Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bbushh

A reason for rain, the taming of sluices and northward ho!

8 posts in this topic

A couple mad ideas..... three in fact.

1. Rain sucks... it is merely an annoyance. Lets give it some purpose. Make fire spread  based on how long it has been since the last rain. In addition add a rare event... "dry lightning".... this will make rain mean something... as a matter of fact you may be praying for it :)

2. A very talented player on our server ruined our economy by automating sluices with redstone... simply put, make the buggers wear out and break... problem solved.

3. Reiterating an old idea.... make ore more plentiful towards the poles well above the tree line. This would cause players to explore north and south to find the balance of required resources. The single player crowd (weirdos) complained that they wouldn't be able to find everything within spitting distance of their porch (poor babies). Either make it a configurable option or let the loners suffer.

This for your consideration... thanks so much for the opportunity to comment and for rescuing Minecraft from mediocrity.

Yeah, Mojang is vey far away from crativity.

What's with all these suggestions lately that people are only suggesting because their specific server would benefit from it?

I would welcome an insult at this point :/  If I have offended the single player community with my heavy handed baiting (just trying to get a response) then I apologize.

I am just wondering if my ideas are so wonderful they need not be commented on?

Prove me wrong :)

Gonna dredge this up again folks... any comments?

You try too hard at flame-baiting. 

That said, your ideas are actually good, though ore distribution (polar versus uniform) should be a toggleable option on world creation. You may not like loners, but turning TFC into a multiplayer-only server (which this would definitely do without the toggle), is going to alienate a lot of people.

My Minecraft experience has been most positively informed by SMP (especially the Civcraft server: if I ever get around to learning Java, I'm converting all its mods to work in TFC and perfecting multiplayer Minecraft forever), but the singleplayer option exists for a reason. Sometimes people want to be left alone to build stuff and explore without having to deal with griefers and/or idiots. 

That said, your ideas are actually good, though ore distribution (polar versus uniform) should be a toggleable option on world creation. You may not like loners, but turning TFC into a multiplayer-only server (which this would definitely do without the toggle), is going to alienate a lot of people.

My Minecraft experience has been most positively informed by SMP (especially the Civcraft server: if I ever get around to learning Java, I'm converting all its mods to work in TFC and perfecting multiplayer Minecraft forever), but the singleplayer option exists for a reason. Sometimes people want to be left alone to build stuff and explore without having to deal with griefers and/or idiots. 

I am admonished (sad look). I have no problem with single player and do at times go there to get away from the... well, you know.

Having it toggle as an option would be ideal to satisfy both play styles.... perhaps a slider bar to set the degree of polarization.

Additional to the dry lightning, hows about  another rare weather event?  Hail storms... smash all those overabundant crops flat and make food more difficult for a bit.

I am admonished (sad look). I have no problem with single player and do at times go there to get away from the... well, you know.

Having it toggle as an option would be ideal to satisfy both play styles.... perhaps a slider bar to set the degree of polarization.

Additional to the dry lightning, hows about  another rare weather event?  Hail storms... smash all those overabundant crops flat and make food more difficult for a bit.

Destroying your whole farmlands? That's a bit rash... Depends on what you farm exactly and how you get seeds from the plants, but in my opinion it would be rough. Unless there would be a way to protect your crops, you would have to explore again for new seeds when you put most if not all in the earth to grow. Another scenario - imagine you just obtained a couple seeds and starting to farm. You'd want to grow as much as fast as possible. Planting your whole 3 seeds and have them destroyed with a storm will lead to another tedious exploration for them.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0