Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SPITfirE328

Primitive Power Sources-Animal Power

5 posts in this topic

Sorry if this has been posted before but I have read some of the other posts on forms of power that could be implemented but none of them really seems to fit the mod design they all seem to make the mod too easy and automated or just not fit the time scale.

But very basic forms of power have been around since prehistoric times, using man power to turn cranks or horses to mill flower. I think this could work as horse power is very inefficient, due to the amount of food needed, and the slow speed at which it operates.

The mill could look something like this:

Posted Image

to keep with the theme of terrafirmacraft the mill would require a lot of effort to set up and while it is running the horse would get tired requiring more food, water and breaks from work, this should help keep it away from "free power"

the mill could be used for:

• Pumping water from wells- if thirst became more realistic and sea water could not be drunk fresh water could be obtained from wells.
  • grinding wheat to flower in order to make bread
  • Lifting heavy blocks? - I cant think of a use for this but horse power was used for it historically
I think this idea would add more depth to terrafirmacraft and would add mechanical power that is not overpowered.

sorry aboat the size of the picture i thought it was smaller

Good idea, i like it, although it has been suggested many times throughout the history of this forum. This is a rather newish post that has the same idea as your idea....http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/26-early-power-systems/

It may be a good idea to add your ideasand reasons why this should be implemented to that post so that it is alll under the same 'roof'. I like your idea very much though (so much that im actually writing up my own explination (very large) on how the sytems would work, benifits ect).

The only problem with this idea, is as you stated, it can be used to make it easier in a substantial way, although i believe with enough negatives against the mills it could be implemented...:)

please transfer this to the other thread so i can offer my input without it being wasted on a thread which is about to die.

Oh sorry i didnt notice the other post I have transfered this one to it

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0