Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Zerren

[TFC 0.78.9] ExtraFirma Addon v1.0.4

334 posts in this topic

There are a couple of places in even vanilla TFC where food won't decay. However, this is accounted for by the fact that all that decay catches up as soon as the item goes back into your inventory. So while the food might not decay in the fish trap, as soon as you take it out of the fish trap it will probably rot away in your hands almost instantly.

Well, that just made me think of a funny prank to play.

Something like raw meat, in a fishtrap or something, with a sign saying 'free food', and left for a long time so the moment you take it out, it'll rot away and be gone.

Speaking of which, what happens to food that reach a 100% decay?

Speaking of which, what happens to food that reach a 100% decay?

Food will never hit 100% decay. As soon as it hits 90% the food is considered unsalvage-able and the item deletes itself.

There are a couple of places in even vanilla TFC where food won't decay. However, this is accounted for by the fact that all that decay catches up as soon as the item goes back into your inventory. So while the food might not decay in the fish trap, as soon as you take it out of the fish trap it will probably rot away in your hands almost instantly.

From what I can tell this is not the case. The food stays as it was prior to being placed in the fish trap. I didn't test extensively, but I noted that both the dough and pork chop seemed to gain no decay on coming out of the trap.

Seems that the first post with the recipes is a bit outdated. Several items like the leather bag have have no recipes.

I have been searching, but I can't find the instructions on how to install this. Please how do I install this? Do I just copy the downloaded jar into the mod folder?

I have been searching, but I can't find the instructions on how to install this. Please how do I install this? Do I just copy the downloaded jar into the mod folder?

Yes, that's how you install just about every single Minecraft mod nowadays.

Yes, that's how you install just about every single Minecraft mod nowadays.

Thanks Kitty. I thought that was it, but just couldn't find any documentation on it. There are still a few mod authors that tend to follow the beat of their own drum still. And I took a peek inside the jar, and I didn't see documentation of installation instructions either. I have installed now without problems. Thanks again! Really enjoying TFC and now this will add to it.

Really liking this add on. I like to suggest that bismuth bronze be added for the lanterns. I think that would be a good look for the lanterns. How does the fish trap work?  I can make one, but I don't understand how they are suppose to work. I put cooked salted beef in it, but unsure what I need to bait it with and where to put it (salt vs fresh and deep vs shallow water), and does weather (cold weather) affect it's function?

You put dough or maize seeds in the fish trap.

Don't know about anything else though :/

Sorry I can't help more

How does the fish trap work?  I can make one, but I don't understand how they are suppose to work.

I got it to work by placing it on the 3rd level under the water (so 2 water blocks above) and adding some uncooked Rye Bread Dough to the trap.  I went out gathering wood, came back and had a ~20oz fish waiting for dinner.

The Fishtrap doesn't work with grains since the changes in food on version 78

You put dough or maize seeds in the fish trap.

Don't know about anything else though :/

Sorry I can't help more

I got it to work by placing it on the 3rd level under the water (so 2 water blocks above) and adding some uncooked Rye Bread Dough to the trap.  I went out gathering wood, came back and had a ~20oz fish waiting for dinner.

Thanks the dough in the trap worked great...Catching fish on a regular basis now :) . As to the temperature, Ice had surrounded my trap and I still had fishes in it. It was also on just submerged that I could see the wood top on the surface of the lake and it worked. I will experiment with depths later once spring comes and my lake thaws a bit. Maybe deeper might affect amount of fish....not sure at this point. Totally loving this fish trap though. Thanks for the help! I would have never thought of dough as bait.

Emris, a suggestion for the future--could you perhaps add a thermometer block or item? It might look a bit like the protection meter, and would be a nice visual reminder of the changes in temp without using F3.

Also, any chance you can make the adobe "chisel-able" as a block, or perhaps at least add recipes for stairs/slabs? It would make a nice roofing material, but I'd like a bit more versatility for the overall look. It would be great if some of the other decoration blocks, like jet and lapis, could be worked by a chisel as well but not sure that's in your overall scope for this mod.

Emris, a suggestion for the future--could you perhaps add a thermometer block or item? It might look a bit like the protection meter, and would be a nice visual reminder of the changes in temp without using F3.

Also, any chance you can make the adobe "chisel-able" as a block, or perhaps at least add recipes for stairs/slabs? It would make a nice roofing material, but I'd like a bit more versatility for the overall look. It would be great if some of the other decoration blocks, like jet and lapis, could be worked by a chisel as well but not sure that's in your overall scope for this mod.

Emris is not doing this mod, Zerren is

Heh, sorry, been working with the BC compatibility mod and had Emris's name stuck in my head...I certainly meant Zerren!

ok, just to congrats this add-on's developer. Mortar/wooden pestle, nice shot for TFC. In hurry to see what's coming on with the Alchemical update.

Let's hope the mod development is not dead. Zerren hasn't been active for more than a month

Zerren said that he would come back to ExtraFirma after he had been working on some of his older mods,and will update as fast as he can when the 1.7 port is released.

Some of his older mods? what are those?

I don't know.

Edit: After actually reading the reply where he stated that,i now know that he's working on some nuclear things for thermal expansion 3.

can someone please explain to me where do i download the addon please or what do i do to get it if i even can. Thanks!

can someone please explain to me where do i download the addon please or what do i do to get it if i even can. Thanks!

Add it like any other mod

There is a download link in the original post of this thread. You have to click on the spoiler "Show" button in order to actually be able to see it, but it's there under the header that says "Download Link:"

After that you just put it in your mods folder. Like EstebanLB said, that's how you install just about every single Minecraft mod these days.

1. I and some friends made a german translation, please check the attached file and include if you think it's ok

2. You say it's licensed under everything TFC is licensed. TFC is licensed under GNU GPL so would provide your source code

3. As we play with the unlittorch mod, the candles are alternative lightsource, but they can be placed only on solidblocks.

It is possible to change that? So that it can placed on fences an even better on chiseled blocks or single planks?

de_DE.txt