Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Guest tomato3017

[Offline] Tomatonet TFC 77.21 [Subreddit][No Whitelist] [MyTown] [Archimedes Ship Mod][SmartMoving] [ExtraFirma][24/7]

145 posts in this topic

I had an idea to help with the Economy... if it's even possible. I don't know to much about NPC's abilities.

But perhaps once a village has built a decent "Plaza" or "Bazaar", it would make them eligible for a visit from an actual caravan of NPCs. My idea is that someone maps their path to idle in the new market in the individual towns to sell Wares similar or the same as what is sold in spawn. Maybe less so spawn still keeps its economy up. 

but the NPC caravan only stays for a few months and moves on to the next village. However, this next village could be much closer to travel to and from then spawn, so any nearby villages may come to the closest village with a caravan to sell any last minute crops or goods... and should any locals of that village have a trade booth set up, visitors might be more likely to see something they want. This could lead to more Inter-village trade routes and alliences while also upping selling and buying.

also, while I'm here... Tomato, do you think you could update the technic launcher to include smart moving? :)

Random/Tomato I'm having issues, when I type something in the chat of the server, I get disconnected and it says Internal Server Error. Can you help me?

Ty Random, for now Ill have to communicate with signs :(

By the way another found issue, when I rightclick an animal to breed it, it acts like if I leftclicked it to attack it instead of breeding it

Ty Random, for now Ill have to communicate with signs :(

By the way another found issue, when I rightclick an animal to breed it, it acts like if I leftclicked it to attack it instead of breeding it

The teleport mechanic has been redone. Now instead of gold to teleport, you need to get orbs. Orbs can be gotten by putting 1 exquisite gem that isn't sellable(look at the gem merchant to tell) in the crafting square to get an orb. You can upgrade gems from the lower tiers by combining 4 in a small square to get the next tier up.

I had an idea to help with the Economy... if it's even possible. I don't know to much about NPC's abilities.

But perhaps once a village has built a decent "Plaza" or "Bazaar", it would make them eligible for a visit from an actual caravan of NPCs. My idea is that someone maps their path to idle in the new market in the individual towns to sell Wares similar or the same as what is sold in spawn. Maybe less so spawn still keeps its economy up. 

but the NPC caravan only stays for a few months and moves on to the next village. However, this next village could be much closer to travel to and from then spawn, so any nearby villages may come to the closest village with a caravan to sell any last minute crops or goods... and should any locals of that village have a trade booth set up, visitors might be more likely to see something they want. This could lead to more Inter-village trade routes and alliences while also upping selling and buying.  also, while I'm here... Tomato, do you think you could update the technic launcher to include smart moving? :)

I personally don't like smart moving and didn't have it on my copy that I used to make that. I'll push an update out sometime today with that. Your idea for the bazaar is awesome, but I have no way to implement something like that. I'll look into options but I'm not sure its possible without modding custom npcs.

Random/Tomato I'm having issues, when I type something in the chat of the server, I get disconnected and it says Internal Server Error. Can you help me?

Paolo, I checked the server logs and it looks like your client is sending a malformed packet. Since its only you that probably means its client side. Reinstall everything from scratch or use the technic link. That would be the first step. If that doesn't work then dump everything on you in a chest the next time you are on. I'll have to purge your character file to see if that fixes it. Let me know here if you are still having issues after a server restart.

The teleport mechanic has been redone. Now instead of gold to teleport, you need to get orbs. Orbs can be gotten by putting 1 exquisite gem that isn't sellable(look at the gem merchant to tell) in the crafting square to get an orb. You can upgrade gems from the lower tiers by combining 4 in a small square to get the next tier up.

I can't do the gem combining thing. I've done it with chipped flawed and regular in a crafting table and my inventory.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The orb thing works for me though.

You should put in the OP that you offer pistons etc.  For me that is one of the major draws of this server, redstone was one of the few things I really missed in TFC.

I cant connect to the server! :( it says a lot of numbers my mind cant make sense of them!!!! :(

[solved]

Due to multiple ongoing conversations in the thread and forum server downtime. Please move all communications to: http://www.reddit.com/r/Tomatonet

This thread will continue to be updated when the server updates as well as the subreddit. All other communication will be on the subreddit.

Hey all, I've been side-tracked from my TFC excursions and will probably remain so for a while. Is there anyway to shift the mayor role for Melinia to TangentialThreat or another active town member?

The command for that is /t mayor (playername) but the person has to be on for it to work, otherwise you'll get the null-pointer error thing to pop up

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to know if this server is still active? Would love to find another good TFC server. The one i was on just shut down. 

Hi Everyone. Just wanted to know if this server is still active? Would love to find another good TFC server. The one i was on just shut down. 

Yeah, it's active.

I know I'm supposed to post on reddit, but if we let the thread go to the bottom of the list, we won't get new players, so I'll post here. I hope you get this.

As you know, I'd wanted to go to the nether, but it was disabled. I assume that it's too much to ask to mod it into stability (though PLEASE feel free to do so it you want). However, I'd still like access to the decorative blocks from the nether.

Do you think you could add an NPC vendor for the various nether blocks? Purely for aesthetic reasons...

Yes, glowstone would be awesome, although you could just buy redstone lamps. :P Not really a  fan of netherbrick or soulsand, but I can see where the desire for those blocks would be, so I support that.

there's also the various nether quartz blocks as well as netherack for fireplaces and smoke generation.  Or a really ugly reddish block if that's what you want.  Also nether brick fences don't connect to regular fences, allowing adjacent unconnected posts.

Oh yes, nether quartz. I completely forgot about that. And I want a fireplace too. There should be some kind of TFC thing when you can do that. Throw logs in and put a pot above it to cook. :P

tomato3017 you mentioned a "tekkit link" but I cant find it anywhere in your posts. maybe im just blind today but for me that would be the easiest way to join your server as I use the tekkit launcher for my friends server.

Thanks

*UPDATE: Scratch that I found it. sorry about that

Its on the reddit website: http://www.reddit.com/r/Tomatonet

halfway down on the right hand side of the page for anyone that needs it

Technic Pack link: http://www.technicpack.net/api/modpack/tomatonet-tfc

Okay, well I don't know if this is a regular occurrence on this server or not, but judging from posts I have read here it doesn't seem to be. I signed on to this server for the first time yesterday and of course in TFC fashion started looking for rocks. There were none around spawn so off I went. There were a few people online I think maybe 4 or so... I half expected at least someone to post up a hi or hello or something, but they didn't and that was fine some people just dont pay attention to the chat that rolls up on their screen. So I didn't say a word just kinda headed off, and was immediately met with I believe the market area??? IDK what it was but it had a few buildings that didn't really offer much advice. I did go into one building and noticed an NPC to which I spoke, and found out there are 2 towns and a possible 3rd as he put it I think... So with that I decided well if there are towns I might introduce myself so I can get away from spawn and to a town where people are playing at, right? So I say hello, and am met back with 2 greetings from people online. Then I ask, "so I take it there is a town or two?" Silence for a good 5 min or so. I kinda thought ok well maybe they just aren't friendly. So I start wandering off into the mountains on my own looking for rocks. Still no rocks anywhere around, but finally someone spoke up and said "yep" and that was it. At this point i was in the mountains in the dark with no rocks and no way to make simple tools. So I start probing to find out where a town is so that I can get away from where I am.

The basics of that conversation went a little something like this... Me: Where are these towns located? People: We aren't accepting new members. Me: Um ok so im just on my own? People: Yep, pretty much! Me: ok well guess ill go play on my own in ssp. Logged out.

Now this was not the whole conversation word for word but the gist went just like that. Now I am not trying to be a whiny baby or anything of the sort, I promise! My main complaint is this, do people not join servers to play with other people? I don't know, I kind of thought that was the purpose for playing games online... with others... to play together... or hell at the very least pvp against each other, which is still playing together! So why would I stay on a server where I have no idea where anyone is, I can't find the proper items to make my basic tools, and the people basically told a brand new player to the server to piss off and play by himself?

try when there are more people on, I'm in a town called ivory. Ask BillyBilly, Inventer, or Dargon about it.

We are considering a new magic based minecraft server to go along with this one. Check out the subreddit thread for more information and to comment! NOTE: The tfc server isn't going anywhere, my server has more then enough power to handle both(it can actually handle up to 8-10). TFC can grow stale after awhile and i'm trying to mix it up somewhat. 

Also I will be updating the tfc server to 77.22 sometime this week.

We are considering a new magic based minecraft server to go along with this one. Check out the subreddit thread for more information and to comment! NOTE: The tfc server isn't going anywhere, my server has more then enough power to handle both(it can actually handle up to 8-10). TFC can grow stale after awhile and i'm trying to mix it up somewhat. 

Also I will be updating the tfc server to 77.22 sometime this week.

Excelent, sad thing TFC servers die after some time just to live again for some weeks when a new version is released.

Okay, well I don't know if this is a regular occurrence on this server or not, but judging from posts I have read here it doesn't seem to be. I signed on to this server for the first time yesterday and of course in TFC fashion started looking for rocks. There were none around spawn so off I went. There were a few people online I think maybe 4 or so... I half expected at least someone to post up a hi or hello or something, but they didn't and that was fine some people just dont pay attention to the chat that rolls up on their screen. So I didn't say a word just kinda headed off, and was immediately met with I believe the market area??? IDK what it was but it had a few buildings that didn't really offer much advice. I did go into one building and noticed an NPC to which I spoke, and found out there are 2 towns and a possible 3rd as he put it I think... So with that I decided well if there are towns I might introduce myself so I can get away from spawn and to a town where people are playing at, right? So I say hello, and am met back with 2 greetings from people online. Then I ask, "so I take it there is a town or two?" Silence for a good 5 min or so. I kinda thought ok well maybe they just aren't friendly. So I start wandering off into the mountains on my own looking for rocks. Still no rocks anywhere around, but finally someone spoke up and said "yep" and that was it. At this point i was in the mountains in the dark with no rocks and no way to make simple tools. So I start probing to find out where a town is so that I can get away from where I am.The basics of that conversation went a little something like this... Me: Where are these towns located? People: We aren't accepting new members. Me: Um ok so im just on my own? People: Yep, pretty much! Me: ok well guess ill go play on my own in ssp. Logged out.Now this was not the whole conversation word for word but the gist went just like that. Now I am not trying to be a whiny baby or anything of the sort, I promise! My main complaint is this, do people not join servers to play with other people? I don't know, I kind of thought that was the purpose for playing games online... with others... to play together... or hell at the very least pvp against each other, which is still playing together! So why would I stay on a server where I have no idea where anyone is, I can't find the proper items to make my basic tools, and the people basically told a brand new player to the server to piss off and play by himself?

Sadly TerraFirmaCraft is a hard mod for people to just up and let you into there town. A lot of people don't want a new player to the server to be let right into the town because of how long it takes to accomplish what are quick easy tasks in vanilla. It take a long time to build up a nice functioning town. They don't want it to get griefed by someone that just joined the server(Not saying your a griefer). I suggest playing for a little while on the server and get to know some of the people and prove that you can be trusted. Or you can get on at various times to see if there's other new players and possible start your own establishment. All in all there not trying to be mean, there just focused on what there doing and protective of their accomplishments.Another thing is that only certain people in the towns can make you a citizen. Hope this helps.