Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Guest tomato3017

[Offline] Tomatonet TFC 77.21 [Subreddit][No Whitelist] [MyTown] [Archimedes Ship Mod][SmartMoving] [ExtraFirma][24/7]

145 posts in this topic

So, is there any mod like Lockette that would work on here? I know you guys want to expand existing towns rather than start a ton of new ones. I'm reluctant to take on lots of new folks and have a sprawling, half-built town though. As a compromise, I had the idea of setting up a boarding house of sorts. It would occupy one chunk and provide basic housing for new folks. I'd lock the rest of town down to just specific members that have been on consistent enough to earn full town rights. New folks could work up to "full town" status at some point (perhaps by earning enough to claim a chunk) without me having to assign a single chunk to every new player. But, I'd need a way for them to secure goods. I considered that I could serve as a vault of sorts, making chests for folks to give me stuff for storage, but that's cumbersome and has problems when I'm not online. I really liked Lockette on some Bukkit servers I played in the past, so something similar would be a really good solution here. If we can get something like this worked out, I could begin work on the Melinia Youth Hostel and help take on new folks.

There is a bank NPC in the spawn that has that exact purpose. We could possibly work something out where bigger towns could buy an banker npc from me for a price(To make it fair). Let me know what you think.

Yep, that would work as a solution as well. Not quite as versatile as folks being able to lock their chests/doors individually like Lockette, but still enough for them to secure the things they really need to until they get a claimed chunk/assigned plot.

Oh, and Random, sorry for the disappearing act last night on trying to get the trade booth--my wife yelled up from the basement that water was coming through the ceiling, which is generally not a good thing. So, I spent the rest of the night cleaning up water and trying to identify the source of the leak.

Great idea, I'd like a banker NPC.

Guys just to make something clear. The tomato caller script I have installed on the bot is for EMERGENCIES only. It emails me everytime someone makes a call to it. I intended that tool to be for something that my normal server scripts won't auto detect. And since I will go through spurts without being in game, sometimes I won't notice big issues. Hence the admin caller.

What is a Qualified Emergency?

• Inventory wipe from server crash
  • Server world corruption
  • Prolonged server downtime(2 hours+, in case of a long backup running)

Lag is NOT an emergency. It's on a small business connection, from time to time it will lag or act up and there is nothing I can do about it. The only lag I can fix is mem leaks(which is what the 2 hour reboots is)

The reason I bring this up, I had to ban someone today because said person was constantly calling me for anything from the fact he couldn't plant crops to someone stole his stuff in a non-protected area(mod may help if he feels like it, but we are allowing moderate amounts of stealing activity at this time in non-protected areas. This is why I enabled the banker NPC)

*snip*

What is a Qualified Emergency?

• Inventory wipe from server crash
  • Server world corruption
  • Prolonged server downtime(2 hours+, in case of a long backup running)

Lag is NOT an emergency. It's on a small business connection, from time to time it will lag or act up and there is nothing I can do about it. The only lag I can fix is mem leaks(which is what the 2 hour reboots is)

*snip*

You should put this in the main post, so more people see it.

Guys, Im getting the impression that people think the economy is too hard. Like I said in previous posts, post your feedback here. Everyone can see it and we can work something out. 

Complaining and not giving feedback won't solve anything. Heck, I even have an announcement that has been going in the server stating this.

To be honest, I don't think it is really that "hard" per se. I agree it is challenging, but I like that. As a person who was pretty well established before the economy change, I might have a biased opinion. Towns are very expensive to make/start. Then again, shouldn't they? Bottom line is, I think it's fine as it is.

I think you should put more stuff to sell, like lead/platinum

Yah, I hadn't thought of that. I second adding possible "uses" for these things.

My only issue is I do not know the rarity of those items. If we put those on the market and its alot more abundant then we thought, it could ruin the economy.

There is no economy IMO. When was the last time anyone bought something from a player stall? All everyone is doing is selling bread to the NPC and saving it to buy land and or ship parts/ redstone stuff from NPCs. At least previously we had a use for lead. 

I'm just going to say, I get frequent ( once a day at least) buyers to my stall. But I do see the problem.

So you think that around 48 bronze coins (two sales judging by your pruducts/ prices) is a good thing considering that a single stack of bread, which is a renewable resource, can net you  2 iron coins? The only reason some people are getting sales is because they (including myself) are under valuing their stuff. Again IMO. 

I'm not saying that. All I'm saying is that I DO get visitors. Although The bread thing is very abusable.

Please people dont leave us! Server is emptying! :(

Players leave because they can not defend their settlement, the ships and town look like an unattainable goals. The problem in the economy that experienced players do not need a simple products from newcomers, while other newcomers will not spend a hard earned pennies. We all saving money for the city or the ship, no one wants to spend money for bread, copper or something not very complex.

Сlear that you need to make the game longer by complication, but the main benefits for newcomers look unattainable in the near future. It's frustrating, depriving optimism and faith.

Please people dont leave us! Server is emptying! :(

I'm not leaving, just gonna be busy with school work this week.

Players leave because they can not defend their settlement, the ships and town look like an unattainable goals. The problem in the economy that experienced players do not need a simple products from newcomers, while other newcomers will not spend a hard earned pennies. We all saving money for the city or the ship, no one wants to spend money for bread, copper or something not very complex. Сlear that you need to make the game longer by complication, but the main benefits for newcomers look unattainable in the near future. It's frustrating, depriving optimism and faith.

I think you are right, I think prices should decrease, mainly the difference between the coin values. Instead of the 64 coins between each type of coin, why not like 10 coins between bronze / iron coins? If new players are leaving due to this, I suggest to inmplement what I just said.

I think you are right, I think prices should decrease, mainly the difference between the coin values. Instead of the 64 coins between each type of coin, why not like 10 coins between bronze / iron coins? If new players are leaving due to this, I suggest to inmplement what I just said.

The thing is, I have no idea why people leave. 99% of people don't even say something so its hard to even gauge the community.

I'll be halving the price of a town sometime today. Adding all the ingots to the sellers(think of it as a price floor) and also adding some other things to the merchant. I will also be dropping the mechanic amounts somewhat. Let me know what you think.

I raised a red flag while it was still salvageable but Random brushed it to the side twice. Now I think it's too late, the damage to the server has been done. It's really sad because I liked the server and put a lot of work in to my town but playing by myself isn't fun anymore. 

I raised a red flag while it was still salvageable but Random brushed it to the side twice. Now I think it's too late, the damage to the server has been done. It's really sad because I liked the server and put a lot of work in to my town but playing by myself isn't fun anymore. 

The server isnt going anywhere. It's not like the economy was the end all and be all of the server. I heard your warnings, mind you I have RL obligations on top of the server. So it takes some time to implement changes. Also note that 1 person does not equal the whole server. I have people that complain about everything, there is always complainers and it can be hard to sort out the BS from what is actually important.

Funny thing is, people were asking for an economy from day 1 and I resisted.  Now people are upset about the economy.... I just don't understand anymore. I try to resist change in order to give the planned a chance. If people are that picky that they can't handle a change, maybe they need to think about the mod they are playing.

Anywho, change will come sometime today. Really busy but I should have it changed by days end.

Morph, have you considered inviting people to your town, locking down your valuables, and then not participating in the small parts of the economy at all? Emerald Coins are extremely cheap now and you already have a town. I've really only heard people complain about the shipmarker because everyone else is joining towns and leaving when they get enough money, which by the way the cost is now halved.

And still I see absolutely no one using powderkegs.

I've received complaints about prices of course, but really only two people are claiming the economy is the downfall of the server when it's TFC's lack of variety that's making people lose interest, not the fact that coins are in the server and they're hard as hell to get.

The prices have been adjusted accordingly, but again, people who have become bored of TFC will not magically flock back because of the econ change, most of the newcomers who have come, however, have stayed or left day-1 because they would have anyway.

Getting $ was never hard, it was just a matter of selling bread to the npc. That's not the point the, the point IMO is that that's not an economy or at least how I envisioned it. To me the economy was supposed to make trading between towns easier and more structured. But since people need the $ to expand land they aren't using it for anything else.

My stall was there just to test this. I have handstones in it that I made by wasting a powder keg because no one buys them, and they are at just 25% of the profit of a single stack of bread and you can make more than 2 stacks of bread so it's cheap IMO.

The economy doesn't affect my town much really. We have all we need and in terms of ship parts we have almost 2 stacks of balloons, 8 markers, 4 seats and some floating blocks and some of the blue ones. But what's the point of playing in a server by your self or with people that instead of wanting to progress together and working on a common objective, all they want is to exploit other people for their stuff in order to get an (useless IMO) airship.?

Again, you are the only person who has had this problem with asshole villagers, not a single other person has brought up hoarding and exploiting. Everyone else claims getting money is hard and thus it has been made easier and everything cheaper.

You are the only person who cannot seem to get a handle on your people.

Edit: Also to be fair, how many people do you expect to buy your handstone? Most new people who join immediately join a town, as expected, which I'm sure have handstones by now. I'm sure you've made at least ONE sale which is to be expected. Now if you were selling bread which is food which everyone needs, you'll certainly have more luck then something that hardly breaks and not too many people would go to /spawn for.