Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
enbriz

Few bugs 76 build

8 posts in this topic

1. Does not drop a block in digging farmland. I wanted to move the garden to another place, and remove the old one, but this bug leaves pieces of plowed land around.2. Animals do not move, as if frozen. Start moving only when they begin to feed.3. Sometimes the sound vanishes4. In generation of caves there are mistakes. For example, the underground rivers are generated on a ceiling of caves.5. Possibly it not a bug, but I saw only a few biomes. By pressing F3 shows that there are only biomes of a bog and plains. Even in the wood shows a biome of plains.6. In caves not loaded pieces come across create gap illusion.

1. I do not see it as a but but as the way the mod work. Same for chiseled blocks like stairs, you can break them but nut pick it up.

2. Fixed for 77

3. That is partly a vanilla problem, should be fix with 77 if on 1.6

4. not always, but yes sometime you have occurence of floating water, i'll report it as a bug (i never liked it)

5. no idea how their biomes work. You can find jungle and desert if you go closer to the equator.

6. ???

For #6 are you talking about chunks not generating? So it's a black area and you case see caves and stuff? If so, that's a vanilla problem having to do with processing speed and memory. Try pressing F3 and A to reload the area if it won't load even after entering the chunk.

1. I do not see it as a but but as the way the mod work. Same for chiseled blocks like stairs, you can break them but nut pick it up.

2. Fixed for 77

3. That is partly a vanilla problem, should be fix with 77 if on 1.6

4. not always, but yes sometime you have occurence of floating water, i'll report it as a bug (i never liked it)

5. no idea how their biomes work. You can find jungle and desert if you go closer to the equator.

6. ???

1 . It is a pity to lose earth blocks. Let then the block of the farmland drop out as dirt. Or let grasses if long it wasn't used.Thanks for answers. I will write offers on additions and game improvements a bit later. I have many ideas. 

For #6 are you talking about chunks not generating? So it's a black area and you case see caves and stuff? If so, that's a vanilla problem having to do with processing speed and memory. Try pressing F3 and A to reload the area if it won't load even after entering the chunk.

Yes, simply not so I asked a question. Thanks, I will try.

I have to agree with the farm block issue, dirt is dirt, and even if you align the dirt and soften it up you still have a cubic block of dirt so shouldn't you theoretically be able to move that dirt around? As for detail chiseled stone I can understand why you can't move it, but why not stair blocks or slabs? I mean I can understand if the code is set so chiseling in stair or slab mode just removes a volume of the block as if you did it in detail mode, it would be a pain to write a new code and good couple dozen new blocks, but it's still a little annoying not to be able to move your stairs around, ideally I like to have stair blocks before I build my stairs. I also kind would like fences for the separate woods, there is a recipe that forestry uses which is five planks in a helmet shape which produces a quantity of coloured wood, maybe even better in early metal age you can make a saw mill that can be used to specially craft planks or logs into more refined wooden blocks.

For the dirt thing, i think it could be used as an exploit cause new farm land have full nutrient value. If you get dirt back it would be easy and cheap to break the block and turn it in farm land again.

Yes, dirt is dirt, but dirt with high nutrient content is not dirt with low nutrient content. The question is, are you so short on dirt and do you break farm land that often?

From my experience, placing a full block and turning it into a stair when it's in place is not harder than to place a stair block. In fact, it can be easier, cause it can be tricky to put a stair on a wall when there is no block under. With the chisel, you stick the block on the wall then you chisel the right side to have the well aligned stair. That's just my point of view.

And yes, it could be cool to have colored fence.

As far as I know, player placed dirt has no nutrient value until it has lied fallow for a few seasons. I would considered tilled land not dropping dirt to be a bug, and will ask the Devs what their opinion on the matter is.

For stairs, the way that I think of it is: When building a staircase, do you put it down plank by plank, or two stairs at a time? Carrying a hunk of staircase around to move it just seems odd to me. It makes more sense to place down the planks, and shape them into a stair.

If you really wish for that mechanic to be changed, I suggest a post in the suggestions forum, as it is not a "bug" that needs support.

Yeah, true, I got a little carried away with my own personal wants for tfc, lol.