Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
BSD

[Offline] Survival TFC: AssHat Server

120 posts in this topic

Only change I'd suggest is to get rid of smartmove. There's an element in which you eventually want to allow people to visit your town or certain areas of your town without having outsiders blocked completely and not adding and removing them as friends or change town permissions all the time. Having a fenced or walled off area can be tackled with smartmove and therefore no good.

Rest is fine. Hope the mytown mod devs do some work >.>

bcg, id like to see how well that goes. make sure it has bacon.

I got kicked from Gateway Point.  Why?  What did I do?

So there's been some complaint about the costs associated with some of the features of MyTown so I'd like to start a discussion on what people want or think is fair for this features.

The topics in question:

1) Creating towns

2) Claiming chunks

3) Setting homes

4) Teleporting to homes

5) Teleporting to town spawns

My buddy Kit and I joined this server to try out build 77. This was the third server we tried, and by far the best. Maps in good shape. Most of the players are decent. It was only like a 2k walk to find animals and virgin land. Having prices for the town plugin that uses items you can actually acquire is great (instead of some crappy econ plugin). I might have more on this when I utilize all 10 town blocks, because I dont know if I can buy more. Good place to be, come check it out!

IGN mwolfert

Hey, thanks MDub. Glad you enjoy the server. See ya around.

imo yes wrought iron isnt cheap, but the reward of making your town is, as for /home /spawn etc id like to see them implemented just cause i havent played in a few days and idk wth my house is even though im there, but i say that you have to have a tradeoff, nothing expensive maybe a ceramic mold full of copper? Or would the game not recognize part full and full status on the object since it is a percent value? other than that i love this server and also thinking about helping spawn farm it were a go, but then again its survival and giving ppl food at spawn is an easy start now if i keep dying and cant find a food source which is pretty common then yes i say that after x deaths a player can get some food to replenish health, furthermore if you pick it replant it, i dont mind people taking my crops or breaking tree branches but goddamit whoever cut down my orchard is gonna have their head on a plate, branches goddamit not the whole tree, ok im done venting gonna log on and play a bit.

So i recently set the time to 0 to test something and the result was kinda unexpected. The year reset and all born animals became invisible and tiny and not usable. If you have the problem either speak to an admin or post it hear so we can help you kill them and replace them.

So I'm not sure why but whenever I try to connect I get instantly disconnected after logging in. I think it may have something to do about where I am. I'm not sure.

Edit: It's fixed now

So server population has spiked dramatically and people are obviously requesting more slots. In order for us to upgrade linux would need to upgrade his connection and possibly his hardware so we definitely could use donations to help him out. Also linux if you could give us a general idea or what it costs and what you would need it would be beneficial.

Crap server population took all the space and I have not got a single chance to join :angry:

@Paolo: You should be a bit more as your signature tells. Self-sacrifice above all else :P So be happy for those whom be able to play.

Yes linux, tell us what some rams, megahearts and connection cost in your town :) If you even consider to upgrade. 

@Paolo: You should be a bit more as your signature tells. Self-sacrifice above all else :P So be happy for those whom be able to play. Yes linux, tell us what some rams, megahearts and connection cost in your town :) If you even consider to upgrade.

That was a non precise test, I do not believe in self sacrifice, Im just the combination of strength, arrogance and honour.

NEW IP IS IN MAIN POST. Will not be active for a few hours. please stand by. Will be up soon.

In case anyone is unsure of what is going on. We are moving the server to a new host with better bandwith and memory so we can expand the number of slots on the server. The details are on the first post of the thread.

1.4Gigs out of 4.6gigs to go for world upload. Not long now.

MOVE ABORTED FOR NOW REJOIN BACK AT 71.86.197.51

Getting sum java.io.IOException thinger.

Can't log in.

nvm mc login servers are offline.

After two days on this server, I would say this is what survival servers should be like. The only thing that is really added that takes away from survival is the ability to set home and go to spawn, but with a cost it makes it rather reasonable. People are friendly and will help, trades go on often as well, usually at spawn. Only disadvantage is you have to move rather far from spawn before you can find rocks, or food, other than what might have been left at spawn by the other players.

That's pretty much what happens on TFC servers that have been up for a while. All the rocks get used and food taken near the spawn. I keep trying to put cobble and sticks in the chest so new players can have the mats but for some reason people find it necessary to take more than they should. These items are really only needed early and you wind up having massive excess of them later on so I don't understand why people are so dumb. At least squid will always be a reliable source of food.