Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SunsetSpecter

77.8 Silver issue

12 posts in this topic

So found silver, mined it out, brought it home, checked the wiki for what I could do with it, decided I would find gold and make black bronze later. Melted the ore in a vessel with a kiln, poured the liquid metal into ingot molds....

There is no way to pop them free, or use the old method of breaking the mold off in the anvil. So now I'm stuck with 16 silver ingots in molds which don't stack all taking up space in a chest. Along with that in that form I can't even melt them back into liquid and transfer them/alloy them into a metal which 'does' have an ingot item...

Might want to run down the list of metals you can actually make in this game and add an item ID for all ingots... and ingot piles for them... cause this is a problem.

[do not know if persists into 77.10, server is still 77.8]

I can't even melt them back into liquid and transfer them/alloy them into a metal which 'does' have an ingot item...

How are you trying to melt them back into liquid? On a firepit or a forge?

Also, if you want to make black bronze before you have a crucible, you need to put all of the ores into the vessel at once, not the individual melted ingots.

you are lucky, i haven't even found silver yet, supposed to be in either granite or gneiss, right? what's the Y= value?

silver ingot is ID 16300, as i have been plugging in values for minor alchemy mod. i had to input that value in the list though. 

later tonight i will try to melt the ingots and make alloys...until then i don't know if the process can be continued that way.

no no no that's not the problem. I'm aware that alloys before crucible require the ore's in the vessel. What I'm saying is broken is that when you have Silver [not sterling silver but silver from native silver ore] in an ingot mold, there is no way to make it into an ingot a thusly put into an ingot pile for storage. That storage might be required by players which haven't found the necessary materials for a crucible yet, but have found Silver, or gold, or any of the other metals which can't be worked into tools. 

tldr; Metals which are -only- used for alloys need to have ingot ID's and ingot pile storage because filled ingot molds don't stack and take up large quantities of storage space. 

-edit- I also want my piles of silver ingots around my house... because dwarf. 

I see your point. Especially since the ingots are still technically in game, the recipe for conversion was just removed. I will submit a pull request that fixes this and see what Bioxx's opinion is and get back to you.

Until then, I suggest not smelting any more ores until you are ready to use their liquidy-ness in alloys.

I was able to unmold gold ingots and place them and It is possible to place silver ingots, they did not removed it from 76.

Only look like a missing recipe for unmolding silver (same for unknown metal)

Also, as ingots can go in vessel, I assume they can be melted with ore to make alloy.

Also, as ingots can go in vessel, I assume they can be melted with ore to make alloy.

Currently they cannot, putting any ingot in a vessel and firing it just leaves the ingot there, it does not produce melted metal.

Just a side note until the missing recipe is fixed; it does appear that unshaped metals do currently fit in chests.

I'm unable to open the vessel interface to retrieve metals. I was able to using 0.77.6 but not in 0.77.10Vessels created in 0.77.6 can't be opened and neither can vessels created in 0.77.10.Storage vessels (ie those not storing liquid metal) work fine.

It may be that the vessels have cooled and no longer contain liquid metal. Have you tried re-firing them in a pit kiln and then trying to open them?

Just a side note until the missing recipe is fixed; it does appear that unshaped metals do currently fit in chests.

No yes they do [thankfully] however one chest =16 space... all currently filled with silver ingot molds over the ever so wonderful ingot piles which hold so much more...

also look pretty... ... dwarf.

I was able to reheat the vessel and get the metal out.

Thanks