Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SimianChaos

Potential use for Rotten Flesh

8 posts in this topic

So in randomly perusing the net I ran across this mod and it got me to thinking, since we can't eat the rotten flesh (a good thing) there should be some other potential use for it. What about some crude leather of some sort?

Obviously we'd use the 'hardcore' recipe or some variant thereof. We have Rock Salt so in theory we could craft that into salt and use it to cure the flesh. That doesn't seem like a good idea however due to the fact that it's a singular type of item.

Anyway, I never played TFC before b77 so I don't know what it was like but I can tell there are some problems caused by the lack of planks. I also ran across that Backpack mod and think that one might use the two together, although modifying the backpack so it's not as big or has some other limitations upon it. I'd definitely limit it to a single backpack in your inventory though, no idea how that could be done however.

Anywho, that's me two bits, what think?

Some use for rotten flesh would be awesome. I am not sure about leather but rotten flesh should either just be removed or made to have a purpose. 

On the subject of backpacks.. You can just use clay vessels. They do provide 4 slots that you can fill with any small items. You can also place them on the ground without risk of despawning. That should be plenty of storage until you find the metals to make a sawblade and begin spamming planks.

I vote no.  My reason is the one of real-life practicality... servers get bogged down when folks fight zombies with their current a.i.  If there's an added incentive folks will lag servers more killing zombies.  Until zombies are fixed I'd say that they shouldn't drop anything.

Have you tried the combo and see if it works? I'd try but since we don't have furnaces I don't know haha. I'm definitely for this idea though. You have to travel a lot in this mod and I'm tired of having to make multiple trips. An example of this is having to go find rocks that contain Native Copper, then having to travel all the way back home, collect your mining tools, head back out and mine. I say it's multiple trips because copper for example with a very large vein will completely fill your inventory. Anyways, I'm for this.

My suggestion for rotten flesh would be to mix it with water (and possibly another ingredient) to make a fertilizer eg "blood and bone" to boost the nutrient levels back into farmland

edit: ok i even have recipe ... 1 rotten flesh + 1 bonemeal + 1 bucket of water = 1 bucket of liquid fertiliser usable only on farmland

On a subject of eating rotten flesh, I can recommend this particular meal. Careful, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Igunaq

This isn't just sea mammals, like wikipedia says, but deer can be prepared like that too, assuming you've got enough swamp.

On a subject of eating rotten flesh, I can recommend this particular meal. Careful, though.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IgunaqThis isn't just sea mammals, like wikipedia says, but deer can be prepared like that too, assuming you've got enough swamp.

Graffisk is fish prepared by burying it underground until it ferments. It was done by Nordic peoples and Vikings. Same concept.

I honestly am noot inclined to use human skin for leather purpouses, unless we're going to be writing the freaking Necronomicon here....

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0