Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Artist

Server crashs: ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException

10 posts in this topic

Hello!

Not sure what to add. One of the regular server crashs on a system thats usually stable.

Anybody a clue what causes this? Or if the devs get a fix out?

Crashlog

http://pastebin.com/gM1xyqzp

http://pastebin.com/x1BBxtvW

http://pastebin.com/Wn3KuYh8

2013-06-26 17:52:15 [SEVERE] Encountered an unexpected exception ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptionjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException	at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReportCategory.func_85073_a(CrashReportCategory.java:137)	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85057_a(CrashReport.java:251)	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72914_a(World.java:4389)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:645)	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:274)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

And:

2013-06-23 05:27:02 [WARNING] Failed to handle packet for xxxx/xxx: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsExceptionjava.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException	at java.lang.System.arraycopy(Native Method)	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReportCategory.func_85073_a(CrashReportCategory.java:137)	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85057_a(CrashReport.java:251)	at net.minecraft.crash.CrashReport.func_85058_a(CrashReport.java:239)	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72821_m(World.java:845)	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72898_h(World.java:782)	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72851_f(World.java:736)	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_72832_d(World.java:568)	at net.minecraft.world.World.func_94575_c(World.java:716)	at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenPeatPit.generate(WorldGenPeatPit.java:82)	at TFC.WorldGen.Generators.WorldGenSoilPits.generate(WorldGenSoilPits.java:65)	at TFC.WorldGen.BiomeDecoratorTFC.func_76794_a(BiomeDecoratorTFC.java:117)	at TFC.WorldGen.BiomeDecoratorTFC.func_76796_a(BiomeDecoratorTFC.java:241)	at TFC.WorldGen.TFCBiome.func_76728_a(TFCBiome.java:216)	at TFC.WorldGen.TFCChunkProviderGenerate.func_73153_a(TFCChunkProviderGenerate.java:178)	at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73153_a(ChunkProviderServer.java:258)	at net.minecraft.world.chunk.Chunk.func_76624_a(Chunk.java:1249)	at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:153)	at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerInstance.<init>(PlayerInstance.java:36)	at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager.func_72690_a(SourceFile:172)	at net.minecraft.server.management.PlayerManager.func_72685_d(SourceFile:300)	at net.minecraft.server.management.ServerConfigurationManager.func_72358_d(ServerConfigurationManager.java:276)	at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72498_a(NetServerHandler.java:408)	at net.minecraft.network.packet.Packet10Flying.func_73279_a(SourceFile:136)	at net.minecraft.network.TcpConnection.func_74428_b(TcpConnection.java:461)	at net.minecraft.network.NetServerHandler.func_72570_d(NetServerHandler.java:134)	at net.minecraft.network.NetworkListenThread.func_71747_b(NetworkListenThread.java:53)	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServerListenThread.func_71747_b(SourceFile:30)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71190_q(MinecraftServer.java:674)	at net.minecraft.server.dedicated.DedicatedServer.func_71190_q(DedicatedServer.java:274)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71217_p(MinecraftServer.java:570)	at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:468)	at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

What you have pastebin'd isnt a full crash report, so I can't be certain as to what is actually causing these crashes. However, what was going on in the server at the time that the crash happened? Was anyone exploring new land and generating chunks? Or perhaps someone attempted to chop down a large sequoia tree? The latter is a known crash and has been fixed for build 77.

What Ive pasted is the full crash minus the personal info about the players (IGN/IP). Unfortunatly most crashs are nightly crashs and the players havent reported what they did, nor is it visible from the server logs.

Afaik sequoia-crashs have no ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException .

Hello? No attention from any officials? Do you even bother about bug reports, or shall we just omit them and go on?

there is only 2 devs, and they almost never post here, it's mostly other player who offer support, if nobody have a solution for you, it's unfortunate, but it can happen.

when there is a bug report where you say "i do that and it crash" or "i do that and it should not", then I would test it and report it to the devs. I am not able to do it for you as I have no idea of what happen and I do not understand crash logs.

the server wher i play crash a lot, but there is other mods installed so we can not say for sure if it's tfc's fault or other mods compatibility.

Hello? No attention from any officials? Do you even bother about bug reports, or shall we just omit them and go on?

Bugs and crashes can be frustrating, but they're to be expected during the beta stages of mod development.

Every bug report is looked at eventually, but the 'officials' you're looking for are 2 guys working to simultaneously develop new features and correct known issues. All during their spare time when real life gets out of the way long enough for them to focus on this beautiful mod they've created.

The TFC devs and community will do their best to help with issues, but it's an entirely voluntary team. As soon as one of us wins the lottery and can afford to hire Bioxx/Dunk to work on the project full time, we can start complaining about fixes and demanding features. Expecting to post and get a rapid response/fix simply isn't realistic, especially when you're the only person to report that specific error and nothing in your crash logs indicates a specific cause.

Based on your 5 posts to the forums so far, you seem to be looking for a stable, flawless, bug-free, finished product. That's just not TFC right now. I'm not looking to chase you off or offend, but if you're looking to admin a stable, bug-free Minecraft server... you should really be looking at mods that aren't in beta.

This is what i found in all of your crashlogs.

-------------------------

Forge{7.7.1.656} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods)

-------------------------

And this is what you can find on the TFC Download page.

(Built using Forge 7.7.2.679)

Completely missed that :wacko: , but glad someone was able to help

Every bug report is looked at eventually, but the 'officials' you're looking for are 2 guys working to simultaneously develop new features and correct known issues.  All during their spare time when real life gets out of the way long enough for them to focus on this beautiful mod they've created.

The TFC devs and community will do their best to help with issues, but it's an entirely voluntary team.  As soon as one of us wins the lottery and can afford to hire Bioxx/Dunk to work on the project full time, we can start complaining about fixes and demanding features.  Expecting to post and get a rapid response/fix simply isn't realistic, especially when you're the only person to report that specific error and nothing in your crash logs indicates a specific cause.

Based on your 5 posts to the forums so far, you seem to be looking for a stable, flawless, bug-free, finished product.  That's just not TFC right now.  I'm not looking to chase you off or offend, but if you're looking to admin a stable, bug-free Minecraft server... you should really be looking at mods that aren't in beta.

Let me reply to you this way: Im one guy whos running a pretty big community with a handful of friends. We run and test a few modded servers, gather bugs, try to reproduce them and report them. Thats a nice bunch of work and nothing is more frustrating then doing this work without getting any reply - not even an "ok, we noticed"! IF this is so complicated then there are this fancy things called bugtrackers.

Again: Bughunting is 2-sided: Fixers and hunters - between them is the foundation called "communication". Bugtrackers ease that. Ofc the developers must be willing to use that.IF (any) developer is not willing to do that - why should others spent the time to gather reports, debug stuff, etc? You never know if somebody to whom it matters actually reads it.

Let me reply to you this way: Im one guy whos running a pretty big community with a handful of friends. We run and test a few modded servers, gather bugs, try to reproduce them and report them. Thats a nice bunch of work and nothing is more frustrating then doing this work without getting any reply - not even an "ok, we noticed"! IF this is so complicated then there are this fancy things called bugtrackers.

Again: Bughunting is 2-sided: Fixers and hunters - between them is the foundation called "communication". Bugtrackers ease that. Ofc the developers must be willing to use that.IF (any) developer is not willing to do that - why should others spent the time to gather reports, debug stuff, etc? You never know if somebody to whom it matters actually reads it.

As a bughunter, I take bugs reported here, test them then report the one I can confirm on github. If someone report something that I can not reproduce or if it's a crash report (that I do not understand), there is nothing I personally can do about it. I also do not answer to the launcher problems, as I use magic launcher. For your problem, it seems that Emris found a possible problem with forge version.

The dev don't send people to github for bug report as lot of people have problems like "the recipe for this item does not work" but these only require a good answer (that we can give here) and no fix. Same with people who use the wrong minecraft, player api or forge version, they do not need any official bug repport on github.

I would say that the way "we" work is relatively effective. For example, this week, a guy reported what coal when place, can remove anvil. I tested it, reported it on github and in less than a day, there was already a commit to fix it. That time it was bioxx who fixed it, but we have other people who are fixing bugs, like emris or vegas goat (there is other but those are the one I remember). Of course, it's not always that fast, but at least the bugs are known and reported. Of course, we can not solve everything.

As for the fact that we do not have hotfix right now, it's because build 77 have been merged with the the build 76 hotfix fork, so they are not able to release any new build 76 hotfix. For bugfix, the players will need to wait for build 77.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0