Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest midwich

Launcher stopped launching

4 posts in this topic

Hi there,

not used TFC in a few weeks; came back to it today but try as I might I can't get the launcher to launch. It stays mostly blank, with just my username and password visible, bottom right. Nothing has changed with the tfc folder itself in the Applications Support folder (OSX). I'm guessing it's trying to access a page on the old site, but it's no longer there. I notice that the launcher is currently removed from the downloads page which is consistent with this.

Any news on a reworked launcher then, or is there any way to start up the gubbins in my tfc folder without using the launcher?

Thanks for any help :)

PS this is what Terminal spits out when I run the launcher:

/Users/xxxx/Desktop/TFCLauncher/Start.command ; exit;macbookpro2011:~ xxxx$ /Users/xxxx/Desktop/TFCLauncher/Start.command ; exit;java.io.FileNotFoundException: http://www.terrafirmacraft.com/feed/  at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1434)  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLEntityManager.setupCurrentEntity(XMLEntityManager.java:676)  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLVersionDetector.determineDocVersion(XMLVersionDetector.java:186)  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:772)  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(XML11Configuration.java:737)  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(XMLParser.java:119)  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.DOMParser.parse(DOMParser.java:232)  at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(DocumentBuilderImpl.java:284)  at javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder.parse(DocumentBuilder.java:180)  at net.tfcl.MainWindow.loadNewsPage(MainWindow.java:379)  at net.tfcl.MainWindow.initialize(MainWindow.java:313)  at net.tfcl.MainWindow.<init>(MainWindow.java:122)  at net.tfcl.MainWindow$1.run(MainWindow.java:107)  at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:209)  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:715)  at java.awt.EventQueue.access$400(EventQueue.java:82)  at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:676)  at java.awt.EventQueue$2.run(EventQueue.java:674)  at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)  at java.security.AccessControlContext$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(AccessControlContext.java:86)  at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:685)  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:296)  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:211)  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:201)  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:196)  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:188)  at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:122) 

Their website moved and that's causing the old launchers to not get data. You can still play if you already opened the client once.

Their website moved and that's causing the old launchers to not get data. You can still play if you already opened the client once.

Thanks very much for this: do you know more precisely what I could do to crank up tfc? I've tried double-clicking the minecraft.jar (inside ~Library/Application Support/tfcraft/minecraft/bin) but without success.

Hi midwich,

I believe Bombpaw is right. The TFC launcher runs off of the website. Since they have moved the site the launcher has not update with the new site information that is why they remove it from the downloads. The current work around for this I have found is to install MultiMC with the needed files ( Player API,  Forge 7.7.2.679, and TFCraft-Universal-Core) I have also made a post with a download link in it if you would just want to download it. It can be found here:

[Removed]

If there is anything else I can help out with let me know

--Cidvond

[update]

I my pack was remove. I guess it did not meet some the the copyright standers. So all you would need to do is download MultiMC with the needed files ( Player API,  Forge 7.7.2.679, and TFCraft-Universal-Core) make sure all files are for 1.5.1

Guide: http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Installation

Let me know if there is anything else I can help out with.

--CIdvond

Edited by Cidvond

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0