Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

@akbalox: When you delete your configs, it will still say there are mismatched IDs; this is okay. I changed the internal name of the recurve bow, but it has the same ID. All bows will transform into crossbows.

If its possible and you're not running any mods that need an old Forge, update your Forge. It's working fine for me on 9.10.1.859.

I can't reproduce that crash, but it looks like it's related to Rei's Minimap.

...at reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender.draw(WaypointEntityRender.java:141)

at reifnsk.minimap.WaypointEntityRender.func_76986_a(WaypointEntityRender.java:92)

yay really seems to be reys minimap related, but the olnly mess I did was your addon, I even delete all config, but it still crashed me (I have a bunch of other mods(inv tweks,smart move, water sac,optifine)

I was with my composite in hand when it crashes...

By the way I'm very gratefull you've made some bandages for us to patch up  our arrowed asses

Kingsblood generating properly (sadly I have to travel 1000 blocks to generate something)

Isn't smithing of arrowheads bugged? From 5 ingots, I got only 8 arrowheads. First time I got 4 but all others were 1. And I hit center at least 3 times out of that, I think.

Is it really? I remember that being a very old bug.

I can fix that easily by just making the recipe give 1 arrowhead, but the bolt recipe make 4 bolts with a single arrowhead.

Something that I really like about certain mods is the fact that they use multi-blocks, maybe you should try to add in some, maybe in the brewing process. 

by the way, don't know if its possible or you think its a good idea, but I would love to see something like this added: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/435515-v173-zipline-mod-sspwipvcc/

maybe all those features except for the zipline/handlebar part. The rope arrow thing would only be able to be shot out of a more powerful bow than the vanilla one, in this case, the crossbow. The rope bridges would look reeaally sweet with TFC's world gen and mountains. Maybe make it so instead of placing leather you place hides? I do believe the placed rope texture needs to be reworked to look like a more primitive rope. The cloth could just be TFC's normal wool cloth, but maybe you can add more fibrous plants, such as hemp, to make rope with? Hemp could also be used medicinally as a pain killer/medicinal marijuana. If hemp is too much of a "joke" addition, considering weed is obtained from it, maybe you could add flax, which you process to get flax fibers, which can be used to make rope or linen (simply another alternative to cloth, same functions). 

(Maybe make the placing leather/hides part of the tanning process necessary? tanning racks perhaps?)

Keep up the great work in this addon, even if you don't add the things I'm asking for. 

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uu46IM7TGo0

(just a quick video showcasing some of the features, watch it all, from beginning to end)

an Idea I have been pushing for far too long, thought I'd put it somewhere where you can see.

Plaques. Functionally like a sign, the difference is that when placed on ceiling/floor it lays flat against that surface rightside up relative to the player placing it.

Made using a raw/chiseled stone with a chisel for an output of 3 per crafting.

made on anvil using a plaque plan and any metal

On placement it gives you the same GUI as for a sign. No fancy 'chisel the work in', just a simple GUI prompt.

for dark coloured stone/metals, adjust the default text colour.

totally missing knapped stone arrowheads, it ought to be easy enough to add given that you put in the stuff for metal & shaped recipe for plans

adobe should  be colored by the sand-type that you used instead of just being 1 standard color. Adobe structures ought to blend in with their background terrain. (it also shouldn't actually LOOK modern-brick-ish, adobe generally looks more solid)

or maybe you could leave them looking bricking at first and we have to apply the wall covering, we could apply wet adobe to the walls somehow, maybe a shifted right click (have it use a portion of the handful and decrease from a dmg bar maybe so multiple blocks can be made to look smoothened with 1 adobe item?)

thought of another thing to add: shears for each metal-type

(it looks like the terrabow mod is abandoned, maybe you could fold some of his stuff into this, he already had stone arrowheads and BONE arrowheads, which I think are a neat use for the bones.)

Is there any place to see the crafting recipes without installing NEI? I prefer to keep my amount of mods installed to a minimum, so I'd rather avoid installing NEI.

I proposed to make a wiki page, but for now the wiki need a fair amount of clean-up so one it's done there is more chance to have a page there. I would make a draft page, but the wiki editing is broken

I haven't had time to try yet, but does anyone know if there are any conflicts between this mod and 77.12? I see carpets were added and I know that this mod adds them too. I'd download and check it out for myself, but I don't have access to a TFC capable PC for a little while.

should not cause a problem, we can end up with 2 carpet recipe

Everything works fine with the new update. Here's a hotfix (...in the OP) for the arrowheads only making 1 after the first craft, and a few misc. changes.

Configs for crossbow fancy rendering for the rare case that it crashes with rei's minimap, Kingsblood cloning (right click a mature kingsblood with a knife and you should figure out the rest), some texture changes to better reflect that they're now bolts instead of arrows, etc.

The next update will have some miscellaneous extras that develop the ideas that I already implemented further, like more herbs and bandages, more plant cloning (dandelions and roses), maybe a few more secret things. Not a huge update, but things are in the works.

(The ID mismatch warning on 3960 that it gives you is meaningless. Ignore it. I changed the name from 'flower' to 'herb'.)

Everything works fine with the new update. 

Make sure you update your topic title with the latest hotfix your addon is compatible with.

Forgot to do--done now. Thanks for the reminder.

Hotfix added!, tanks for your attention dude!!

how do you make kingsblood paste?

Make a Mortar using 3 igneous smooth stone in a bowl shape, and make a Pestle using 1 igneous smooth stone and a small plank (Flint and Steel style). Right click the Mortar with an adult Kingsblood, and then right click the mortar with the Pestle. It takes 1-4 grinds with the pestle to produce paste. Right click (with anything) on the full mortar to get the paste.

Great. But all those uses of string combined with total lack of sheep, it begs a question : Are you adding hemp? Maybe adding drying rack for drying it or other herbs. Maybe adding difference between "cloth string" and "tool string"?

I've never had a sheep problem, especially with the new update that fixes lamb death. Once you've got a pair, you've got quick infinite string.

I don't plan to add hemp, but I might do something with the hemp that's already in the game. Obtainable at least.

Ropes!!!

Can we trow it down right?!!

@akbalox: Right clicking on the rope anchor block with a braided string in your hand lowers the rope down 1 block, up to 128 blocks maximum (configurable). Right clicking with an empty hand takes the lowest rope back up.

It may be balancing move, but you really don't want to use stone mortar and pestle,  because it leaves stone particles inside of the medicine (especially considering pestle is breaking on use - it's exactly what I mean).Those particles can effect medicine quality in not a good way at all.

Usually there are wooden or ceramic mortar and pestle. In this case I suggest using clay ones. Although you seem to want to make most of the medicine metal ages thing, in which case I'm not sure what can be done. Maybe woodcarved pestle made out of single plank crafted with a knife (maybe metal knife even) and ceramic pestle.

please please let us make red feathered Bolts!!

Gets really messed up fighting skelletons!