Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

Wiki Edits/Suggestions

147 posts in this topic

-In "Storage Solutions" it says that Ceramic Vessels can be stored in Ceramic Vessels.

-Block IDs are shown in "Storage Solutions"

-Anvils and Barrels are placeable on ground

1. This used to be true, however testing shows it's been changed so I've updated the page.

2. This is intentional for people who wish to use other mods such as inventory tweaks

3. Yes but that isn't considered a "storage method", because it's only one per block. Technically speaking, all of the blocks would need to say they could be "stored" on the ground then.

I see the individual ore and mineral pages have been removed... I got good use out of them, personally.  The big chart is a little hard to read.

Also, it used to be indicated whether a given ore occurred in veins or clusters.  Though I suppose this may change in 78?

on the page titled

No nonsense, a stone-age guide

the images for the recipies are... odd

they are adding blank lines in making it hard to understand until you get onto the fact that is... odd

also, the axe recipie is wrong

post-1529-0-54559700-1378427385_thumb.pn

on the page titled

No nonsense, a stone-age guide

the images for the recipies are... odd

they are adding blank lines in making it hard to understand until you get onto the fact that is... odd

also, the axe recipie is wrong

We're currently messing around with the grid templates, which causes that issue. It will be fixed once we are done.

I see the individual ore and mineral pages have been removed... I got good use out of them, personally.  The big chart is a little hard to read.

Also, it used to be indicated whether a given ore occurred in veins or clusters.  Though I suppose this may change in 78?

We're trying to consolidate as much of the wiki is possible, so users don't have to hunt through hundreds of pages to find what they are looking for. Consolidation also reduces the majority of the redundancy, which makes maintaining the wiki much easier.

Info for Blast Furnace

Additionally, the pig iron is initially in a liquid form, whereas the bloom obtained from the bloomery is cold and must be heated to be worked.

Doesn't this imply you save a step, although it has to be popped out of the mold and heated to be worked?

Info for Pig Iron

Input Work Type Output
Posted Image
Unshaped Pig Iron Hammer
Posted Image
Pig Iron Ingot

Is this possible? Isn't the crafting grid used to pop it out of the mold? 

Under Metals

Steel is listed under alloys, 1, alloys are a combination of 2 metals, and 2, the listing for pig iron is as follows

Under Pig Iron

Alloys using Pig Iron

Pig Iron is not used in the creation of any Alloys

Thanks. 

Info for Blast Furnace:

Hopefully in the next hotfix, ingots will retain their temperature after being removed from their molds, so you will save the step of reheating. The code for it is currently being debugged though, so no promises.

Info for Pig Iron:

Didn't notice that, and it's actually like that on all the metal pages. Will switch so that it states uncrafting instead of hammering.

Under Metals/Pig Iron:

Steel used to be a combo of pig iron and wrought iron which is why it was under Alloys. I have moved Steel to base metals, so the pig iron information is now correct.

Proposition for someone with experience. I have mentioned in one of the topics that there could be an additional comment or section concerning mining with ProPick and Pick. Maybe some methods that people use in order to successfully and quickly find the ores and minerals. Can't do much as i'm a newbie and just recently dabbled into the matter :)  I'm sure this would help a lot all the new players and maybe some of the older ones to use more effective methods.

there is a propick guide in the guide section of the forum

If you mean "Video Tutorials and Let's Play's" then it doesn't work. Clicking on the page shows:
Fatal error: Call to undefined function wfLoadExtensionMessages() in /var/www/html/w/extensions/EmbedVideo/EmbedVideo.hooks.php on line 76

Can't find anything else, from this the suggestion :P

I found an error. On Black Steel page, it says it can be made in crucible. Which is wrong, you get Weak Steel and you need to weld it with pig iron and work to get Black Steel. I just got pretty confused trying to make black steel.

Under Land

Peat spawns in dirt below or equal to a y-level of 146. It can be used as fuel in a fire-pit , or as a roofing material as it is one of the few blocks not affected by gravity. Like dirt and clay, grass can grow on top of peat, therefore disguising it and making it harder to find.

As of build 77, peat cannot be placed.

Possible description

Peat spawns in dirt below or equal to a y-level of 146. It can be used as fuel in a fire-pit. It can no longer be placed. Like dirt and clay, grass can grow on top of peat, therefore disguising it and making it harder to find. 

Prior to build 77, peat could be used as roofing material as it was one of the few blocks not affected by gravity. The new thatch block is an alternative for this use.

The info for thatch is not needed, just a recommendation.

Under Pottery (4.3.1)

Ingots

A Ceramic Mold which is filled with metal and not a liquid can also be used to create an ingot. Simply place the filled mold in your crafting area and retrieve the ingot from the output. The temperature of the metal in the mold will carry over to the ingot. The empty mold will be returned to your inventory although there is a chance of it breaking and being lost.

Posted Image Posted Image   Posted Image  

Suggested fix for change in temperature carry over.

Under Crafting Differences (Buckets)

Buckets

Vanilla Iron Buckets cannot be crafted in TFC. Wooden Buckets serve a similar purpose to a vanilla bucket, but is more limited in its uses. It can only pick up finite volumes of water and is therefore unable to place water. It is totally unable to pick up lava (as would be expected of a wooden item).

No longer picks up finite water, and maybe mention milk, barrel filling and emptying, and limewater?

The Firepit page is giving me this error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function wfLoadExtensionMessages() in /var/www/html/w/extensions/EmbedVideo/EmbedVideo.hooks.php on line 76"

Is it a problem on my end or is the page broken?

The Firepit page is giving me this error: "Fatal error: Call to undefined function wfLoadExtensionMessages() in /var/www/html/w/extensions/EmbedVideo/EmbedVideo.hooks.php on line 76"

Is it a problem on my end or is the page broken?

Pages with embedded youtube videos are currently broken.

Lapis Lazuli shows on wiki only to spawn in marble. I've found it in Dolomite and Chert. It also spawned around marble but never in it, might just be that vein. http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Ores_%26_Minerals

Ore and Mineral spawning is a little bit buggy currently. According to the code, it's supposed to only spawn in Marble.

Put items one by one and their ID's too. Hope that helps.

Here's some exact and estimated times for each specific page, along with some tips:

pit kiln           6m 40s         (8 MC hours)
full sluice       4m 10s        (5 MC hours)
charcoal pit   20m             (24 MC hours)
bloomery        12m              (14.5 MC hours)
barrel              10m             (12 MC hours)
fruit trees        10h 20m      (31 MC days / 4 TFC months)

#####

animal gestation     10h 40m        (32 MC days / 4 TFC months)
animal adulthood      ~7h 59m*      (24 MC days / 3 TFC months)

*animals take a little longer to reach adulthood in the summer and less in the winter

#####

time for nutrients to go from zero to maximum by fallowing     15h 20m       (46 MC days / 6 TFC months)

-tilling a dirt block will start its nutrients at 0
-tilling a grass block will start its nutrients at maximum
-planting seeds right after tilling grass block makes plants have a headstart

#####

-full barrels of limewater/water/tannin can process 12 hides at a time

Here's some exact and estimated times for each specific page, along with some tips:

pit kiln           6m 40s         (8 MC hours)
full sluice       4m 10s        (5 MC hours)
charcoal pit   20m             (24 MC hours)
bloomery        12m              (14.5 MC hours)
barrel              10m             (12 MC hours)
fruit trees        10h 20m      (31 MC days / 4 TFC months)

#####

animal gestation     10h 40m        (32 MC days / 4 TFC months)
animal adulthood      ~7h 59m*      (24 MC days / 3 TFC months)

*animals take a little longer to reach adulthood in the summer and less in the winter

#####

time for nutrients to go from zero to maximum by fallowing     15h 20m       (46 MC days / 6 TFC months)

-tilling a dirt block will start its nutrients at 0
-tilling a grass block will start its nutrients at maximum
-planting seeds right after tilling grass block makes plants have a headstart

#####

-full barrels of limewater/water/tannin can process 12 hides at a time

All of the time values on the wiki are taken directly from the code with number of ticks, not in-game hours or real life time. The only reason that you would be getting discrepancies (such as animal adulthood time) would be due to server lag. Many of these numbers are also configurable, for example changing the length of a tfc year is going to change the real length time of how long it takes for a fallow plot to regain nutrients.

The barrel numbers are also currently being re-balanced, and a full barrel of limewater may not process the same amount of hides as a full barrel of tannin, which is why those values have been left off.

Ninja edit: animal gestation/adulthood is also planned to be changed so that it isn't the exact same value for every animal, hence why that information is left off as well.

Also, other calculations such as fruit tree growth have random number generators as a factor of how long it takes for growth, so many of your provided values are actually a wide range, and not a specific amount of time.

All of the time values on the wiki are taken directly from the code with number of ticks, not in-game hours or real life time. The only reason that you would be getting discrepancies (such as animal adulthood time) would be due to server lag. Many of these numbers are also configurable, for example changing the length of a tfc year is going to change the real length time of how long it takes for a fallow plot to regain nutrients.

The barrel numbers are also currently being re-balanced, and a full barrel of limewater may not process the same amount of hides as a full barrel of tannin, which is why those values have been left off.

Ninja edit: animal gestation/adulthood is also planned to be changed so that it isn't the exact same value for every animal, hence why that information is left off as well.

Also, other calculations such as fruit tree growth have random number generators as a factor of how long it takes for growth, so many of your provided values are actually a wide range, and not a specific amount of time.

Yes, I did it based on ticks, but I converted it to time. Everything else, you're right about. I am dumb!

- The tin page lists it as an ingredient in bismuth bronze as well as bronze. Bismut bronze is made form bismuth, copper and ZINC, not tin.

- in the tools and weapons page it lists the spindle as requiring metal age, but a spindle is made from one clay and a stick, then another stick added after firing...

- Is the amount of hides/leather that a barrel of limewater/water/tannin  can process going to be added to the wiki once they have been..modified? This is exceedingly important information as putting in too much results in the loss of the excess (Which i discovered to my sorrow on Earth3) even though other object behaviors suggest it would have just not worked.