Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Arekis

boats breaking

4 posts in this topic

Recently started noticing this: I'm sailing along fine, exploring, tiny bits of lag here and there but nothing super problematic.  Suddenly, I pop over 5-15 blocks somewhere nearby and crash the boat into land.  There is no lag when my boat "teleports" to this mystery location.  Additionally, there'll be times when I try to get out of the boat, but wind up a few blocks away from it.  Now, again, not a problem, except that the boat is not where it's rendered.  I can somehow jump on it, but not break it or get into it.  If I save and reload, it's in the right place.

Anyone else experience this?  Someone mentioned that boats on servers cause lag, but I'm playing single player (which is not to say that they don't cause single player lag).  Aside from boats being made of the most fragile gossamer crystal, I don't remember this happening before 77.

Yup... the very same thing has happened to me many times. I've wrecked on lily pads as well.... but not always. My advice for what its worth.... take 2 extra boats wherever you go.... happy sailing :)

I also had boats breaking/disappearing with TFC 77.11 for no reason (like in the middle of the ocean). Near the coast i had the teleporting thing happen too when disembarking. I log out immediately and log back in to reset the boat or my position before accidents happen.

Experienced boat disappearing suddenly, rendered somewhere else than it is and breaking far from the shore. The best course of action is to try to leave the boat some distance from the shore. Though this bug would be good to be fixed...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0