Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

Then now are you going to spend your first night if every block you place refuses to stack into a 2 high wall?

I've taken to climbing a tree the first night or two. With a stone axe, you can gather wood and place it in a pattern to create a small blind, blocking line of sight for the spawns.  Still not perfect, but seems more believable to me than the idea of hollowing out an entire clay pit or peat bog... or building a walled fort before dark.

Spend your first day gathering sticks and turning them into torches, lighting up a small area and then knapping lots of weapons so you can defend yourself from any mobs that spawn relatively far away and wander in? The whole enclosing yourself in a hut and then spending your first nights in complete safety was never supposed to be part of TFC anyways.

This won't work. The instance you hit a single zombie that happened to wander in on you, you are screwed if you can't enclose yourself or don't have good armor. Because all zombies will immediately know where are you and come for vengeance. More importantly, they spawn more zombies as you hit them. The whole inventory of stone weapons is not enough to survive the night if you are fighting zombies.

This won't work. The instance you hit a single zombie that happened to wander in on you, you are screwed if you can't enclose yourself or don't have good armor. Because all zombies will immediately know where are you and come for vengeance. More importantly, they spawn more zombies as you hit them. The whole inventory of stone weapons is not enough to survive the night if you are fighting zombies.

Not to mention that some might have armor. Also, when you're at the stone age, skeletons are a pain, as stone weapons are pretty much worthless in combat against anything that fights back, and since you have no armor to speak of, a skeleton or two can give you massive damage if you can't hide, and there is always the possibility of running into other mobs.

Plus, mobs spawn 24 blocks away from you, so lighting up that area won't do that much good, and even if you light up all blocks in a 24 block radius of you, zombies can still see you from over 20 blocks away, so as long as they have a line of sight, zombies will 'wander in'. So unless you plan on lighting up every block  in a 32 block radius, that plan will not work.

I've taken to climbing a tree the first night or two. With a stone axe, you can gather wood and place it in a pattern to create a small blind, blocking line of sight for the spawns.

Don't know what you mean here, but...

.  Still not perfect, but seems more believable to me than the idea of hollowing out an entire clay pit or peat bog... or building a walled fort before dark.

I dunno, I think hollowing out a hill made of soft, moist soil(clay) and covering the hole with thatch sounds more doable then making a log.. pattern/blind.

I mean, A guy chopping down trees and making a shelter out of that in one day, or a guy digging into a clay bank covering it with some dried grass in one day? I'd say the clay-grass is more believable. 

For the walled fort thing, I doubt anyone can build a walled fort in one day, even in vanilla minecraft. If you where referring to what I said, (Then now are you going to spend your first night if every block you place refuses to stack into a 2 high wall?) I never said anything about a walled fort, I just asked how are you going to keep the mobs away if you can't build a wall.

And I did just mean wall. Nothing more, nothing less. And I think it's possible to build a small thatch wall in one day

Oh my has it been a minute since I've read this thread. Sorry folks. Real life got in the way, I'm getting prepared to move, waning interest, and a few other things. Development has slowed dramatically, but here are some things I can input:

• I'll make it a point to update as fast as possible when TFC updates for 1.7 or 1.8. As far as I can tell, it works with the latest version.

• Alchemy may or may not be in the version update, time will tell. It IS shaping up to be quite interesting if I might say. Experimentation will play a role in it, just as meals do in stock TFC. A nifty Alchemist's Log will be available for you (a fancy book, similar to the Thaumonomicon from Thaumcraft) that will record your creations.

~~~~~~~

I've recently found time and renewed interest in MC modding, and I've begun working on my older projects..

I've learned a lot through Extrafirma, and I'm applying that knowledge in a breath of new life for my old mods. Currently working on realistic and futuristic nuclear energy for TE3, and will return to Extrafirma afterwards. Don't fear, this mod isn't dead.

• Alchemy may or may not be in the version update, time will tell. It IS shaping up to be quite interesting if I might say. Experimentation will play a role in it, just as meals do in stock TFC. A nifty Alchemist's Log will be available for you (a fancy book, similar to the Thaumonomicon from Thaumcraft) that will record your creations.

Say, will the results be recipe-centered, or ingredient-centered?

To clarify, will we need to mix different things to make potions, with the recipe for potions being different per seed like meals,

Or will each ingredient added add a bit of effect, with the effect that each ingredient add being changed per seed?

(Note: I'm guessing that things will change per seed because you said 'Experimentation will play a role in it, just as meals do in stock TFC')

Any word on if this addon works with TFC 78? I know a couple of things this addon has were added to 78 like rope.

I did not tried but even if it work, some things would be broken, like all the recipe including items no longer available (like olivine that no longer spawn)

Neat update. I'll try to push out a quick fix here soon for 78. Don't expect too many new features unfortunately, as most of them aren't done.

Some things with the new update I'll have to take a look at, maybe even add later. For food spoilage, people used to put their perishables in a container and rope them to a bank on a cold flowing river. I might do some things with all that. I can definitely use the Jute for my ropes now, though.

(tentative) update to 1.6.4 78.9+, use at your own risk. I doubt there are any horrifying bugs, but if you find minor ones let me know and I'll get a fix out.

Not much was added, but as you can see there ARE the alchemy blocks in, they just aren't craftable. I still have to flesh out all of them.

Awesome!

Are Rain Collectors currently craftable?

Um, how do we make a fish net?

Zerren, is your mod supporting localization. I can do the same as I did for Emris' leather water sac and add a tab for translation in the translation file. It's easy to create the file once it's all setup.

Figured out fish trap

B = Braided String

BB = Woven Net

BB

X = Plank

Y = Woven Net

XXX

YYY  = Fish Trap

XXX

Not sure on the bag or rain collector yet

The fish trap doesn't seem to work, or they only work in certain conditions

BUG: Breaking attached ropes still gives back braided strings

Edit: About the fish trap, I didn't know about the bait, the info was in the changelog

Anyone know how to make a leather bag? 

I used up about a stackworth of leather and made no progress.....

Anyone know how to make a leather bag? 

I used up about a stackworth of leather and made no progress.....

How are you trying to do it?