Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

On a side note, TFC has a new version out...with ONE bugfix. An entire new version for one bugfix? Seems a bit silly to me.

Considering it was a pretty major bug that entities weren't properly taking damage.. and hotfix it ASAP was needed. Would you rather the devs waited a week or two until they found more stuff to fix and have all your entities die in that period?

Posted Image

That's cool! Adze? Halberd? I'm going to say halberd.

Considering it was a pretty major bug that entities weren't properly taking damage.. and hotfix it ASAP was needed. Would you rather the devs waited a week or two until they found more stuff to fix and have all your entities die in that period?

I didn't know it was that major of a problem. I was just voicing my opinion, and I'm glad someone clarified it for me. There isn't a need to get passive-aggressive on me.

Halberd, you are correct. The reach is sword length + 2 blocks, but the damage is only 85% of a sword's. Crafted either by mold pouring, or on the anvil using a double ingot + the plan.

Instead of 1 stick, you need 2 sticks, so it can't be finished in your inventory. You need a crafting bench.

Halberd, you are correct. The reach is sword length + 2 blocks, but the damage is only 85% of a sword's. Crafted either by mold pouring, or on the anvil using a double ingot + the plan.

Instead of 1 stick, you need 2 sticks, so it can't be finished in your inventory. You need a crafting bench.

==========================

If it's possible, you should make it instead have more damage and longer reach, but attack much more slowly. Also give the sword a slight attack delay.

And by "attack more slowly", I mean this:

1.) A "cooldown" after attacking before you can attack again

2.) The hit animation going much more slowly and not actually causing damage until the middle of the swing.

Or, what would be easier to do, give the halbeld a charge attack on RMB that will functionally replace the swing. Now that can be more damaging than sword's, because you can't spam those. Charge time you can balance as you pleased.

And for LMB it will be a quick 10-or-so-damage shove attack, useful for pushing mobs back (if only you can also make zombies not spawn when taking shove attacks).

Sure, I can do the whole gem encrusting thing. That was an idea I had a long time ago but got caught up with the crossbow.

The code is all there already, with the leather armor.

Oh boy. If there's a way to insert gems instead of deleted cubits of detailed stone blocks, that would be perfect solution for my Zombie Monolith Temple.

Or, what would be easier to do, give the halbeld a charge attack on RMB that will functionally replace the swing. Now that can be more damaging than sword's, because you can't spam those. Charge time you can balance as you pleased.

And for LMB it will be a quick 10-or-so-damage shove attack, useful for pushing mobs back (if only you can also make zombies not spawn when taking shove attacks).

Having cooldowns and attack delays on /all/ weapons adds more strategy and depth to combat. Instead of just spamming click, you'll want to time your attacks. Also, blocking becomes useful!

Having cooldowns and attack delays on /all/ weapons adds more strategy and depth to combat. Instead of just spamming click, you'll want to time your attacks. Also, blocking becomes useful!

You can't. If you have charge attack on sword, you can't block with it, so although blocking becomes useful, you will never block. Same applies to all weapons that use blocking mechanic.

anybody have problems with creative mod? Everytime i click search or an item in the extrafrima tab, the game crash. it's ok without the mod

anybody have problems with creative mod? Everytime i click search or an item in the extrafrima tab, the game crash. it's ok without the mod

Delete you config files and make sure you have the latest version of forge.. that fixed it for me.

You can't. If you have charge attack on sword, you can't block with it, so although blocking becomes useful, you will never block. Same applies to all weapons that use blocking mechanic.

=====================

what.

You block when they attack to take less damage (or mitigate) from their hit, then you attack while they're recoiling from their swing.

Alright I've got this all sorted out, but I'm at a dillema here:

A) Remove blocking from the halberd in favor of a powerful right click charge swing, having the punchy stabby part have a 'knockback' enchant effect

B) Keep blocking on the halberd and have the normal swings with the left click. They're still slower than usual, (twice as slow in fact), but they do about 80% more damage than a sword each hit. Overall, less damage than a sword or mace over time, but at a higher range.

---------------

In my thoughts, I think B would be preferable, even though A sounds extremely cool and interesting.. I don't know why, but it feels like A is too radical of a change, overpowering the simply hack and slash style. Plus, I've already got B all coded, lol.

I can add more weapons now that have even higher swing speeds and lower than average range, or even directional hit detection. (Backstabbing short range daggers that do massive damage in assassination attempts)

---------------

I might be splitting the mod up into mini-mods ExtraFirma: Weaponry, ExtraFirma: Decorative..

I agree with you that B is a better option. A would be really awesome if combat in minecraft had a complete overhaul, but as things stand now B is a better fit. I've played other mods with weapons that remove blocking in favor of a "special" attack option, but they usually just feel kinda wonky and out of place and I just end up defaulting back to the standard sword anyway.

Delete you config files and make sure you have the latest version of forge.. that fixed it for me.

===

Latest forge, but I was on 1.0.2 not 1.0.2b Solved! Thanks kitty

Option A would definitely be really cool, but I think that the left click attack should be a bit slower than the sword either way. Is there any way to make the swing/hit animation different than the sword's? I think the left click attack should have a stabbing/poking animation and the charged right click attack should have the swinging/slashing animation, if its possible.

If you go for B, why not make a different weapon, that uses option A for it's attacking?

B is nice, but A is awesome aswell, so i agree with davova and add A to an spear for example?

spear could be an long range stabbing weapon, but should be quite fast, cuz u dont have to swing the spear.

Rather than the quern, perhaps the flower dyes could be ground with the mortar and pestle? It would give it some variety of use.

User was Warned for this Post. Please read the forum rules.

op wen u update

op pls

pls respond op

op

pls

hey Zerren :) i just have a question for you.

in game there is a block called "tile.fertilizer.name 3958" (ref NEI)

its in the middle of your group of added blocks

but there is no reference at all to how to make it or what its used for

if (by chance) its a way of turning rotten flesh+bonemeal into fertilizer then im all for it :D (hurry up damnit ;) )

-Gilgs drowns in rotten flesh-

damn it ... GRRRRR

if you're adding these hammer + item -> dye recipes, dont you think the vanilla version that gives 2 ought to be removed?

also are the red/yellow flower clone items being added by you? The method used for kingsblood doesnt seem to work.

(discovered its a grid recipe)

you can probably insert/add a method to the class with ASM editing or edit the onBlockActivated method to act like the one from kingsblood if player is holding a knife. its a coremod thing, but its doable.

Progress has been done, just not updating. There are a few bugs for me to hammer out (I test against a multiplayer server as well) that are causing some issues but I know how to fix them. Studying for my engineering has made me slow down a few things, this being one of them.

Don't worry, things are coming. Weapons, mainly.

@gilgamorgh: That's a highly HIGHLY experimental test block that currently does nothing and can't be crafted. That's why it has no name even.

My plans for that one was to be able to be placed near farmland on the same level, and could be filled with fertilizing agents (gypsum, bonemeal, charcoal/ashes, straw etc) to refill the farmland's nutrient levels faster than normal.

@kotoroshinoto: Those recipes should already be removed, per TFC's modifications. The only way of getting yellow, red, and green dye without my mod is by grinding malachite, limonite, and hematite ores. (which I find is a littttttle overkill. Lapis is okay since it's a 'specialty' dye in my opinion, a royal blue)

Also yes. I forgot to add in the respective grid recipe for kingsblood, but that one can also be cloned by right clicking on a fully grown kingsblood with a knife. It places a clone in your inventory and turns the big one into a small one.

in game there is a block called "tile.fertilizer.name 3958" (ref NEI)

It seems to be one of the "secrets" that got sidelined by useless halberds and stuff.

if (by chance) its a way of turning rotten flesh+bonemeal into fertilizer then im all for it  :D (hurry up damnit  ;) )

Assuming zombies are supposed to be removed in (far) future, I don't think using rotten flesh is good idea.

lol "blood an bone" is my fav fertilizer ... its spring here, so ive been shovelling barrow loads into the garden (along with generous portions of chicken and horse manure) for the last 2 weeks ;)

lol it just happens to be on my mind atm

and that sounds like a great idea Zerren

being able to use different (useless) items to restore the 3 levels of nutrients

ive noticed (not really studied) that about 60-70% of plants use nutrient "B" , where as the rest are spread between "A" and "C"

so being able to independantly control the levels of the 3 nutrients would be really helpful