Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Guest tomato3017

[Offline] Tomatonet TFC 77.21 [Subreddit][No Whitelist] [MyTown] [Archimedes Ship Mod][SmartMoving] [ExtraFirma][24/7]

145 posts in this topic

Server will be updating to 77.19 early next week. I am heading out of town this weekend and don't want to push an update right before I leave in case of issues.

So, for some reason it's not liking my smart moving, which works fine in SSP.  Is there a specific version of Smart Moving and/or PlayerAPI I should be using?

Hi all,

I'm not even sure custom NPCs can do this, but one thing I'd like to see is private NPCs that players can station in trading posts and give their extra stuff for trade. I think it would provide a greater incentive to travel around and interact with more than just your townies.

Like I said, idk if it's even possible, but what do ya'll think?

So for tomato or an admin, something odd happened with my ship and I'm now in a flying loop. There was a bit of lag, and it popped me sideways a little bit into my house. Now when I log on it has me flying over my house sans ship. Of course, flying is not allowed on the server so it immediately kicks me out...I think the ship hit the side of my place in the process and so is probably in the merged entity annoyance phase. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

So for tomato or an admin, something odd happened with my ship and I'm now in a flying loop. There was a bit of lag, and it popped me sideways a little bit into my house. Now when I log on it has me flying over my house sans ship. Of course, flying is not allowed on the server so it immediately kicks me out...I think the ship hit the side of my place in the process and so is probably in the merged entity annoyance phase. Anyway, any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Jump off the edge and aim for the water. It'll take a few tries.

I'm not on the ship--I'm hovering over my house actually flying as a character. I think that triggers the "no flying" rule for folks trying to hack the game and so it kicks me out within seconds of logging on.

Ironically, I was moving the ship away from structures so it wouldn't cause any problems...

I'm not on the ship--I'm hovering over my house actually flying as a character. I think that triggers the "no flying" rule for folks trying to hack the game and so it kicks me out within seconds of logging on.

Ironically, I was moving the ship away from structures so it wouldn't cause any problems...

You're standing on top of the hitbox of your house, which is now an airship.If you can get off it you'll get to stage 2, which is making your house not an airship, which consists of you or a player in creative getting into it and using the overwrite command. This is safer than it sounds.

Il join... Hope the map is fresh

Nice server

I have an idea, and since we have CustomNPCs, this will work nicely.  If we put in the work (and I'd certainly be willing to since my job is pretty damn easy) We could roll these NPCs out in any town with the cloner tool, and so long as it was the standard used, and all the coin values are universal, this could work.  In my town anyway, I plan to have access to each of these services available somewhere.  I'm sure I missed something in the chart below, but this would be a good start methinks...

Exchange rates for any given NPC:

---Jeweler
Chipped > 1 sp stone piece
Flawed > 1 bp bronze piece
Normal > 1 ip iron piece
Flawless > 1 gp gold piece
Exquisite > 1 dp diamond piece
n/a > 1 ep emerald piece

10 sp = 1 bp
10 bp = 1 ip
10 ip = 1 gp
10 gp = 1 dp
10 dp = 1 ep

---Innkeep
1 gp > Bed
2 bp > Candle
2 gp > Chest
3 ip > Bucket
2 gp > Coal x 10
1 gp > Fishing pole
5 gp > Flint and Steel
5 bp > Firestarter
1 sp > Torch
5*metal gp > Lantern
1 dp > Ender Pearl

---Inn Barmaid
3 ip > Cooked Meats
5 sp > Breads
1 ip > Cheese
5 sp > Alchohol
1 ip > Water jug (clay)
1 gp > Water flask (glass)

---Scribe
5 gp > Book and quill
2 ip > Paper
5 bp > Ink
1 gp > Blueprint

---Toolsmith
3*metal gp > Tools (no chisels)

---Architect
5 bp > Bricks (individual)
5 bp > Mortar
material*3 gp > Chisel
5 bp > Thatch

---Metalsmith
5 gp > Bismuth ingot
5 gp > Tin ingot
5 gp > Zinc ingot
15 gp > Copper ingot
3 dp > Lead ingot
3 dp > Gold ingot
3 dp > Silver ingot
5 dp > Platinum ingot
6 dp > Nickel ingot

---Alloysmith
3 dp > Bronze ingot
3 dp > Bismuth Bronze ingot
3 dp > Black Bronze ingot
3 dp > Brass ingot
3 dp > Rose Gold ingot
3 dp > Sterling Silver ingot
5 dp > Wrought Iron ingot
6 dp > Pig Iron ingot
6 dp > Steel ingot
8 dp > Black Steel ingot
9 dp > Blue Steel ingot
9 dp > Red Steel ingot

---Armorer
material*5 gp > Armor per piece

---Bowyer
5 gp > Bow
5 dp > Crossbow

---Fletcher
1 ip > Arrow
metal*3 gp > Bolt (4)

---Daggersmith
metal*3 gp > Dagger

---Javelinsmith
metal*3 gp > Javelin

---Macesmith
metal*5 gp > Mace

---Swordsmith
metal*5 gp > Sword

---Halberdsmith
metal*7 gp > Halberd

---Livestock vendor
2 dp > Bull (m)
1 dp > Cow (f)
5 gp > Calf (m/f)
5 dp > Dog, hunting (m/f)
3 gp > Pig (m/f)
1 gp > Piglet (m/f)
3 cp > Chicken (m/f)
4 gp > Ram (m)
2 gp > Sheep (f)
25 dp > Horse (if possible) (m/f)

---Horse vendor (if possible)
10 dp > Barding, iron
25 dp > Barding, gold
50 dp > Barding, diamond
1 dp > Saddle

---Apothecary
2 gp > Kingsblood
5 gp > Kingsblood paste
1 sp > Yellow flower
1 bp > Red flower
1 sp > Sugarcane
1 bp > Lily pad
1 bp > Cactus
1 gp > Minor healing bandage
1 ip > Bone
3 ip > Bonemeal

---Farmers market
5 bp > All vegetable seeds
1 gp > All fruit saplings
2 ip > Pumpkin seed
1 ip > All yellow veggies
2 ip > All orange veggies
3 ip > All red veggies
1 ip > All fruits
5 ip > Pumpkin

---Clothier
5 bp > Raw Hide
5 ip > Sheepskin
1 gp > Wool
5 gp > Wool cloth
1 ip > String
2 ip > Braided String
2 ip > Wool yarn
5 gp > Spindle
2 ip > Leather
5 ip > Leather strip
5 bp > Tallow
1 ip > Suet

---Dyer
1 ip > Plant dyes
1 gp > Mineral dyes

Nice idea, bur dor the wapons dont put one person per waepon (no javelinsmith, daggersmith) instead, a blacksmith sells all tools and weapons

Update held off once again. Seems the 77.21 build didn't have the sequoia bug fix merged into it's code branch. Testing this on my test server resulted in crashing 100% of the time with sequoias. If this had been the production server, it would of caused my fail safe scripts to kick in to get the server back up. This would mean that everytime a sequoia was cut, the server would be down for around 6 mins(time to take fail safe scripts to go through all the steps).

77.17 has been pretty stable for the most part. If 77.22 doesn't come out within the next few days, i'll cherry pick that commit and merge it into a temporary branch for the server so I can get us up to date and still not crash.

Stay tuned.....

EDIT: Just would also like to mention that this is the reason I hold off a week now. Even though I wish the dev's would update less often, gives time for bugs to be ironed out and tested.

The reason I opted for one person per weapon type is because each NPC Merchant can only sell a maximum of twelve different items.  Otherwise I would've gladly merged them.

The reason I opted for one person per weapon type is because each NPC Merchant can only sell a maximum of twelve different items. Otherwise I would've gladly merged them.

Oh well then

I have an idea, and since we have CustomNPCs, this will work nicely.  If we put in the work (and I'd certainly be willing to since my job is pretty damn easy) We could roll these NPCs out in any town with the cloner tool, and so long as it was the standard used, and all the coin values are universal, this could work.  In my town anyway, I plan to have access to each of these services available somewhere.  I'm sure I missed something in the chart below, but this would be a good start methinks...

*snip 
lot's of great ideas
*snip

+1

+1

Were going to be implementing an economy very soon. It won't be to the point where you can buy everything from a store however.

I'd like it if you could only buy things that people actually made, if that's possible.  (aside from the vanilla items of course)  Can NPCs sell goods for players?

Admin assist requested when available--my air moped (one floater block, and a ship marker) drifted back into the NW corner of desert spawn whilst I was enderman hunting. I didn't notice before I landed, so now it's stuck there with no access...

Thanks!

2 day notice till economy change. I'll post details in my next post sometime today with more details of the changes.

Mods being updated at that time: TFC. Added: Tradebooths

See ThatRandomGuy00's post below for the details on the econ.

EDIT: Now that the Econ has been added proper, I have removed the contents of this post so that it doesn't stretch the page.

The new economy has been implemented.

Please leave feedback below on the economy. It's meant to be hard at first but get better as it goes on.

Tradebooth Bazaar will be coming soon. This has been a long long day, so please give us patience.

Mods updated: TFC to 77.21,

Mods added: Tradebooths

So, is there any mod like Lockette that would work on here? I know you guys want to expand existing towns rather than start a ton of new ones. I'm reluctant to take on lots of new folks and have a sprawling, half-built town though. As a compromise, I had the idea of setting up a boarding house of sorts. It would occupy one chunk and provide basic housing for new folks. I'd lock the rest of town down to just specific members that have been on consistent enough to earn full town rights. New folks could work up to "full town" status at some point (perhaps by earning enough to claim a chunk) without me having to assign a single chunk to every new player. But, I'd need a way for them to secure goods. I considered that I could serve as a vault of sorts, making chests for folks to give me stuff for storage, but that's cumbersome and has problems when I'm not online. I really liked Lockette on some Bukkit servers I played in the past, so something similar would be a really good solution here. If we can get something like this worked out, I could begin work on the Melinia Youth Hostel and help take on new folks.