancel not being translated for "de_DE" in the properties file despite being translated in the sheet - is the translation spreedsheet being used anymore?

seems like the translation sheet is missing some keys like "gui.Output" (or/and I do not understand how it works)Also would be nice to have a version number as a comment or so...Edit:also found some 'synchornization' problems like gui.cancel not being translated for "de_DE" in the properties file despite being translated in the sheet - is the translation spreedsheet being used anymore?

The spreadsheet and localisation is handled completely separate from the rest of the mod. Likely the reason that the sheet is missing gui.Output is that Alice hasn't seen the commit for .15 yet where I changed gui.Bloomery.Output to be gui.Output instead, since it was being used in a bunch of different places, like barrels. When we make localisation changes in the code, the only thing we update is en_US. Everything else is handled by Alice.

seems like the translation sheet is missing some keys like "gui.Output" (or/and I do not understand how it works)Also would be nice to have a version number as a comment or so...Edit:also found some 'synchornization' problems like gui.cancel not being translated for "de_DE" in the properties file despite being translated in the sheet - is the translation spreedsheet being used anymore?

The spreadsheet and localisation is handled completely separate from the rest of the mod. Likely the reason that the sheet is missing gui.Output is that Alice hasn't seen the commit for .15 yet where I changed gui.Bloomery.Output to be gui.Output instead, since it was being used in a bunch of different places, like barrels. When we make localisation changes in the code, the only thing we update is en_US. Everything else is handled by Alice.

There is many things that can happen as many people are involved in the process.

Like Kitty said, if I do net see a change in the en_US file, I will not be able to change it in the spreadsheet.

If I do not see a change done by translatores on the spreadsheet, then I can not update the files.

If the translators have not updated the new or changed lines, It will not show even after the update.

If I do not know that there is a new release, I can not export all the files to make sure that the latest version of the spreadsheet will be in the release.

You can blame me for not updating the file, but I can blame the lack of German translators, as German have not been at 100% for a LONG time. It's at 99.67% because a Danish speaker translated many lines.

Now that I know we have a German speaker who play the game, I might just wait for de_DE to be at 100% to submit it. (there is 7 missing lines, so it should be easy) and of course, you can also review the purple cells and turn iit back to white when you are done. I'll wait for 100% before I submit.

There is many things that can happen as many people are involved in the process. Like Kitty said, if I do net see a change in the en_US file, I will not be able to change it in the spreadsheet.If I do not see a change done by translatores on the spreadsheet, then I can not update the files.If the translators have not updated the new or changed lines, It will not show even after the update.If I do not know that there is a new release, I can not export all the files to make sure that the latest version of the spreadsheet will be in the release.  You can blame me for not updating the file, but I can blame the lack of German translators, as German have not been at 100% for a LONG time. It's at 99.67% because a Danish speaker translated many lines. Now that I know we have a German speaker who play the game, I might just wait for de_DE to be at 100% to submit it. (there is 7 missing lines, so it should be easy) and of course, you can also review the purple cells and turn iit back to white when you are done. I'll wait for 100% before I submit.

sorry, I am not blaming anyone - there's a lot of work being done and (probably) all done in freetime and for free - I am thankfull for that and just wanted to help...I missed the output text for the barrel since it was empty in the en_US file but the key was missing at all in the spreadsheet. Since this wasn't the only discrepancy, I was not sure if the spreadsheet was still being used or if the en_US file should be fixed directly (already done by Kitty).

sorry, I am not blaming anyone - there's a lot of work being done and (probably) all done in freetime and for free - I am thankfull for that and just wanted to help...I missed the output text for the barrel since it was empty in the en_US file but the key was missing at all in the spreadsheet. Since this wasn't the only discrepancy, I was not sure if the spreadsheet was still being used or if the en_US file should be fixed directly (already done by Kitty).

sorry too, I think that I might have overreact a bit

I saw that the last edit by kitty was touching the en_US file then I updated my fork and I started to update the spreadsheet with the latest data. It take time as I have to compare every difference in github and make my en_US file match the official one. I'ts not too complicated, it just take time, especially if there is many things to change.

Almost done, but I will not do tonight.

Hi Alice,

Just to let you know (and others maybe), I have updated the Dutch part.

[...] 

Now that I know we have a German speaker who play the game, I might just wait for de_DE to be at 100% to submit it. (there is 7 missing lines, so it should be easy) and of course, you can also review the purple cells and turn iit back to white when you are done. I'll wait for 100% before I submit.

100% done, only 1 purple cell left*, but changed a little more than 7 lines... also touched one or two es_ES lines.

and, BTW, I never attended a German school (only as parent) [:-)

* line 2055: "Meads Milkweed" - "Meads Seidenpflanze" - not sure if that is correct, but found a reference here (probably just a translation)

Hi Alice,

Just to let you know (and others maybe), I have updated the Dutch part.

I saw and I will most likely update it today.

100% done, only 1 purple cell left*, but changed a little more than 7 lines... also touched one or two es_ES lines.

and, BTW, I never attended a German school (only as parent) [:-)

* line 2055: "Meads Milkweed" - "Meads Seidenpflanze" - not sure if that is correct, but found a reference here (probably just a translation)

You probably understand more German than I do! Thanks for the translation update!

I saw and I will most likely update it today. You probably understand more German than I do! Thanks for the translation update!

no problem, only 150 lines... I've seen it on GitHub.and thank you for managing all the translations!!I was going to attack pt_BR next, but seems like it is already being handled by al-myr, right?(he is doing better than I could)

no problem, only 150 lines... I've seen it on GitHub.and thank you for managing all the translations!!I was going to attack pt_BR next, but seems like it is already being handled by al-myr, right?(he is doing better than I could)

in fact, me...

I added the missing translations on PT, but I only updated BR, when it was already translated.

To folks doing russian translation along with me:

Snowberry может быть переименовано из снежноягодника в жимолость, так как это один из немногих и относительно съедобных видов семейства Symphoricarpos, кроме того это название намного понятнее, чем снежноягодник.

Wintergreen - я по прежнему в сомнениях, что же это за ягода такая, в самом-то деле. Так называют один из подвидов вереска, а не брусники, с одной стороны. С другой стороны, брусника немного больше подходит под вид блока и использование.

Какие идеи?

File updated for 79.17, will wait a bit before submitting the changes that are already done.

If it's possible to the dev to tell me something like 24h before release of 79.18, I will update the language then to have the latest version on release.

I've updated the Dutch (nl_NL) translations.I've changed some of the existing fishing translations.

Mods marked in light green for ease of finding.

Edited by ChunkHunter

Can i help updating the spanish translation?

Yes, absolutely, you only have to open the google drive document.

Spanish is pretty complete, but we use the same translation for all the translation, so if you see thing that should be different for south america versus spain, feel free to change things.

Yes, absolutely, you only have to open the google drive document.

Spanish is pretty complete, but we use the same translation for all the translation, so if you see thing that should be different for south america versus spain, feel free to change things.

Yeah i just added the missing lines and corrected some mistakes. It is now at a 100% for 79.17

Thanks.

I just changed/completed de_DE.

Mostly Oil Lamp, Whiskey and Clay.

new key (not added):

"word.dyed" = gefärbt

[:-)

Edited by CHeuberger

new key (not added):"word.dyed" = gefärbt[:-)

Kitty just removed it ;)

thanks for the update, I should submit the files to avoid further delay with next release (as I never know when it will happen)

I just want to point out this quote by kitty.

Please, let me know what you think about the situation. I think that we really need to keep the localization in the official mod release.

https://github.com/Deadrik/TFCraft/issues/542

For TFC2, it's very likely that we're going to stop official localization support entirely, and just have it handled through resource packs.

And this is my reply

I do not see why.
For me it's a bit rude to foreign language speakers and to the people who spend time translating the game.
Why would non English users have to do extra steps in order to play in their language ?
If you do so, will the TFC staff handle an official ressource pack for the game translation ?
I understand that localization and improvement of display of the text in foreign languages is not a priority, but I think that this is going a bit too far... especially when then only thing you have to do to maintain the localization in the release is to accept my pull request.

I guess I should post this here as well.

Kitty is correct that going the resource pack route is probably the best for us as a small team. It will alleviate some of our workload and make it easier for you to update new translations as they occur. So here is a compromise. You create a resource pack and release it on the forums and manage contributors there. On our download page, we will create a link that says "For translation to {insert language here} please check the unofficial language pack." Then we will have that link in as many languages as needed to make it easier for players to find. The only thing that I need from you is to have that phrase translated into a bunch of languages.

This way, you can update whenever it is appropriate without waiting on us to check the PRs, and we don't have to deal with the translations which we cant verify ourselves. It's a win/win.

I guess I should post this here as well.

I think it's better to discuss this here.

I'll ask it again. Why do you think it would be best ? What do you think can go wrong ? What is the problem if you can not check it ? When you select to play Minecraft in an other language, we already have a message saying that the translation might not be accurate.

I think that we should look at dev like nuchaz, who advertise is mod as translated in 22 language on minecraft forum. We can see that he is proud of offering the players the possibility to play in their own languages. You should also be proud to have many translations available for TFC, especially if you consider the large number of lines that have to be translated.

When people suggest implementing new features that increase the tediousness of the game without adding any value, they are quickly reminded that TFC is not about adding tediousness for the sake of tediousness. Please, keep it the same way when it's time to play TFC in an other language than English.

For me, it seems that we are trying to find a solution to a non-existing problem. There is absolutely no "workload" on your side, you only have to accept a pull request. You do not have to verify the translation, you only have to trust the translators as much as I do. If you want to do real teamwork, then tell me before release so I can send the pull request on time. 

To whoever did Russian translation for Kitty's Birthday alias - kudos to you for my massive grin.