Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Apples

How not to play Terrafirmacraft

19 posts in this topic

I've been playing with a tiny group recently, and have run into a couple of occasions that really made me reevaluate how I play the game.

The first: We captured a zombie who could equip items, and used vanilla nametags to name him Terrence. We locked Terrence in one of the bedrooms for a short while, until I decided to see what happened if I gave him a bronze mace. He manage to kill one of my friends, who was carrying our only iron sword. With his new shiny weapon, he killed me too, and took my full set of bronze armor. Now that the household was thoroughly unarmed, and even the sun couldn't kill Terrence, we lured him into our stone quarry, and caved it in on top of him, trapping him inside. I'm sure by now that we can probably kill him, but we prefer to let him live out his unlife in his tomb.

The second: Not learning our lesson, we captured another zombie and named him Loopy. He is equipped with a copper helmet and a copper javelin, and locked in our wooden prison cell in the cellar. The real facepalm moment here, is when I assumed that powder kegs are as strong as TNT, and set one near a second floor wall to blow a hole for a new window. It should have been a massive red-flag that it was so time consuming to make 4 stacks of gunpowder, but I was excited. The remains of our rather large wooden house include one wall of the house, one wall of the toolshed outside, and the scarecrow we made out of straw and a pumpkin. Even the forge 30-40 blocks up on the cliff above received minor damage. To make matters worse, Loopy survived the blast, and started slaughtering us as we tried to pick up the remains of our chests. He is now trapped in a tomb similar to Terrences.

So, what sort of facepalm moments have you had in TFC lately?

A few questions.

1.) How did you give the zombie a nametag? I've never heard of this before.

2.) How did you keep a zombie from despawning when you logged out or left the area? I'm going to assume it involved the first thing somehow, or has to do with it wearing armor/items.

A few questions.

1.) How did you give the zombie a nametag? I've never heard of this before.

2.) How did you keep a zombie from despawning when you logged out or left the area? I'm going to assume it involved the first thing somehow, or has to do with it wearing armor/items.

The vanilla nametag item does both of those things for hostile mobs. Helmets also prevent the undead from burning during the day.

I think I heard in a video somewhere that mobs won't despawn once you give them items, but I may be mistaken.

Your experience made me laugh and almost wished I was there too [ almost  :D  ]

I think I heard in a video somewhere that mobs won't despawn once you give them items, but I may be mistaken.

Ooh, that would be cool .. give zombies raw meat and they stay your friends .. until they get hungry again ;)

.. hmm .. now i have to try and implement this...

Ooh, that would be cool .. give zombies raw meat and they stay your friends .. until they get hungry again ;)

.. hmm .. now i have to try and implement this...

Maybe turn them into your own foot soliders, and they would attack other hostiles?

I recently build a treehouse in a nice Kapok forest.  Climbed up the vines, built out a nice floor under the leaf cover, so the leaves acted as a roof for me.  Expanded that over the course of a few in game days until it was fairly decent.  Even looked pretty good considering it was made entirely with stone tools.

Anyway, a few days go by and I went to build a charcoal pit with my shiney new Copper Axe.  Chop-chop-chop on a small Kapok.... except it apparently wasnt a small Kapok.  I guess it was a root to the tree my house was built in?  Wasnt the house tree, but kind of near it.  Next thing I know my Axe drops from full to ~40% durability and the tree with my house in it goes *POOF*.  The house was still there, but no tree, no vines, argh!

So I gathered up some of the Kapok logs and started jump-planting them where my old tree was.  Made it to the top, spent the night... and realized I couldn't climb down.  No vines.  Only enough sticks to make a handful of ladders.  I started making a staircase arrangement out of the remaining Kapok logs, but got careless... slipped, fell to my Hardcore death.

Fun times

Axe cut trees that are one block away from what you cut, and one away from that one too, etc.

In a well planted tree farm, 10 to 20 trees can be cutted at once

Sounds like a guy on my server right now, he has an army of zombies in full red-steel gear. Thought nothing of it, if he wants a dungeon full of undead death machines what was i to care. About a week ago someone decided to rob him of his dragon egg. (server has mods that make nerfed dragons spawn in the wild) He got pissed and unleashed his horde of super zombies on the local town. lesson learned, never let a guy horde zombies in a dungeon and give them tools. 

I frown from your stupidity

--

Just yesterday, I was making blue steel, and put in high carbon black steel instead of black steel. There goes a shitton of nickel and silver.

I recently build a treehouse in a nice Kapok forest.  Climbed up the vines, built out a nice floor under the leaf cover, so the leaves acted as a roof for me.  Expanded that over the course of a few in game days until it was fairly decent.  Even looked pretty good considering it was made entirely with stone tools.

Anyway, a few days go by and I went to build a charcoal pit with my shiney new Copper Axe.  Chop-chop-chop on a small Kapok.... except it apparently wasnt a small Kapok.  I guess it was a root to the tree my house was built in?  Wasnt the house tree, but kind of near it.  Next thing I know my Axe drops from full to ~40% durability and the tree with my house in it goes *POOF*.  The house was still there, but no tree, no vines, argh!

So I gathered up some of the Kapok logs and started jump-planting them where my old tree was.  Made it to the top, spent the night... and realized I couldn't climb down.  No vines.  Only enough sticks to make a handful of ladders.  I started making a staircase arrangement out of the remaining Kapok logs, but got careless... slipped, fell to my Hardcore death.

Fun times

--

Ouch, next time label the tree or something.

I attempted to make a undead army in a single player world

They got into my bedroom.

First time replaying the mod in a long time, I thought "+75 damage means this stone knife should be okay to fend off zombies". So at night I would sort of set up a thatch-fenced in area to work in and get zombies into it to melee combat. About this time I remembered the last time I played TFC was before the "social zombies" addition. I had a horde on my tail and ran to my hut, throwing up a block so they couldn't get in the doorway.Except for two little ones which leapt in and throttled me to death. I respawned right outside. Rinse, repeat, memory crash. :)

So I rebooted it up and somehow, my spawn had changed entirely to a spot I had no idea where it was. I'd lost my copper nugget collection I was working on hoping to get more tools once I got to mining where I'd found copper on the surface. Bye bye pick with that respawn :)

Current game, the only thing I did wrong early was somehow misplace a Ceramic Vessel full of clay. As in, four stacks full of clay and somehow I lost it. I sort of hurried my way to chests then . . .

I only died twice in my world so far, and both times I fell from a Douglas Fur tree in an attempt to cut down its leaves. I guess it's a good thing that Sequoias don't give saplings from leaves...

Sounds like a guy on my server right now, he has an army of zombies in full red-steel gear. Thought nothing of it, if he wants a dungeon full of undead death machines what was i to care. About a week ago someone decided to rob him of his dragon egg. (server has mods that make nerfed dragons spawn in the wild) He got pissed and unleashed his horde of super zombies on the local town. 

lesson learned, never let a guy horde zombies in a dungeon and give them tools.

Oh this just made my day. XD