Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Kittychanley

Wiki Edits/Suggestions

147 posts in this topic

For a short period of time in B76 tin was able to be used as a replacement for zinc in bismuth bronze. Forgot that that was removed, page is now fixed.

I don't know why the spindle is listed as metal age, I'll ask Kreicus to check why he put that before changing it to stone.

Yes those barrel numbers will be added once the mechanic is finalized.

If there's any one page that I think might need re-doing (If only because some of it's wording sounds half-complete), is the Charcoal page. Specifically the Charcoal Pit page. Reading it I'm actually a bit clueless as to just HOW big I can make a charcoal pit, and if there is NOW an optimal size. The wiki page is worded 'This used to be the largest/preferred size of a charcoal pit', which suggests it might be possible to make it bigger, but not specifying exact dimensions like it does about how much it USED to be. It might be me on that one but, yeah that's my two cents at least.

If there's any one page that I think might need re-doing (If only because some of it's wording sounds half-complete), is the Charcoal page. Specifically the Charcoal Pit page. Reading it I'm actually a bit clueless as to just HOW big I can make a charcoal pit, and if there is NOW an optimal size. The wiki page is worded 'This used to be the largest/preferred size of a charcoal pit', which suggests it might be possible to make it bigger, but not specifying exact dimensions like it does about how much it USED to be. It might be me on that one but, yeah that's my two cents at least.

Very first sentence of the charcoal pit information: "The Charcoal Pit is constructed by creating a stack of Log Piles upto 25x13 in size, with a fire pit anywhere in the bottom layer so that it has log piles on all 4 sides."

And right before the sentence that you quoted: "At the maximum size of 25x13 the massive update of Log Piles to Charcoal will put some strain on the server so should be used with care."

The USED to be information is just part of that section containing an example charcoal pit, explaining why the image is the size and shape that it is. It's just an example that is still relevant so the images are still used.

I will edit the formatting on that page slightly so it is more obvious that those images and guidelines are just an example, and not strict requirements, but otherwise like the above information says. As long as it is within the maximum size and contains a firepit, with a log pile above and on all four sides, it will work. There is no matter of efficiency or optimal size, the more wood you put in, the more charcoal you get out.

Yeah but, my problem with that is that, those 25x13 references would be great if it were in three dimensions, since that's what we're dealing with here. Unless they can't be higher than two log piles high? Whether that's true or not, that should definitely be outlined.

Alright, I see the confusion now. I believe it's a 25 wide, 25 long, 13 high cube, but I need to double check those numbers before editing the page.

Basically, it's a really big size and you probably won't ever worry about making one too big without crashing the server when lighting it.

Aaaah, right, okay, excellent. Well I'm glad we could clear that up both for my knowledge and for future edits to the Wiki. Thank you kindly sir and sorry for the misunderstanding there~

No problem. The page is updated now. Take a look and see if its easier to understand now. :)

Oh that's much better, I can imagine there'll be no more confusion for anyone else with that, either.

Alright, I see the confusion now. I believe it's a 25 wide, 25 long, 13 high cube, but I need to double check those numbers before editing the page.

Basically, it's a really big size and you probably won't ever worry about making one too big without crashing the server when lighting it.

We did :) .. server crashed :(.

http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/683-post-your-tfcraft-pictures/?p=49570

A few typos/corrections on the "ITEM INDEX" page: http://terrafirmacraft.com/wiki/Item_Index

The Bed item links to the minecraft wiki "boat" page when clicked on the external site link.

For the items "Gems" and "Handstone"  the WEIGHT and SIZE are in the opposite columns. 

Also on image this page it shows a completed spindle in a tool rack, I can not place one in the tool rack, so I am wondering if this is a bug or was this a removed/never implemented feature?

The "mobs" page mentions in the beginning that animal size has no effect on items dropped. However, the individual animal pages state that size does in fact affect the drop numbers.

The "mobs" page in general looks a bit orphaned, with little useful (and apparently outdated) content. Pretty much everything it has is repeated elsewhere. The middle section seems like it contained a list, which is no longer in place. The page can probably removed in its entirety.

Dunk wrote the mobs page, and I agree that it needs to be completely re-written. (As do the rest of the pages that Dunk has written. >.>)  I'll start work on the page later tonight, but because there are a bunch of changes coming to mobs in 78, it will contain very little information so that I don't have to completely re-write it again, just add information when 78 is released.

The bloomery and the blast furnace are the next two pages that I will update. I'm the only person updating the wiki right now, so I've had to prioritize updating pages that I think the players will need first.

Ok, no problem I already know how it works, just wanted to know when would upgrade  ;)

Bloomery page is up to date now.

I read on the wiki that hickory burns at a high temperature yet in-game in my firepit it only burns below medium.  Seems like either wrong info in the wiki or bugged wood code.

I read on the wiki that hickory burns at a high temperature yet in-game in my firepit it only burns below medium.  Seems like either wrong info in the wiki or bugged wood code.

Something to keep in mind is that the temperature gauge on the fire pit is the exact same one as the gauge on the forge, which can get up to white hot temps with just the use of a bellows. No wood will ever burn hot enough in a fire pit to get even close to that high. I've just tested.. and burning hickory in a fire pit I was able to heat an unshaped copper ingot all the way up to Bright Red, but when using willow logs the unshaped ingot only heated up to Dark Red. So while on the wiki the range is from "Low" to "Very High" it actually means Dark Red to Bright Red. I will however add a note to that chart to make that a bit more obvious.

Hello Kittychanley, thanks for your hard work on this excellent mod and its wiki.

I made an account to edit the wiki but it seems editing is not for the general public. (Or am I missing something?). (EDIT: please disregard, I just saw the relevant forum topic about this.)

The change I wanted to make is this: gold pans can no longer be filled from underwater blocks. (The 0.78.14 changelog describes "quick panning" as filling from gravel blocks under running water, but that's a specific example. The update actually disables underwater filling of any kind.)

Thanks!

Ð.

Whoops, I totally missed editing that in the history and usage section. It should be fixed now! Thanks for pointing it out.

There's a discrepancy between the chart on Ores & Minerals and the individual pages for certain stone types with regards to the availability of Cassiterite.

The chart shows Cassiterite is available in:

• [*]
Diorite [*]Gabbro [*]Granite

That is, the three Igneous Intrusive stone types. However, neither the Diorite nor the Gabbro page claims Cassiterite spawns there. Instead, it's the pages of the Igneous Extrusive types which claim to have Cassiterite:

• [*]
Andesite [*]Basalt [*]Dacite [*]Rhyolite

In other words, Granite is the only type for which the chart and the individual pages match. Which is correct, the chart or the individual pages?

The chart is correct. I haven't gotten around to deleting the individual pages, but the majority of them should already redirect to the chart page.

Edit: The individual stone pages will eventually all redirect to the Stone page as well.

The chart is correct. I haven't gotten around to deleting the individual pages, but the majority of them should already redirect to the chart page.

Edit: The individual stone pages will eventually all redirect to the Stone page as well.

None of the individual stone pages currently redirect to the Ores & Minerals page; they're all there. Were you referring to pages for individual ores? Did that exist in the past? I was talking about stone pages, not ore pages. I too would love to see them merged into the Stone page, since most of them contain the same boilerplate information with differing ore/mineral availability—the same thing the chart on Ores & Minerals provides.

Incidentally, when you do eventually merge the individual stone pages into the Stone page, I'd love to see a lineup screenshot of life-sized samples of all stone types, together with their smooth, dirt, and brick variants. Preferably showing multiple raw stones connected, as it's difficult to compare a single, isolated stone to a wall of them. Just a thought. :-)

Incidentally, when you do eventually merge the individual stone pages into the Stone page, I'd love to see a lineup screenshot of life-sized samples of all stone types, together with their smooth, dirt, and brick variants. Preferably showing multiple raw stones connected, as it's difficult to compare a single, isolated stone to a wall of them. Just a thought. :-)

I could add something like that to the gallery section, but if you want the images for identification purposes, they really won't help much. Your best bet for that is to install NEI and use its highlight tool (and possibly further expand it by installing WAILA), or by using a texture pack that makes the different stone types a bit more obvious.

Note: I can easily identify every single tree just by looking at it, but even I can't identify stone types unless I'm using the Block Heads texture pack.. and even then I have troubles sometimes.

Another edit: On the Forge page, it says the auxiliary slots on the right are for ceramic molds. I was incredibly confused when I lost an ingot attempting to melt into a pick mold, and only now have finally realized it means the item whose name is literally Ceramic Mold—which is the unshaped ingot mold. No other ceramic molds will work, which it would be helpful to clarify. Thanks!