Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Guest tomato3017

[Offline] Tomatonet TFC 77.21 [Subreddit][No Whitelist] [MyTown] [Archimedes Ship Mod][SmartMoving] [ExtraFirma][24/7]

145 posts in this topic

This Server has been closed! As promised, here is the link to the Server Files. I will leave this thread open in case anyone wants to announce they wish to takeover the server.

Server Files(Link will expire on 7/24/2014)

New Subreddit:  http://www.reddit.com/r/Tomatonet
Please move all server related communications to that subreddit.

Hello! I have created a new Terrafirmacraft server for people to enjoy. This server is a 24/7 server that is automatically backed up on a daily basis. My plan is for the server to be mainly automatic and to be able to play for a long time with a sense of continuity.

Why choose this server?

• [*]24/7 server on a physical box. 2xQuad Core Xeon CPU's with 16GB of ram dedicated to just Terrafirmacraft. [*]Experienced server admin with years in real life System Administrator's positions. [*]Guaranteed Continuity. The server will be up for as long as possible with no resets. As this mod is subject to change it can happen that a reset is required from time to time. In this case I will provide the entire server world and configs needed to run it before I reset the server(on a public S3 share for at least 6 months). This will mean something you build today will not disappear suddenly tomorrow. [*]Backup's are done hourly to itself(RAID 1 array) and daily to Amazon's S3 service(Same service Netflix uses). Therefore the chance of complete world loss is very low.

Mods required for this server.

• [*]Terrafirmacraft 77.21 
Link [*]Archimedes Ship Mod 1.4.4 for 1.6.2 Link [*]Custom NPC's(Used to trade for ship blocks and the economy) Link [*]Extrafirma v1.0.3 Link [*]Tradebooths v0.6.2.1 Link

Mods that are optional but are supported server side.

• [*]Smart Moving

Server Address

• [*]tfc.tomatonet.net [*]or kzo.tomatonet.net:60001(only use this if the above address doesn't work)

IRC

• [*]irc.foonetic.net:6667 [*]Channel: #tomatonet

Rules

• [*]Listen to the mods and admins [*]No griefing. Even if it isn't in a mytown protected area. [*]
NO AUTOSLUICES [*]Stealing is allowed within the boundaries of the PVP rules below. MyTown is there for a reason, use it. [*]Circumventing the rules will result in a permaban. [*]Ruining the land with powder kegs will result in a ban.

PVP Rules

• [*]You may attack people outside of MyTown protected areas
ONLY. If you are trying to steal from someone, they have a right to protect themselves even in mytown areas. [*]NO SPAWN CAMPING. You kill them, leave them alone afterwards. [*]You may not destroy blocks of someone else! Doing so will be a possible ban.

The Economy

The new economy is meant to encourage working together and to make people collectively come together to build a town. The economy is designed to be hard at first but work well once it has been built up. This is a WIP and I would appreciate your feedback in this thread. We are testing the chocobo mod with TFC in a test server to see if it is viable with this economy.

Conversions(Use the Exchanger NPC to change coinage)

• [*]64 bronze coins = 1 iron coin [*]64 iron coins = 1 gold coin [*]64 gold coins = 1 diamond coin

Getting money

• [*]Getting money is easy, bread(2bc each) and ingots(low tier only) make the backbone of this economy. The point of the server shop is to just get the economy started. You WILL NOT be able to buy goods from the server store that are normally found in tfc. This is designed to encourage player to trade with others via each other, labor or tradebooths.

Bank

• [*]You can buy a spot in the server bank for some gold coin. This is to allow people who are not in towns to protect valuable goods.

Bazaar(Not done yet)

• [*]A server bazaar will be setup soon that will allow the player to sell their goods in the server spawn from a tradebooth they own. There is a limit of 1 tradebooth per person in the spawn. Have as many as you like in your town or place of building.

Getting a town

• [*]Town prices are meant to be a very expensive endeavor that requires many people to work together to achieve. As of this writing the price is 2 diamond coins. This is meant to be a limiting factor on the economy to A: Keep town spam down, B: Buy towns and land will be what eventually sets the prices people trade at and C: Keep people working together. 
Talk to the Duke in server spawn to see about getting a town. He is also who you need to talk to in order to get emerald coins which are required to claim chunks.

Buying redstone items

• [*]See Server Spawn!

Server Emergencies

I can be called by the irc bot from within game by saying tomato tomato tomato. This should only be used in EMERGENCIES ONLY. The bot emails me when you do that, so only do it in emergencies.

What is a Qualified Emergency?

• [*]Inventory wipe from server crash [*]Server world corruption [*]Prolonged server downtime(2 hours+, in case of a long backup running)

Lag is NOT an emergency. It's on a small business connection, from time to time it will lag or act up and there is nothing I can do about it. The only lag I can fix is mem leaks(which is what the 2 hour reboots is)

Tomatomod Server mod

Tomatomod is a server side mod of TFC that I have created to change or add server side features to my server. As of right now that only changes the snow melting code and what it falls on. Soon this will also be for things like: Cheaper Powder Keg recipe, super deep snow in the arctic, etc. This DOES NOT require a special version of tfc. I have included it here for the time being as this is just a server side mod(more of just a changing of the TFC source) for the server.(Mods if you want me to move it, let me know)

Tomatomod server source:https://github.com/tomato3017/TFCraft

Changelog

1.3.0 Changed the way snow melts so it melts above 2c instead of 0c. This will help stop the constant lag from snow melting and freezing during spring and summer.

1.2.0 Added ability to disable sluices from spawning gems. This is good if you have a gem based economy.[EXPERIMENTAL BRANCH ONLY] Backported the sequoia bug fix that is in the git code branch, but was never merged when they compiled 77.21.

1.1.0 Made powder keg only need 128 gunpowder so they are actually useful for blast mining.

1.0.0Added the ability for tfc to quickly melt all snow and ice if the temp is above 5c. This is to prevent ships from hitting ice in the middle of the summer.Made snow not fall on non full block items. This will prevent snow on stairs. chiseled blocks, slabs, signs, etc.

Edited by tomato3017
Removed link to Technic Pack.

Server has been updated to 77.12.

Screenshots! Including some baby pictures :)

Immediately after joining the server, I headed to Thalassa's Watch. It was the middle of the night, and my first glimpse of (pre)civilization was oh so sweet.

Posted Image

Tomato and Acidreflux had a small fortified area where I stayed the night.

Posted Image

When morning came, we got right to work. Soon I had a mine established, where I would eventually find our first iron ore.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It wasn't long before Thalassa's Watch became a much nicer place than it was my first night!

Posted Image

Posted Image

And this is just the beginning. Come start your own town and help make this world more diverse and interesting! 

Server will be updated to the latest version of Archimedes as of this posting within the hour. Please redownload the mod if you do not have it yet.

Are you using Archimedes 1.6.2-1.4.3 or 1.4.2? 1.4.3 is the latest, but the server is running 1.4.2. If you are using the older version, do you have a link for it?

I'm getting the same problem as dgbowers above me. Is there a link I can find for 1.4.2, which is the version FML says I need to have.

Sorry everybody! Apparently Archimedes decided to update his mod like 5 minutes after Tomato went off for the night, so I've taken the liberty of uploading the current version of Archimedes Shipmod that I'm using.

You can grab it here.

EDIT: Archimedes Ship mod has been updated, please download the latest version.

Hopefully that works for you guys.

Sorry everybody! Apparently Archimedes decided to update his mod like 5 minutes after Tomato went off for the night, so I've taken the liberty of uploading the current version of Archimedes Shipmod that I'm using.

You can grab it here.

Hopefully that works for you guys.

You, sir, are my hero.

Nice server, hope to find some time to join and play soon. :)

Unrelated but important point for you and anyone else that wants to administer servers (not just TFC/Minecraft):

• Backup's are done hourly to itself(RAID 1 array) and daily to Amazon's S3 service(Same service Netflix uses). Therefore the chance of complete world loss is very low.

Having an hourly backup to S3 is great, and fits the definition of "backup". However, RAID is not a backup. RAID is designed to promote uptime and/or storage capacity, not to provide data safety. If you're running a server and want to guard against data loss, make sure you do what tomato is doing and make backups of your data to an off-server resource (cloud, tape, NAS, external HDD, etc).

I'm not trying to be a pedant, I just hear too many horror stories of people thinking they're covered because they're running a mirror and end up losing everything.

I do backups to the RAID 1 as well. This is mainly a convenience as it reduces the bandwidth consumption involved with offsite backups.

Basically my backup system goes as follows.

1: Hourly backups to another folder using rdiff and some custom python scripts.

2. Daily backups to another folder as above.

3. Daily s3 incremental backup that takes longer but stores it for a much longer time(approximately 3 months)

4. Weekly full backup to another folder on the RAID 1.

5. Monthly full s3 backup. I keep 3 months of backup chains.

Above you can see the backup's to the RAID 1 are more for just multiple sources of the same information. Those are mainly used in case of corruption issues(ie server crash that  causes chunk errors).

In the unlikely event of a dual hdd crash, I would resort to my s3 backups. This makes a possible data loss of up to 24 hours depending on when the HDD failure occurs in relation to the last backup. There is a chance of the backup chain being corrupt. I am considering going to weekly full s3 backups to help mitigate this as much as possible.

Also I will be updating the server(again, sorry) to archimedes 1.4.3 within the next few hours. At the same time I will be updating my server side modded tfc jar to fix the vanilla snow bugs like falling on signs. It also has a quick unfreeze that will automatically get rid of all ice and snow in a chunk if its above 5c. This will prevent unforeseen boating accidents :)

Here is some of the pictures of the new spawn. Added some merchants for boat goods and certain vanilla items(mainly redstone stuff).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and here is the guard you can hire.

Posted Image

hey im new to this game and today thatrandomguy00 brought up the idea of extrafirma i saw the word crossbow and the other stuff (manly crossbow) and i was like yes (i want my crossbow) i give my vote to adding it

TFC updated to 77.14, smartmoving installed, and IRC chat enabled.

NOTE: This requires forge 871!!!

Due to HP bug I have rolled back 45 min to TFC 77.13. Due to this issue, I will in the future be having a 1 week waiting period before updating. Smartmoving and IRC were retained on the server.

Sorry about the sudden reboots folks. Had some issues this morning that required some fixing.

I can't join the server. I could earlier, but not anymore. I get this: 

post-1435-0-68989800-1379781046_thumb.pn