Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
thesquiggolo

Crash on Startup on Mac [Error Report Included]

5 posts in this topic

So I tried installing TFC and it kept crashing to desktop whenever I ran it through Forge on the Minecraft launcher. I figured I just needed a fresh install of Minecraft itself so I reinstalled Minecraft, then followed the instructions on the wiki to the letter on installing Forge and TFC and it still crashed. I even deleted the config files multiple times. 

What happens is I choose the Forge profile, launch it, it starts up, shows the Mojang logo, and then crashes saying it found a problem and asking if I want to publish the crash. I'm not trying to use any other mods with TFC at all, so it's by itself in my mods folder and there shouldn't be any conflicts with anything, yet it still isn't working. 

Here's the full crash report as it was given to me:

---- Minecraft Crash Report ----// I just don't know what went wrong :(Time: 9/8/13 1:41 AMDescription: There was a severe problem during mod loading that has caused the game to failcpw.mods.fml.common.LoaderException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TFC.TerraFirmaCraftat cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.transition(LoadController.java:149)at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:520)at cpw.mods.fml.client.FMLClientHandler.beginMinecraftLoading(FMLClientHandler.java:181)at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_71384_a(Minecraft.java:470)at net.minecraft.client.Minecraft.func_99999_d(Minecraft.java:796)at net.minecraft.client.main.Main.main(SourceFile:101)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.launch(Launch.java:57)at net.minecraft.launchwrapper.Launch.main(Launch.java:18)Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: TFC.TerraFirmaCraftat net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:179)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)at cpw.mods.fml.common.ModClassLoader.loadClass(ModClassLoader.java:58)at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:249)at cpw.mods.fml.common.FMLModContainer.constructMod(FMLModContainer.java:457)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.sendEventToModContainer(LoadController.java:194)at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.propogateStateMessage(LoadController.java:174)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventHandler.handleEvent(EventHandler.java:74)at com.google.common.eventbus.SynchronizedEventHandler.handleEvent(SynchronizedEventHandler.java:45)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatch(EventBus.java:313)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.dispatchQueuedEvents(EventBus.java:296)at com.google.common.eventbus.EventBus.post(EventBus.java:267)at cpw.mods.fml.common.LoadController.distributeStateMessage(LoadController.java:105)at cpw.mods.fml.common.Loader.loadMods(Loader.java:510)... 10 moreCaused by: java.lang.NullPointerExceptionat net.minecraft.launchwrapper.LaunchClassLoader.findClass(LaunchClassLoader.java:171)... 38 moreA detailed walkthrough of the error, its code path and all known details is as follows:----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Details --Details:Minecraft Version: 1.6.2Operating System: Mac OS X (x86_64) version 10.8.4Java Version: 1.6.0_51, Apple Inc.Java VM Version: Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Apple Inc.Memory: 32586120 bytes (31 MB) / 107122688 bytes (102 MB) up to 1065025536 bytes (1015 MB)JVM Flags: 1 total; -Xmx1GAABB Pool Size: 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) allocated, 0 (0 bytes; 0 MB) usedSuspicious classes: FML and Forge are installedIntCache: cache: 0, tcache: 0, allocated: 0, tallocated: 0FML: MCP v8.04 FML v6.2.52.837 Minecraft Forge 9.10.0.837 4 mods loaded, 4 mods activemcp{8.04} [Minecraft Coder Pack] (minecraft.jar) Unloaded->ConstructedFML{6.2.52.837} [Forge Mod Loader] (coremods) Unloaded->ConstructedForge{9.10.0.837} [Minecraft Forge] (coremods) Unloaded->Constructedterrafirmacraft{0.77.10} [TerraFirmaCraft] (TFC-0.77.11.zip) Unloaded->Errored

Please help, I want to play this because it looks really cool, but the crashing is preventing me from doing so.

It appears you have installed everything correctly, version-wise. My only suggestion would be to make sure that you have the latest version of Java installed.

I checked the Java Updater and I'm on Java 7 update 25, which is the recommended version, so I have no clue what else to do.

Did you unpack the zip into the mods folder or did you just drag and drop the downloaded file? That's really the only cause of that error I can find. Also, try downgrading your Java to 6 or somesuch version. I've heard the latest version causes problems on Macs.

Here's a post I found: http://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/88110/make-minecraft-or-java-preferences-app-run-on-java-7

I just dragged the .zip file into the mods folder. I'll try unpacking it in the mods folder instead, then downgrading my java if that doesn't work and come back to let you know. Thanks.