Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deez

[Offline] Oddworld [Hardcore] [Anarchy] [PVP] [Pre-Launch]

452 posts in this topic

The only person that was rejected was unsure about following the rules.

After much review, I have deemed that these rules are within reason and thereby accept them wholeheartedly.

I assure you that I will treat other's kindly, with empathy, and without harassment or grief. I'm mostly interested in this server due to it's hardcore nature, and have been looking for such a server to play multiplayer with my friend. I don't even plan on pvping, save for fending off enemies who attack my amazing castles.

After much review, I have deemed that these rules are within reason and thereby accept them wholeheartedly.

I assure you that I will treat other's kindly, with empathy, and without harassment or grief. I'm mostly interested in this server due to it's hardcore nature, and have been looking for such a server to play multiplayer with my friend. I don't even plan on pvping, save for fending off enemies who attack my amazing castles.

I'll hold you to that, for now you're accepted.

I'm going to try out a pretty drastic change with hopes of getting a few more active players. No more whitelist!

Anyone interested in becoming server staff should PM me please. I'll write up an application or something later but for now we just need some admins in place...

questions:

when i 1st loged on the world i could not harvest enithing. everything at the spawn area kept instantly respawning. is this normal? when i left the default spawn area i could normaly take blocks.

also. if i understoud correctly my 1 (weekend) constracted base will be deleted next update?...

thank you.

also... i am the second oldest member in this server :)

questions:

when i 1st loged on the world i could not harvest enithing. everything at the spawn area kept instantly respawning. is this normal? when i left the default spawn area i could normaly take blocks.

also. if i understoud correctly my 1 (weekend) constracted base will be deleted next update?...

thank you.

also... i am the second oldest member in this server :)

That's just the spawn protection area like in any server and yeah everything gets deleted when we have to do an update that requires it. All depends on what comes out in the release, but I usually just update the world anyways.

That's just the spawn protection area like in any server and yeah everything gets deleted when we have to do an update that requires it. All depends on what comes out in the release, but I usually just update the world anyways.

any idia when a permanent world comes?

any idia when a permanent world comes?

I doubt we'll ever have a permanent world. Even after launch I think I'll have to reset the world every couple of months or so.

I doubt we'll ever have a permanent world. Even after launch I think I'll have to reset the world every couple of months or so.

why then dont you have a small area (a town) that you could copy in eatch new world.this town would be small. that way the players can have a permanent base and not do the same things all over.

i like the game but if i know that eatch cople of weaks ill loose everithing it looses the fan. this game is for very long term planing.

thank you.

world generation that is, aka: Ugly chunks

Also Deez, is it me or is the server down? It constantly gets stuck for a while and after that it gives the following error: Internal client error: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

Other servers are working don't know why it's down now.

As far as losing worlds the game is still in beta currently until then expect frequest resets.

why then dont you have a small area (a town) that you could copy in eatch new world.this town would be small. that way the players can have a permanent base and not do the same things all over.

i like the game but if i know that eatch cople of weaks ill loose everithing it looses the fan. this game is for very long term planing.

thank you.

That's simply not possible unless we manually built the town in each server. Fuck that nonsense bro.

As far as losing worlds the game is still in beta currently until then expect frequest resets.

Yeah I could care less about all of your hard earned work and the possibility of loosing players because of world resets. In fact I encourage you to leave right now if that's going to be a problem later on.

Thug life, Deez.

That's simply not possible unless we manually built the town in each server. Fuck that nonsense bro.

http://www.minecraft...ow-open-source/

I like the idea too. Will be quite hard maintaining a steady playerbase with resets that often. If you don't care about your players, or what they want, then you might have a difficult time running a successful server.

Although, it wouldn't be worth it while TFC is still in beta. Once releases slow down a permanent town would be in your best interest as a server owner.

are there pre-made cookie cutter villages that could be inserted?

I don't even want to have a cookie cutter style town. It's up to you guys to work together and build one.

It's not that I don't care it's just that it's easier for me to say no. You all have the power to do what you want me to do, so do it legit.

Share the world folder with me and I'll copy it myself if ya dont wanna bother learning to use it. ;) won't cartograph it or anythin'

Share the world folder with me and I'll copy it myself if ya dont wanna bother learning to use it. ;) won't cartograph it or anythin'

No.

thank you.

Just throwing this out there, you could use MCedit make a schematic of the "main town" and port it into the new map. The entire process would take maybe 10 minutes tops. Also, there is nothing "un-legit" about copying a town that people made from one map to another. They built it legit the first time, which makes it legit, like 100% legit.

it could mess up the world when there is new world generation code though, like now with the caves and ores.

it could mess up the world when there is new world generation code though, like now with the caves and ores.

Not if it was done correctly. MCedit just copies and pastes blocks, this would be done after generation so it wouldn't mess up anything.

we could make a small town in a designated perimeter. then this could be copyed to the next world wherever the admin would like... like in a deserted desert miles away from Resources...

btw, i guess we are getting a new world with pre 40? (Ore distribution, chest changes, rock distribution, caves and so on)