Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ate0ate

77.9 Animal Spawns

15 posts in this topic

I've started several worlds and have been messing around exploring and noticed that sheep don't seem to be spawning south of -6000. I've checked all the mountainous and hilly areas I could find in three different worlds and no sheep in those areas. They spawn up north just fine. Anyone else notice this at all?

The  only animals I have found are deer and pigs. So far no Chickens and sheep

Build 77 nerfed animal spawns, particularly chickens and sheep. Chickens are in forested and jungle areas and seem to be spawning properly. Rarely, but properly. Sheep are exclusive to the high hills and mountainous areas. So far they definitely seem to be spawning as they should in the north, but anything below -6000 and they don't seem to spawn at all. Animal spawns are linked to climate rather than biome now, but i think sheep need some tweaking still. Its impossible to survive very long if your starting spawn is near the equator.

find water and you are safe for food, eat calamari

i think the sheep issue is no beds without them not meat

i think the sheep issue is no beds without them not meat

Exactly. I don't mind them being harder to find at all and I enjoy the challenge of finding them. Its just impossible to travel far enough to find them without being able to set my spawn. Plus I always prefer living around 3000-4000m away from the equator and I can't feasibly do that without sheep spawning.

I like north. I discovered that december is under 0 in my place, so the sea is freezing.

You have to go north for wool, I have to go south for feather (for scribing table). So in any case, we need to travel.

I'm on 77.11. I have searched both North and South of -6000. I searched Mountains, Rolling hills, forests, etc.. . I'm already in steel age. But I have yet to see a single sheep.

Sheep spawn is really broken. Or at least weird. I can't do lots of things without ample supply of string. 

first chickens now sheep are harder then winning the lottery to find what fun

I have seen plenty of sheep and pigs in my mountainous and swampy area (z = 11,000). Found chickens in jungles near the equator (z = 3000) but no cows anywhere (so far). Because there is a bug with sheep breeding, im waiting for the next update 77.12. For some reason baby sheep spawn inside the mother sheep and all die of suffocation. I can't risk losing my last pregnant female sheep lol,.

I am also looking for sheep (z= -13,000), but I have found very limited rolling hills/mountain biomes. If an area is devoid of sheep is that it, or is there a chance for sheep to spawn during the course of the game?

I've been doing a lot of exploring on worlds in 77.11 and 77.12 and the number of animals doesn't seem right.  On one world I explored a good-sized continent (flying) and only turned up 5 sheep on the entire thing.  So far my travels in jungles near the equator have turned up 1 rooster.  And I haven't seen a single cow across four different worlds.

If the sheep and chickens are spawning based on geographical location, then why not let us make feather beds, for example?Maybe introduce cotton plants in geographical areas where chickens spawn and sheep don't then we can make cotton cloth and fill them with feathers to make a feather bed?Maybe 3 cotton cloth  above 3 feathers above 3 cotton cloth.Making cotton cloth could be like wool, using a spindle.

In my opinion this could be done in accordance to the creation of clothing.

1. New plants and resources from animals and mobs to craft into new base materials.

2. New base materials able to craft various cloth.

3. New cloth items craftable into sheets from which you make beds, clothes, decorative items.

I'm sure we could be expecting something new in 78 or 79.

Yes... introduce some new birds for different areas that perhaps drop feathers but don't give eggs or meat. And cotton to replace wool in other climates.I don't entirely understand why crucial gameplay features are being tucked away in very specific parts of the world. You can't even get a drafting table without chickens.

Basically if you start north of -6000 you are screwed. Myself and a friend traveled for ages just to find a feather. One feather. We found one chicken, it took us days. And we never found sheep either (for pretty much the same reason: starting location) so we had to do it all without being able to save a spawn location.I actually like having to travel and explore a bit to find resources, but this is more than a little silly.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0