Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EnTro

Words of encouragement

8 posts in this topic

Hey everyone!

I have been playing Terrafirmacraft together with my gf for several weeks now, and it has been a great experience! The depth of gameplay it adds to the minecraft experience is great, and many mechanics are worked out very nicely! What I like most is that all the TFC mechanics encourage you to work together and play together on a server and build like a small pre-historic community with shared garden, smith and leatherworking house. Plus I can't forget mentioning the many (many!) types of trees and stone, seasons, food and metals, which just give it a very diverse feeling.

The mod is very cooperative in nature. Finding ore (especially a specific type) and smelting takes quite a long time, but when you finally find a decent vein, you get metal for years. Meaning you can share your copper with your friend, while (s)he provides the much needed tin for some bronze. Much like the ancient civilizations did. This and the intriguing complex + (almost) realistic mechanics make it such a great game to play on a server with friends.

In conclusion, Terrafirmacraft is a great mod and I'd like to compliment/high five everyone involved in the development of Terrafirmacraft with the great work and efford put into it! I take my hat off to that. Hope you'll stay interested and keep having fun with the development of TFC.

EnTro

I agree wholeheartedly. Terrafirmacraft is the mod that created most of the things I've always wanted in Aquor, those being a requirement for team-play and greater advantages to defenders and settlers. Logs and stone taking longer to break, and cobblestone falling like sand, has made so many more possibilities and practicalities for defensive structures.

The need for a steady food source once you've hunted the wildlife in the area helps tremendously with encouraging team play in a competitive server. You can have a single person or a small group manage the farms to make sure you'll have enough food to last you until next harvest, while everyone else divides their labor into other jobs.

The only thing I'm concerned about is the coming changes to skills to make a stat-based skill system. I'd prefer to have things be player-skill based, such as smithing.

I would like to concur. I'm only on my first TFC world and have just gotten my first copper anvil, after hours on hours of work getting my first home set up and figuring out how the mechanics worked etc. etc. I always sort of roleplay when playing vanilla survival mode to make it feel like proper survival depends on proper building and resource gathering and such. So I love how it takes 10 hours to get properly set with a nice large home (an undeep wood covered ravine) and my first pickaxe. This would usually cost me 10 minutes at most. Through user error it still took me about as long to get in a position where I'm now good on tier-0 metals for a while and have everything set up to work towards higher tiers. Now I feel I've *earnt* the capacity to be more ambitious about building and shaping terrain. Vanilla is great, but after the first day the world is yours, you can do anything you want. I *like* that, but I *prefer* when I'm NOT god and I have to deal with the terrain and the seasons and the exploring and the resources, and you really have to earn godmode.

This is the type of mod I would've made if I was into that sort of thing. I really like the choice to include a lot of real-world metals and their properties. I do have minor programming experience and I feel really inspired by this mod, I see many things in the current version that I would like to add if I could, almost in a dwarf fortressy fashion (i.e. many many more detailed features to then point where you can comfortably plan to work on it for years to come). So if I do someday start getting to grips with java and modding MC, it will be your fault. Really looking forward to the next build, I hear great things about it.

EDIT: I have been playing singleplayer but having played on a sort of RP server before I can definitely see how this works really really well in creating cooperative communities.

I would like to concur. I'm only on my first TFC world and have just gotten my first copper anvil, after hours on hours of work getting my first home set up and figuring out how the mechanics worked etc. etc. I always sort of roleplay when playing vanilla survival mode to make it feel like proper survival depends on proper building and resource gathering and such. So I love how it takes 10 hours to get properly set with a nice large home (an undeep wood covered ravine) and my first pickaxe. This would usually cost me 10 minutes at most. Through user error it still took me about as long to get in a position where I'm now good on tier-0 metals for a while and have everything set up to work towards higher tiers. Now I feel I've *earnt* the capacity to be more ambitious about building and shaping terrain. Vanilla is great, but after the first day the world is yours, you can do anything you want. I *like* that, but I *prefer* when I'm NOT god and I have to deal with the terrain and the seasons and the exploring and the resources, and you really have to earn godmode.

This is the type of mod I would've made if I was into that sort of thing. I really like the choice to include a lot of real-world metals and their properties. I do have minor programming experience and I feel really inspired by this mod, I see many things in the current version that I would like to add if I could, almost in a dwarf fortressy fashion (i.e. many many more detailed features to then point where you can comfortably plan to work on it for years to come). So if I do someday start getting to grips with java and modding MC, it will be your fault. Really looking forward to the next build, I hear great things about it.

EDIT: I have been playing singleplayer but having played on a sort of RP server before I can definitely see how this works really really well in creating cooperative communities.

Dwarf Fortress was a major inspiration for the mod, although since then we feel like we've discovered our own direction :)

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I had a friend to play with. I don't like multiplayer because the year and season goes ahead without you while you're offline. Log out in spring, log back in to find it winter... not for me. The one friend who plays minecraft doesn't have TFC and isn't interested in playing online with me. Despite that single player is still a lot of fun.

It's definitely in league with the best mods out there.

That sounds like a lot of fun. I wish I had a friend to play with. I don't like multiplayer because the year and season goes ahead without you while you're offline. Log out in spring, log back in to find it winter... not for me. The one friend who plays minecraft doesn't have TFC and isn't interested in playing online with me. Despite that single player is still a lot of fun.

It's definitely in league with the best mods out there.

You can change the way time passes in the settings if you so chose.

You can change the way time passes in the settings if you so chose.

I wasn't talking about my own server (I don't have one) I was thinking about servers where there are people playing in different time zones. But thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind if I can get my boyfriend on board this mod. I think my computer could handle hosting just for myself and one other person so it's an option.

I've recently started playing on a private TFC server, and I do think it flows much better than with singleplayer.  A bit of specialization works wonders.  In singleplayer, where you have to do everything, you have to be constantly dropping one thing to do another, it's a bit frustrating.

In our three-man server, I've been handling mining, smelting, and smithing;  another guy has been handling farming;  and another has been charcoal-burning and exploring for resources, along with doing whatever else needs doing.