Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
0Beechlgz

No rain in any worlds and mob problems

11 posts in this topic

I've noticed the past few weeks there has been no rain in any of my worlds. Not in the jungle one or the forest one or the swamp one, years in-game pass without even a drizzle. It doesn't seem to negatively affect anything since my crops still grow and it gives me an advantage since I never have to worry about sheltering my fire pits but I just wonder if it's a known bug or not. 

I tried searching but all I could find were crash reports that mention what the weather was like when their game crashed, giving me false positives in the forum and google search.

UPDATE: So I made a new world this time in survival with cheats enabled. Again a long time passed with no rain. I set weather to clear for 100 seconds. After 100 seconds it started raining finally! However the game is treating it as if it's night now. Hostile mobs are spawning everywhere, even where there's no shade such as in an open dry plain. Even in the daylight spiders are attacking too. Something is really wrong here.

I've seen rain, thunder and all of that in my world not too long ago.

Did you turn off rain and snow using for example Optifine?

I don't have optifine and haven't turned the rain off any other way. My hardcore worlds are affected too so I can't have turned it off in console commands since cheats are disabled in hardcore.

Odd... are you in a desert area or anything? Have you checked the rainfall levels with f3?

The only rain bug I've encountered was a lack of sound when it does rain.  Thunder and lightning still trigger sounds, but no rainfall.  I believe it's already fixed in b77.

Doesn't matter what biome. I tend to settle in wet biomes with rainfall in excess of 2000, one of them is 8000.

About the mobs, it's normal for mobs to spawn in the dark. And when it rains, it's dark enough for stuff to spawn depending on the area (under trees and such). Also mobs won't burn. These are normal vanilla mechanics.

Are your particles turned off? I don't remember if that only removed sound and droplets or also the actual visual representation of rainfall.

They aren't spawning under trees, they're spawning in open plains too. In vanilla spiders aren't hostile in the rain in open spaces.

I'm getting rain now that I have adjusted weather once, but I don't know if it'll keep coming back yet will need to wait and see.

For you mobs problem, did you change anything in your configs? Like day length? Changing that can confuse the game and it will act as if it's night time, even when it isn't.

Now that the rain has gone off (the rain that started 100 seconds after I set weather to clear for 100 seconds) a few months have passed in-game and no more rain. Doesn't look good but I'll leave it a bit longer to see if it'll come back.

I've never changed any configs, don't know how. Could these configs be corrupted or something or set wrong when it was installing? Or would the game just not work if that were the case? I can't find the configs anywhere, looked through all the options.

The configs are in a folder where you installed Minecraft. Try searching for a file called TFCOptions.cfg and then view in folder. Delete everything in that folder and run your instance again. It will automatically regenerate new files for you.

Thanks I'll update in a while to report if there's any more rain. It may take a while because I've just yesterday moved into a drier biome, so I'm back and forth between my wet biome base and my dry biome base.