Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
jackd23

[TFC 0.77.15] Stone splitting wedge mod, axe plank crafting replacement

40 posts in this topic

And large vessels?

same as regular vessels I guess? but larger?

Now that the pottery discussion has subsided *cough*, it's time to push a small update. The mod worked fine as is with 77.12, but I had a recent request for consideration.

Initially I had my gf create both, 32x32 and properly resized 16x16 texture for both the head and the wedge. I decided to go with the 32x version, but I was (kind of) asked to consider that if someone was using default textures, this would be their only "pretty" item among all the 16x textures.

You will now be able to change this in the config file (splittingwedge.cfg), changing the "textureSize=" option from 32, or 16 (run the game with the mod once, for the option to be created properly). If you supply an invalid value, it falls back to 32.

You can safely ignore the ID mismatch for (default) ID 19396. I suspect this is because I moved the splitting wedge head to its own java class to realise the texture thing. It should not crash the client or cause existing wedge heads to disappear.

Also, the german localisation file wasn't registered. It is now.

I hope you keep enjoying this little addon. Of course everything is reflected in the OP now! I will probably put the source code up on github with a proper open source license, too.

What kind of cold hearted person would ask you to change your mod to something you were against from the beginning! The nerve of some people.

EDIT: Thanks a bunch for this change ! :D

Since you're already in the business of expanding stone-age play, do you think you could give ceramic vessels (low capacity) barrel functionality?

Also, baskets as low-capacity, pre-metal chests would be cool if you don't want to go for rough-hewn plank chests.

Since you're already in the business of expanding stone-age play, do you think you could give ceramic vessels (low capacity) barrel functionality?

Also, baskets as low-capacity, pre-metal chests would be cool if you don't want to go for rough-hewn plank chests.

Thank you for the ideas, but I don't want to make the mod bigger as of now. Adding more things means more things can break, which needs more time to fix and update. I'm afraid I can't commit to it at this time.

how about changing the recipe to this

Posted Image

I had a discussion on IRC a couple of days earlier about this, but I'm not really convinced that changing the pattern as of now is necessary. The current one feels acceptable to me, and due to its somewhat "weird" shape might even lower the chances of duplicate recipes for things that might be added by Terra Firma or another addon later. 

getting crashes in new hotfix

I'll be looking into it first thing in the morning. It would be nice to know what to look out for, if you have any more information on the issue.

Version 0.1.3 for TFC build 77 update 15 has been released. There was a change where the Localisation features were moved from the TFC API into the main project, and that change needed to be reflected in our code. A very minor fix for us, but absolutely mandatory. Unless one had just the right imports on somethingsomething.* (wildcard), I guess. :)

That means that 0.1.3b77u15 will not work with TFC versions 77 update 14 and older.

So if you're still using TFC pre-77u15, do not get this new version. There was no other change really, so it wouldn't be necessary anyway.

Keep on splittin' o/

Due to the mixed emotions regarding this addons i came up with a few ideas to compensate a bit. These are just ideas, im not trying to imposes them.

When you split wood, it would split in to 3 peices as currently, althought these peices would be "rough planks" These "rough planks"  would then need to be turned into into normal planks before they can be used (maybe rough planks could be used for a few rough things?) Using a rock and the rough plank, it would then bring up a GUI "just like the knapping" where you would need to smooth out the plank. This would need to be done for all the planks bofore they become usable.

Thoughts?

Due to the mixed emotions regarding this addons i came up with a few ideas to compensate a bit. These are just ideas, im not trying to imposes them.

When you split wood, it would split in to 3 peices as currently, althought these peices would be "rough planks" These "rough planks"  would then need to be turned into into normal planks before they can be used (maybe rough planks could be used for a few rough things?) Using a rock and the rough plank, it would then bring up a GUI "just like the knapping" where you would need to smooth out the plank. This would need to be done for all the planks bofore they become usable.

Thoughts?

Hello,

Perhaps split it in two with the wedge and hammer, producing two "log halves". The log halves are further worked with a new item, the froe (and hammer), to create "rough planks". The rough planks are further refined with a knife to create planks.

The wedge and hammer pretty much serve the same function as a Splitting Maul. in that it could likely, at most, split a log into quarters. I suggested halves because it seemed more balanced.

The froe is what gives you the control to create the rough planks pretty precisely.

The knife would be used to whittle the rough plank into the final, clean form.

Though...The froe being made out of anything but metal would be hard or impossible....Maybe skip the froe so it goes: Wedge + Hammer + Log = Rough plank, Rough plank + knife = plank..... hrm.

I use the mod solely to have planks for use in placing in the world prior to getting metal tools because sticks aren't placeable in the world like planks.

Cheers,

Michael

The fact that the wedge texture is not the same resolution as the rest of the game really bugs me, but otherwise it's a good mod.I also agree with the rough plank idea that has been tossed around.

EDIT: Oh sorry, I'm an idiot, I didn't notice that the size could be changed.

The default should probably be 16x16, simply because this is the standard size in the game.

When will be new version for Minecraft 1.6.4 (TFC build 78 update 17)? Sorry for my English, i'm a Russian.

yea when do the mod update (is it abandoned?)

yea when do the mod update (is it abandoned?)

Yeah, i would like to know this too... This was a great addon any chance it will be in b79? dont abandon this project just cuz dunk hates it so much...

Any chance this is gonna get updated? I can't get it to work with the latest TFC version.