Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
MrRazerWolf

Cant Shape Ingots

7 posts in this topic

Alright so after taking a break from TFC for a bout a week i started up a new world and was playing for a while and got enough nuggets of bismithunite to make an ingot but I cant shape the unshaped bismithunite into an ingot? I have tried almost all of the temperatures to shape it with but I have gotten nada.

EDIT: I just did some testing in creative and i could shape an ingot just fine. Still cant shape one in the survival world im on though.

*almost* all the temperatures. Bismuth has a very low workable temperature. Did you try Hot*** or Hot****?

The easiest way to know the temperature that an ingot is shape-able at is to heat it up to liquid temperature, and then let it cool in your inventory until it no longer says "Liquid". As soon as that is gone, you can shape the ingot.

Yes i did try both hots it seemed to be a glitch in the world because i started a new one and it worked just fine.

I was having this problem last night and no temperature was workable. It was extremely frustrating. Like you I started a new world, got to smithing and the exact same techniques were working just fine.

Couldn't switch to creative mode because I was in a hardcore world. Until this bug gets fixed you may need to stick to survival mode and cheats enabled just in case it happens again, though going by your OP I suspect you already use these settings. It's not cheating if it's to work around a bug, IMO.

Are you sure you were working the ingot on a high enough tier anvil? You will know if the ingot can be shaped by the red rules showing up on the right had side of the UI.

I know you were asking MrRazerWolf but I'd like to add an additional answer since I also encountered this problem. Bismuth is a tier 0 metal which only requires an igneous stone as an anvil. MrRazerWolf was trying to work bismuthinite into an ingot, whereas I was trying to work a bismuth ingot into a pickaxe head (yes I had the pickaxe headplan in the right slot) suggesting the problem might not be restricted to just either bismuth or bismuthinite alone.

As said before, the metal works fine on another world using the same type of anvil and tools.