Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
SystemFail

brilliant ideas of a madman

14 posts in this topic

Say, you know what pisses me off about all of this? Well its simple really, you dumb ass devs decided to overhaul an overhaul. Honestly, what kind of shit planning is this? What insanity lead you to wake up one morning and go 'oh hey, lets fuck the users'? Hmm? I just don't understand this. It would have been okay had TFC2 stuck. I mean that was going to be a separate mod. Entirely justifiable to even some of the morons who browse this site.Alright, let me explain a bit of where this is going and what the history is behind it. Way back when I first discovered this mod. I think it was actually about build 36 something. Way back then, I was big into tech mods, I had all the well known ones. Redpower, IC^2, buildcraft, I had em all installed, playing fairly nicely with each other, typically being a bad ass with some very OP stuff. I discovered TFC around this time and did a bit of reading to understand what it was about. I wanted to try it out really badly. I mean, its a mod that changes everything and puts you at a disadvantage. This appealed to me, I'd been so far and so long into being overpowered that I wanted a change. I put it off for a good long while, procrastinating and more.All of that came to an end tho eventually. I finally, somewhere in the 40 or 50 builds I revealed my interest. I was waiting for an update to the mod to the vanilla version I was familiar with at the time. I spawned ideas, talked a bunch, spammed a few topics, all the goods came out then. I was going to play this mod, and I had decided that nothing would stop it.Fast forward. I'd been enjoying the mod for a good long while. Months. I'd abandoned these forums and just decided to hang out in the IRC. First major game change came that put me at odds. What the fuck is this shit? Suddenly saplings growing on thier own? Sounds cool, great even. Until you see it. Its not bad in single player for the most part so a bunch of you anti-pvp pansies wouldn't have noticed it, but in SMP if you don't clean it up every fucking hour. Otherwise you'd login and you're greeted to a sequoia tearing the bloomeries in half. What the fuck were bioxx and dunk doing when that change was made? I'll tell you:Ejaculating on the fucking keyboard. All that spillage must have done some crazy voodoo with the keys and typed all that terrible shit up. Not only did those trees eat your shit, there was no way short of putting glass at sky limit stopped it. And that presented its own group of dumb ass code. Crops. Who the fuck decided that greenhouses don't fucking work? Seriously, that is some major stupid shit right fucking there. Maybe bioxx and co were jacking off back then too. I honestly wouldn't be surprised with that. And there is the matter of the animals. How long does it take to fix a typo? Thats right, it was a fucking typo that made animals totally fucking shit. Many versions passed with animals being totally useless beyond your first meal. Breeding them lead to you watching a squad of 6 piglets suffocate without a damn reason. Killing them took simply standing a meter away and hitting them because for some fucked up reason they didn't move the slightest bit. Wake up you stupid bunch, clearly this mod is a failure.How this mod has survived is beyond me. Not only were those damned trees and shitty mobs being spat about, we had the wool and leather changes. The barrel is the single stupidest thing ever. Clearly no one understands that something like that is pointless. Leather has never been a good armor and never will be useful for much of anything. You may argue bellows, but really it does no good. Bellows only make getting metal faster. Which is stupid. Fucking stupid. Sure, now you can use the barrels to make booze, which btw is actually kinda fun, I wont deny, and you can use it to blow shit up, but that is the limit of use. Leather is early game and because of piss poor planning, dipshits made it impossible to get. Wool, now thats another thing. the change was to make getting a bed and skipping the first night impossible. Ha, until 77, the change that destroyed the mod, it was still doable first night AND made to be much easier. That is a failure of planning right there. I know this changed in 77 and that is my next pointSkill, yes skill was needed to make something this shitty. Everything changed, what once was a bearable experience, if anything just for the time sink, is now a multiday chore. I don't know about you but I work for a living. I come home every day exhausted and generally fall into the nearest chair. If I'm lucky, that chair is the one with my computer. I've just finished a hard day of work, why do I need to play a game about more fucking work? Really I don't. On top of the long list of changes that only make the game difficult, piss poor planning is seeping though all the edges here. 10 hotfixes at the time I am writing this. 10. What the fuck, how can you screw up so badly that you need to make that many version changes? Don't get me wrong, when you fix one bug another is sure to show up in its place. That's just how things work. But come on, most of these bugs 'fixed' were found within 10 minutes of standard gameplay. What self respecting developer would miss something like that? The kind that doesn't even play their own game. Did you know bioxx doesn't play his own game?Yeah, that's some fucked up shit right there. But not nearly as fucked up as the wiki. How does it take so damn long to write up about a simple ass change 'axes no longer produce planks'? Its a pain in the ass when a change comes out and you know nothing about it. The wiki editors are some major dumbfucks to be this slow. Hell, one of them is is a moderator, you'd think she would be on top of things. But no, that bitch is just as lazy and ill prepared as the rest of them. Because of everything, we're in the dark as to why black ass skeletons are faster then spiders, why little midget shits don't burn, and why the fuck it needs so much iron just to advance an age. Its become clear now that:A: I can plan better then the devs, B: The wiki community are a bunch of lazy tards, and C: This mod has become absolute trash.Apples to oranges, fuck you. 

This seems like entirely pointless trolling.  Could someone just delete it?

Most of the bugs you are talking about like sequoia replacing other blocks have been fixed. Skeletons also have normal speed now and less hp as it was unbalanced. Babies zombies not burning is a vanilla thing, not a TFC thing.

Of course, if you do not report something like that, it won't be fixed.

Why does it take lot of iron to progress trough ages ?  High tier stuff is expensive, like a quarry in buildcraft need gold and diamonds as far as I know. Why the best gear should be easy to get ?

It took time to resolve a bug ? Would you say you are better than the devs ? Can you code it, can you fix it and do you want to do it for free?

You are wrong when you say that metal melt faster with bellow, they are used to raise the temperature. Now, you must have it to use the blast furnace.

There might be some problems, like no bed to skip the night, but I guess that if enough people ask politely, they will come with a solution.

Why 10 hotfix ? To play now instead of in 2 months when it would have been tested more and have less bugs. Also because they want to fix bugs as soon as possible, not let people play with a bug when there is a solution.

The "wiki community" is one 2-3 people, who had to change a LOT of things for build 77, maybe just one change to the axe page, but how many page do you think they had to edit or create?. If you notice something missing, don't rage, report it, there is a tread just for that in the forum.

Did this guy really think all the profanities would encourage people to listen to him?Obvious troll is obvious, he's not worth replying to.

I don't know, you did read it yourself, so clearly someone is listening. :P

but yeah, few things I've figured out from looking this over

This member is using an alt account to rage. (one post here, implies heavily they have been around)

they have been around for a long time. (same as above)

They have been fairly active in this time. (mentions several community resources that the user has taken part in)

The writing style does not coincide with anyone I am familiar with. (This user maintains a tone thoughout the text that does not fit the tone of many other users I know)

Some of the text seems very oddly placed. (I wont mention how until I can confirm.)

This user wants their voice, not name heard. I actually find this fact a bit satisfing

Much of this is based on fcat. (Many of these issues have existed at one point or another)

the 'facts' are only skin deep. (most issues have valid explanations, something this user has not mentioned. This could be tied into the below)

Much of this looks deliberately written. (The tone of the text as well as the subjects of it are far too balanced for a 'normal' rage)

*yawn*

You owe me five minutes of my life back, mate.

I can sympathize with the OP, TFC is probably the best direction Minecraft could take and it's easy to become disappointed when features don't go your way or when seemingly simple bugs persist for months at a time. The arguments have some validity, despite the language or emotion. How strongly people feel is evidence of how important a mod like TFC is to gaming/Minecraft.

My advice: move on. If you don't feel the devs are responsive to criticism or suggestions or are too slow, contribute your own mod, or find something else to help you relax after work.

rofl you can still play previous versions so technically it's like playing another mod for each build and just like every other mod there will be bugs when it is first released.

Brilliant. This will end 1 of 2 ways... he will never come back, effectively saying bitching and running away.

or he will troll because he can't have his way.

I will not run. Nor will I just sit here and piss a fit over a lost cause. I came here with a single goal, to make my voice heard and maybe, just maybe wake a few of you up to the real story.

am I to fail? Yes. I didn't expect myself to get anywhere with this. I knew well enough that bitching to you all was a waste of time. You are far too into this to understand what it means. What it means to be disappointed by something I helped build, if anything though proxy alone. This community is rotten.

Ecc and areoc were right. I do want my voice heard. I do feel disappointed in where this has gone. While I can't mod or sprite anything, I do want this all to return to how it was. How it should be. Not some painful 'lets make it hard' deathrun. No, i want better, I want life to be a rewarding struggle, were death is met harshly but death is not on my back 24/7.

If you really wanted your voice heard, you've gone about it all wrong.  Your post reads like the spoiled tantrum of a 8 year old who has learned a few curse worlds and cant stop screaming them.  Make valid points, intelligently without all the cursing and whining, and the community would discuss them with you.

Play the older versions.  They maybe developmental dead ends, but they're still fun.  Optionally, if you're so disappointed with the direction of the mod, learn some Java and make a mod that suits your own play style. 

Ultimately, this mod belongs to the Devs and they can do as they please.  The best we can do is provide some constructive feedback and cross our fingers.  If they go in another direction, then adapt or swap mods.

I never understand why people who get something for free, something that they never lifted so much as a finger to contribute to, feel entitled to denigrate those who do.

8 Hours is long enough to gauge a response. Time to close the topic.

Note to all those who replied: Read the Second Letter of Each Paragraph in his first post,

And the first word of each paragraph in his second.