Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Deez

[Offline] Oddworld [Hardcore] [Anarchy] [PVP] [Pre-Launch]

452 posts in this topic

There was a poll up? :(

Would the results have made any difference in the decision out of curiousity.

I'm a little sad that I wasn't even back from vacation before finding this out. I really enjoy hanging out with a great many people on this server because many are on the same time as me. Many are as active as I am. I like multiplayer because I like seeing what other players come up with as far as creativity.

I joined this server when the hour lockout and hardmode was in effect. I remember seeing towns and wonderful creations that people banded together to create and survive the "hardmode" server that the hour lockout created. It totally fit my playstyle.

I'm not so sure how I feel about PVP yet, but I hope that there will still be towns and wonderful creations like there was long ago. I hope that not everyone will be scared off by this change and I can continue to enjoy the community of this server. I'll be back the 15th :)

Would the results have made any difference in the decision out of curiousity

No, as I said before it was just to get a feel for the idea. Not enough people voted, and the ones who did, I didn't recognize.

You'll have to message me when you're back for your OP status again. See you on the 15th.

Edit: Also the server is getting a ram upgrade today so it might be offline for about an hour.

Noted.

Don't play here then you sissy.

Just had all my valuables stolen (while I was offline) because I built my base in the assumption that no stealing was allowed. And no PvP. Not really feeling like starting over either with how you treat your players.

Well, but you have made yourself quite clear. Have fun playing on your empty server then... or searching for the few other players that are going to hide themselves now I guess.

btw. the few people that voted were probably the handful that was still playing.

All our shit was stolen even though we hid it all, welcome to cheating pvp land, ciao Oddworld.

Also wanted to add we were averaging around 5-10 players nightly, pvp was enabled and now theres 0 logged in, good game.

All our shit was stolen even though we hid it all, welcome to cheating pvp land, ciao Oddworld.

Also wanted to add we were averaging around 5-10 players nightly, pvp was enabled and now theres 0 logged in, good game.

I'm not sure what you guys expected me to do about stealing before PVP was enabled... but now at least you have the option to defend yourselves.

It's convenient that this happened right after I made the "controversial" change that you and others were opposed to isn't it?

Just had all my valuables stolen (while I was offline) because I built my base in the assumption that no stealing was allowed. And no PvP. Not really feeling like starting over either with how you treat your players.

Well, but you have made yourself quite clear. Have fun playing on your empty server then... or searching for the few other players that are going to hide themselves now I guess.

btw. the few people that voted were probably the handful that was still playing.

Who are you?

Someone who has played regularly for the last one and a half weeks on your server.

Someone who has played regularly for the last one and a half weeks on your server.

Well now you know what's up. Play safe.

*Fail accidental post of fail*

I plan on doing a map change late tonight (Sunday). Everything will be reset.

I plan on doing a map change late tonight (Sunday). Everything will be reset.

Awesome, I can join the rest of you in the survival journey.

What build is the server?

Awesome, I can join the rest of you in the survival journey.

What build is the server?

It is listed in the server browser in Minecraft. It's currently and usually the latest build.

It is listed in the server browser in Minecraft. It's currently and usually the latest build.

Thanks.

IGN: supermotox36

What do you want to do on the server: Play TerraFirmaCraft. :D

~David

IGN: supermotox36

What do you want to do on the server: Play TerraFirmaCraft. :D

~David

We don't have a whitelist anymore but thanks for sharing anyways!

We don't have a whitelist anymore but thanks for sharing anyways!

Alright But I can't break any blocks or rocks or anything.

Alright But I can't break any blocks or rocks or anything.

You're in the spawn protected area still. That's a feature of vanilla minecraft...

...well, this fuckin' sucks. I have taken an MC break for about 5 days, maybe less, and when I get back, My town is griefed to SHIT, everything stolen, our precious and someone tore our most prized possesion, the castle, a new asshole. AND NOW there's a map reset. Oh darn. I guess we'll all just have to cope.

...well, this fuckin' sucks. I have taken an MC break for about 5 days, maybe less, and when I get back, My town is griefed to SHIT, everything stolen, our precious and someone tore our most prized possesion, the castle, a new asshole. AND NOW there's a map reset. Oh darn. I guess we'll all just have to cope.

Yeah I saw what happened to your castle. Something tells me it was one of the original occupants though...

The map reset has happened.

Here is the old map file if anyone wants it.

Came back early :)

Somehow I think adding PVP makes it so players think they get to ignore the 'no griefing/harassing' rule unless that's changed?

Granted, I haven't been online but from the looks of this forum, sounds like there's been a severe increase in griefing when another player is offline. How PVP helps in that instance? Or.. any of the instances?

Came back early :)

Somehow I think adding PVP makes it so players think they get to ignore the 'no griefing/harassing' rule unless that's changed?

Granted, I haven't been online but from the looks of this forum, sounds like there's been a severe increase in griefing when another player is offline. How PVP helps in that instance? Or.. any of the instances?

You can catch someone in the act at least. My guess is some more options for grief protection will come out with this next update about SMP.

Haven't been on much in the last month or so but now I'm back and no one I know is ever on. ;~; It hurts us.

IGN: 3p1c_d3m0n

What do you want to do on the server: exploring, metallurgy, raiding.

IGN: 3p1c_d3m0n

What do you want to do on the server: exploring, metallurgy, raiding.

We don't have a whitelist anymore, so you can connect anytime you want.