Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rev

Grinding wheel/Grindstone.

5 posts in this topic

I did this post a few months ago on my old account and I was NOT very clear on what my intentions were for the suggestion.

So, in my first post I was thinking of the thing with the wooden frame and the big ingenuous stone wheel that spun when you pressed your foot on the petal. like this->>

http://www.flickriver.com/photos/walkadog/4038938314/   You would use the tool and grind down a nice finish blade for certain tool/weapon heads.

I mean you COULD just smash the area where the blade is supposed to be and...smash out a blade with the hammer? :blink:   It would be sharpish and kinda rugged but not very durable.  It wouldn't last a long time.  

So my idea is

• you cant grid tool blades for soft metals like Copper, Bismuth Bronze, Black Bronze, Bronze, or Rose Gold. 
  • You can grid tool blades for: Wrought Iron, Nickel if you made it to where you could make tool heads,all the kinds of steel and if they ever think about it manganese because it is grind able.  
  • having a grind pedestal would be like a luxury tool to make your bladed weapons/tools more efficient and more powerful maybe even prolong their durability.

well tell me what you guys think.  good or bad. :)  :D

Read my other post  ;) -> http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4294-manganese-no-not-magnesium/

errrrr....honestly, this has been suggested so many times, i can't even come up with a witty remark to make about it

although i do agree we need to have to sharpen tools before they're usable

One of the biggest issues I have with this idea is when you think about making saws...

I did a looong post a while back outlining an idea I had for just such a feature. Bioxx and i discussed it, and in the end, we decided it wouldn't work or fit well into the mod.

One of the biggest issues I have with this idea is when you think about making saw

just think a saw could be created with a piece of sheet metal that has had triangles punched out slowly with a hammer and punch......then finally sharpened on the side, not the tip

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0