Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rev

Tin & Zinc Bar Textures.

10 posts in this topic

I noticed when I placed a Tin bar on the ground it had a bluish tint to it and When I placed a zinc one,  it was silvery white.  This is false It should be the other way around. I would put pictures up but there too big.

Actually, pure tin and zinc are actually a whiteish gray, not a blue tinted metal for either. They are virtually impossible to tell apart when not accounting for physical differences in hardness. As for color, they are pretty much the same. 

Actually, pure tin and zinc are actually a whiteish gray, not a blue tinted metal for either. They are virtually impossible to tell apart when not accounting for physical differences in hardness. As for color, they are pretty much the same. 

I have tin and zinc with me right now, and I can tell them apart. Tin is silvery, zinc has a small blue/light grey to it. but yes they look very much alike.

The important thing is, can you tell them apart? If one was silvery and the other plaid that would work too. If it bothers you, make some textures and provide them to us so we can try them out. If they're good enough I suppose there's a chance Dunk might consider using them for the official download. But honestly? You'd have to be really pedantic to care, and pedantry doesn't make a game better.

I have bad ODC >.< and I deal with these metals in real life so it just bothers me in particular that's all

I have bad ODC >.< and I deal with these metals in real life so it just bothers me in particular that's all

I feel your pain, man. You'd think that kind of realism wouldn't be hard to implement, but that actually requires certain people to "care". Can't have that.

I feel your pain, man. You'd think that kind of realism wouldn't be hard to implement, but that actually requires certain people to "care". Can't have that.

TFC doesn't aim for realism, it aims for believability. Using the word "realism" and "realistic" in this forum is very dangerous.

And either way, that is no reason to insult the Devs who work very hard on this mod by saying that they don't care. If it really bothers you that much, you just need to put in a simple, polite, request to have the textures swapped like Rev did. It's literally a matter of renaming two files. Or you could do it yourself and fix other textures that may bother you.

Yeah, because this is a texture you're talking about, this is in your power to change yourself. Change the textures for your game. Take some screenshots. Show us that the change is better. Tell others how to do the same so we can see for ourselves. I'm fairly confident that would have an impact on the game. Saying, "You did it wrong" has a lot less chance of impacting the game.

I never said "its wrong change it"... i'm just stating my opioion

I never said "its wrong change it"... i'm just stating my opioion

Bihlbo and I were talking about Jee-Host{gm}'s reply to your lovely suggestion thread. Your suggestion and all replies were great contributions to our forums. Since it is such a small request, I will tell Bioxx/Dunk of it the next time I chat with them. Until then, you are more than welcome to switch the textures in your own instance, or chat with the artist of any texturepack you may use about the change. Most graphical changes are done by Capt_Slowpoke, along with any new textures. Whereas Bioxx and Dunk focus more on coding gameplay mechanics and the like.