Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
0Beechlgz

[Solved] Everything working fine except grass and foliage colours broken

14 posts in this topic

This is one of those threads where I'm warily wondering why after extensive searching I have been unable to find anyone even mention this. Is it only me who's getting this issue?

Foliage and grass colours seem to be stuck on tundra mode. Whether I'm in the desert, the jungle, swamp or anywhere the grass and foliage colours are a pale low-saturation greenish blue. I have tried editing the grass and foliage colour files in the bin but when I launch the game the launcher must overwrite what I've done because the files are reverted to what they were before I edited them. I wouldn't mind even if it were just all one colour across the world (maybe a mod limitation?) if I could just edit the colour that does show.

I've seen screenshots of other people's game and they seem to get richer colours (doesn't look like texture packs) so it must be my game only that's getting the dull colours. Can anyone please help me get the varied grass and foliage colours back?

Did you try deleting the TFC config files?

.minecraftconfigTFCOptions.cfg

.minecraftconfigTFC.cfg

Yes, nothing changed. I should also note that the biomes shown in f3 don't correlate to what's in my surroundings. Is this normal for TFC since TFC from what I gather uses it's own biomes instead? Or could it point to a problem maybe related to the dull biome colours?

I never had this problem before.

Are you using any other mods besides TFC?

Could you post a screenshot so we can get a better idea of what's going on?

I don't have any other mods running besides what the TFC launcher downloads automatically.

A screenshot:

Posted Image

Although I reckon this is meant to be a cool biome, I opened a creative world spawning in a rainforest. The colours were exactly the same.

Also I recently started getting crashes. It seems I can play a world for a short amount of time before this happens:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----

// Ooh. Shiny.

Time: 01/07/13 08:27

Description: Exception in server tick loop

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagByteArray.func_74735_a(SourceFile:27)

at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTBase.func_74739_b(SourceFile:96)

at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagCompound.func_74735_a(SourceFile:34)

at net.minecraft.nbt.NBTTagList.func_74735_a(NBTTagList.java:65)

at net.minecraft.nbt.CompressedStreamTools.func_74794_a(CompressedStreamTools.java:126)

at net.minecraft.world.chunk.storage.AnvilChunkLoader.func_75815_a(AnvilChunkLoader.java:80)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73239_e(ChunkProviderServer.java:182)

at net.minecraft.world.gen.ChunkProviderServer.func_73158_c(ChunkProviderServer.java:118)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.func_71222_d(MinecraftServer.java:281)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71247_a(IntegratedServer.java:88)

at net.minecraft.server.integrated.IntegratedServer.func_71197_b(IntegratedServer.java:105)

at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:429)

at net.minecraft.server.ThreadMinecraftServer.run(SourceFile:573)

A detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- System Details --

Details:

Minecraft Version: 1.5.1

Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

Java Version: 1.7.0_25, Oracle Corporation

Java VM Version: Java HotSpot Client VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation

Memory: 21944 bytes (0 MB) / 1037959168 bytes (989 MB) up to 1037959168 bytes (989 MB)

JVM Flags: 2 total; -Xmx1024M -Xms512M

AABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Suspicious classes: FML and Forge are installed

IntCache: cache: 56, tcache: 0, allocated: 1, tallocated: 18539

FML: MCP v7.44 FML v5.1.43.679 Minecraft Forge 7.7.2.679 4 mods loaded, 4 mods active

mcp{7.44} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available

FML{5.1.43.679} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available

Forge{7.7.2.679} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available

TerraFirmaCraft{Build 76 Hotfix 17} [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFCraft-Universal-Core-B2-Build76Hotfix18.zip) Unloaded->Constructed->Pre-initialized->Initialized->Post-initialized->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available->Available

Profiler Position: N/A (disabled)

Vec3 Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) used

Player Count: 0 / 8; []

Type: Integrated Server (map_client.txt)

Is Modded: Definitely; Client brand changed to 'fml,forge'

Once a world crashes once, It cannot be played again without crashing within a few seconds of loading. Not sure if the two issues are related as I don't know how to read a crash report.

The crash is caused because TFC is running out of memory. Since you only have a 32bit OS, the best thing you can do is set both your min and max memory allocation to 1024. Since TFC uses the full 256 height for world gen, with sea-level around 142 instead of the vanilla 61, it requires a lot more memory and much more processor heavy when it runs.

Also, those trees look correct to me, the colors mostly change depending on the time of year (Check your calendar by pressing N). In autumn you will get all the fancy different colors.

Also, those trees look correct to me, the colors mostly change depending on the time of year (Check your calendar by pressing N). In autumn you will get all the fancy different colors.

I'll second that. Foliage in the screenshot looks fine to me.

If you roam around a bit in Creative mode, you'll eventually find a forest that borders on a desert biome. Check the trees on that border and you should see light-to-dark brown leaves, with brown-to-pale yellow tall grasses. Sometimes you'll also find trees in low rainfall areas with the same coloration.

I asked myself the same question. It's probably still early spring. Wait until summer. :)

The crash is caused because TFC is running out of memory. Since you only have a 32bit OS, the best thing you can do is set both your min and max memory allocation to 1024. Since TFC uses the full 256 height for world gen, with sea-level around 142 instead of the vanilla 61, it requires a lot more memory and much more processor heavy when it runs.

Actually I have a 64-bit OS but I would like to allocate more memory if tfc isn't already allocated 2 GB. How would I go about doing that?

And thanks for the info about biome colours. I forgot there was seasons in this mod. :)

If you have a 64 system, install java 64 and you might have to uninstall java 32 to have good result

Actually I have a 64-bit OS ...

You may have a 64bit OS, but you definitely have a 32bit Java installed, so you can't give more then 1.3G RAM to TFC.

-------------------

Operating System: Windows 7 (x86) version 6.1

-------------------

Try uninstalling all java versions and installing the latest 64bit version.

That should fix your problem.

And if you want to give more RAM, just use this

-Xms512M -Xmx2G

Ok, I'll try downloading 64-bit java again. I could have sworn that's the version I downloaded last time... It says it's on 64-bit in the programs list too.

And if you want to give more RAM, just use this

-Xms512M -Xmx2G

I don't quite understand. What do I do with those?

If you're using the Launcher, then click Options and you can set min-max memory there

Thank you everybody. I think this is solved now.

Grass colour: Probably just wrong season.

Crashes: Low memory, just increased allocation now. Hoping it works, if it doesn't solve it then that's probably an entirely separate problem from this thread.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0