Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

I am guessing it will be a while untill extraFirma will update to 1.7.10 cause I can't wait!

Gonna have to correct your spelling of necklace there. It's pronounced neck-less, but spelled neckLACE

I must say the word Lace as origin seems to make sense!

I can't tell you how much fun I've had with your mod, it really made me very very happy. I was thinking, with the new update and torches going out, you could do something similar with your lamps, however you could then implement a redstone lighting/unlighting system (sparkers, covers), which could mean you could have your place light up at night, or when you need it. I have a lot of fun with redstone in vanilla, I feel myself kinda lacking it in terrafirma. I really liked having comparators again :D

but seriously, this is so much fun

Please, for the love of Notch. If you do decide to make your lanterns extinguish make them last WAY longer than the torches. Like... ingame months at a time.

Redstone control would be cool, as would fueling them with oil/fat/what-have-you. But the single biggest gripe raised on the torch thread was lack of reasonable long-term lighting options.

Back in March the mod maker Zerren said the mod is not dead. But it would be nice to hear from him again.

I would be glad if a Build 79 version of Extra Firma was released

I think a lot of us would be glad ;)

Id be happy with just the lanterns though lol

Back in March the mod maker Zerren said the mod is not dead. But it would be nice to hear from him again.

Oh no! I got so excited reading the features of the mod. Is there a chance of someone else taking over development/is the original author open to a fork, or is it really dead?

"Back in March the mod maker Zerren said the mod is NOT dead."

"Back in March the mod maker Zerren said the mod is NOT dead."

March, 6 months ago. He was last active on these forums June 5th...

That's never a good sign.

Some of you are motivate to continue ?

The sources should be available normally anyone know where to find ?

Some of you are motivate to continue ?The sources should be available normally anyone know where to find ?

I'm not for sure there is an open source to his code, if that's what you mean to update it. However the code should be in the mod download as we use it, right? It could be pulled out of there to use for an update or such.

Legal?:

This mod is licensed under everything TFC is licensed under and is property of myself and the two main TFC developers, Bioxx and dunkleosteus.

So for anyone to take over, assuming he lost interest you need Zerren's permission from what i can tell,

He dosn't seems to be active on here or on the minecraftforums anymore, but i guess http://www.reddit.com/user/xchainblade is probably him. (Its his Minecraft IGN)

That acc seems to be active, if someone is interested you could shoot him a pm.

Draco - thank you for contact. I've sent him PM - hopes for response.

Btw, actually Zerren didn't obfuscate java bytecode - therefore ExtraFirma was easlly decompiled and minecraft calls deobfuscated using MCP files.

But would be this legal to update code to TFC 79?

At the first page of this thread stated:

"

This mod is licensed under everything TFC is licensed under and is property of myself and the two main TFC developers, Bioxx and dunkleosteus.

"

Means this that ExtraFirma is licensed under "GNU GPL v3" as well as TFC?

I've sent Zerren a private message asking for the source like he said to do in a post way back, but haven't gotten any kind of reply from him. The decompiled code doesn't seem to be as easily read as the original source should be, if I had to guess. I could be wrong.

Please don't say this mod is dead.. Being waiting patiently for an update a day still nothing

Mud and Lanterns... that's not "a lot". It's missing Candles; Composite Crossbow and Bolts; Melee Weaponry; Bookcases; Medicine; Name Tag; Steel Tracks; Iron Bars; Compass; Redstone Logic Tiles; Carpets re-dying; Red, Yellow, Brown, and Green Dyes (alternate methods of obtaining); Ropes and Rope Anchors.

Maybe you only used ExtraFirma for the decorative blocks, but I know I wanted the crossbow and redstone logic tiles at the VERY least.

Mud and Lanterns... that's not "a lot". It's missing Candles; Composite Crossbow and Bolts; Melee Weaponry; Bookcases; Medicine; Name Tag; Steel Tracks; Iron Bars; Compass; Redstone Logic Tiles; Carpets re-dying; Red, Yellow, Brown, and Green Dyes (alternate methods of obtaining); Ropes and Rope Anchors.

Maybe you only used ExtraFirma for the decorative blocks, but I know I wanted the crossbow and redstone logic tiles at the VERY least.

You're forgetting that TFC added ore dictionary support in 79, so the majority of those are available in just "vanilla" TFC now.

• Bookcases - can be made with TFC books and plank blocks, but will only be the vanilla bookcase color.
  • Name Tags - added in TFC with the familiarity system, crafted with paper, marking and string
  • Tracks - Have been in vanilla TFC for pretty much forever, crafted with wrought iron for normal, or gold for powered.
  • Iron Bars - craftable using wrought iron thanks to ore dictionary support
  • Compass - craftable using wrought iron and redstone (from cryolite or cinnabar) thanks to ore dictionary support
  • Redstone Logic Tiles - While the comparator is still unavailable because there is no quartz, you can make repeaters using TFC stone and redstone gotten from cryolite/cinnabar
  • Carpet re-dying - Has been in vanilla TFC since carpets were first added, the only thing Extrafirma changed was that it's 8 carpet : 1 dye instead of a 1:1 ratio that's in vanilla TFC.

• Steel Tracks: Crafted like the Wrought Iron tracks, but with Steel.

• Redstone Logic Tiles: http://i.imgur.com/1VrFiW7.png

Didn't know about the OreDict features I will admit, I'm not used to the OreDict support, and switched back to non-TFC for my minecrafting because most of my friends are new to the game and want to play with less of a Total Conversion experience than TFC requires.

That's still 4:12 features that are covered by TFC and a new mod versus features that aren't. Mud/Adobe, Lanterns, Name tags, Iron Bars. Part of the feature of ExtraFirma bookcases is that they come in all the TFC woods. Name tags I'll grant you are covered (more sensibly than the brass ones in my personal opinion). STEEL tracks, the OP points out that wrought iron tracks already existed. Iron bars is precisely as the ExFirma feature. Compass: Honestly the magnetite makes more sense, and having both would be a nice alternative, but oredict doesn't technically cover that feature. Comparators and Repeaters isn't "repeaters only". The 8:1 dying is a change to the 1:1 dying, and is therefore a feature that isn't covered.

To be perfectly honest, the lanterns aren't actually duplicated features either, it's an extension/improvement/addition. Can't recall the adobe color (I built out of wood and straw not adobe), so that could also qualify as being different, though it's functionally the same with an extremely similar crafting mechanic... different aesthetics does not a new/different feature make IMHO.

Toss in MineTweaker and fix/change the recipes you want. I've changed comparitor to use jet instead of Quartz. You can remove the 1:1 carpet recipe and make it 8:1. Then there are at least 3 mods that allow you to add new items/blocks to the game without needing to create a mod. So grab the textures for the bookshelves from extrafirmacraft and add them in and script the recipes. Same can be done anything you want.

Ore dictionary support also means you can add in a lot of forge mods and have a lot of them work. Many issues can be fixed with minetweaker. Don't know how to use minetweaker? Well minetweaker recipe maker (by dries007 who does the TFCNEI plugin) makes it quite easy. The tutorial on minetweaker wiki is easy to follow.

Hopefully the addon makes a return, but you can replicate a lot of features with a little effort.