Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jake_the_odd

More dairy uses and more

12 posts in this topic

My idea for this is basically to add in more food and meals involving dairy. This addition would benefit the realism of the mod, for it was made early in history, and it also was a good component in culinary history.

The main items I'm going to suggest are: Butter, Cheese, Pizza (with all of it's ingredients), and the Oven block

Butter

You could make a butter churn using a barrel in the crafting table, and then putting a plank on top of it in the interface to make the churn. The churn would work similarly to the quern, where it is animated and stops the animation when it is done. After the animation is done, you'd get butter, which can be eaten raw or made with other ingredients to make a meal.

Cheese

Another item that you could make is cheese, where you'd take lemons and put them in the crafting table with a ceramic jug or a glass bottle and you'd make lemon juice in their appropriate container. Then you could combine a bucket of milk with said lemon juice and it would make curds, that you'd then have to put in a fire pit to heat to complete the curdling. From there, you could make cheddar, mozzarella, and gouda cheeses by their respective processes.

Cheddar: cutting the heated curd up and recrafting it to make the cheddar cheese wheel.

Mozzarella: simply punch the air a couple of times to stretch it out to make it a mozzarella cheese wheel.

Gouda: put it in the crafting table with a bucket of water to wash it and make it a gouda cheese wheel.

After this, you'd need to ripen the cheeses by placing them like you would ingots on wood until the color changes to a darker tone, each cheese would of course have a different amount of time it would take to make ripe. Once the cheese is ripe, you can pick it up and eat it whole, cut it up and eat it, or use the whole/cut up versions in meals.

Pizza

This proposed "sister of vanilla Minecraft's cake" would be made by combining dough (any kind), tomato sauce, and cheese (cut up) to make an unbaked pizza. Tomato sauce would be make like flux, with a hammer in the crafting table and can be eaten up by itself or in a meal. Anyways, you could add any vegetables like bell peppers, mushrooms, and even cooked meats onto the uncooked pizza to make it an uncooked pizza with toppings (you'd use shift to find out toppings and how much it will make you full, along with it's effects) and then you would place that uncooked pizza into the oven block, but I'll get to that in a bit. After a certain amount of time, you'd get a pizza, and you can place it on wood and on stone, but not on grass or peat and such. Once you place it, like the cake, you can eat it slice by slice until it is gone.

The Oven block

Now onto the oven, you can make an oven by simply putting stone bricks of any type in the pattern of a chest, but with a piece of mortar in the middle. Once made and placed, you can cook two pizzas in it or 5 other foods. The oven would be fueled with peat, wood, or charcoal, but you'd need to use a torch to start it up and you'd get the torch back after it is lit.

Overall, I think this would be a great addition to the game not only for a culinary boost in game, but also as a cultural boost as well in both ssp and smp.

Thank you for taking your time to read this!

Do we really need butter and cheese?

Meh, while it could be unnecessary, it'd be nice to have just a block of cheese in your inventory while you explore, that and I think it would be fun to make your house out of cheese, but then again I was bored when i thought of this... you never know

I wouldn't go cry in a corner if this came in an update, and I really want to my own pizza!

Nice idea jake!

Cheese should definitely be added at some point. If only to make dairy products more useful. I also think the oven will eventually be a must have.

Butter and pizza would be cool and fun if added but I don't feel like it would make enough of a difference to really bother with implementing it. Not at least until everything of higher priority was added.

I like it, though I'd like to see this implemented as just a part of a food preservation overhaul, including smoking, pickling, canning, and drying.  And of course most unpreserved food would need to expire.

Once food spoilage is added, cheese could be a way of making food to last the winter. Cheese is generally quite hardy and takes a while to spoil.

Once food spoilage is added

Who said that? When? In what reality?

Who said that? When? In what reality?

IT'S IN INEVITABILITY IN MY HEADCANON, OKAY!?

Do we really need butter and cheese?

People always speak of something not having enough uses. This is a game, and if butter, cheese and pizzas are what he wants to see in it, then its his right to post the suggestion. Now please, just keep to constructive criticism. 

And yes, it would be awesome to be able to use a butter churn and make cheese. You have my like

My day has just been made with the recent version, Cheese is now craftable, now to try and make a house out of it...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0