Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
kotoroshinoto

[TFC 0.77.19] Compatibility add-on for carpenter's blocks[1.91] version 0.1.2β

31 posts in this topic

I really like carpenter's blocks: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1790919-1516forge-carpenters-blocks-v187-slopes-stairs-and-more/

So i decided to create a compatibility addon for it that provides recipes for .carpenter's hammer, carpenter's chisel, & carpenter's bed (it already recognizes TFC wood so the recipes using wood/sticks are already functional).

I have changed several recipes and more changes might follow. I will post the new recipes here once I am able to generate the images.

--Download--

• [*]
 http://kotoro.com/minecraft_mods/TFC_carpentersblocks_adapter

• [*]Current version requires TFC build 0.77.17+ and Carpenter's blocks version 1.91

--Known issues--

• [*]can't obtain nether quartz, until TFC provides an alternate recipe for solar detector, i'm not sure what to do for this. [*]Follow my progress and report other issues at github: 
https://github.com/kotoroshinoto/TFC_CarpentersBlocks_adapter [*]Ladders & Smart moving have issues I created a mod to adjust for this problem:

--Changed Recipes--

Posted Image <-- Single planks instead of sticks, 5->3 for 1:1 wood block ratio

Posted Image <---Wrought Iron Hammer Head

Posted Image <--- Wrought Iron Chisel Head

Posted Image <-- Vertical and Horizontal Supports instead of sticks

Posted Image <-- Vertical Supports instead of sticks

Posted Image <-- Single Planks instead of sticks

Posted Image <-- TFC's wool cloth instead of wool block

--Screenshots---

Carpenter's blocks containing white birch painted with various dyes (last one doesnt have dye, can't use bonemeal)

Posted Image

--Other Changes---

• Use grass blocks obtained from shearing tallgrass to get grass overlay instead of vanilla seeds
  • Compares IDs instead of class identity for dyes so TFC's custom dyes work.
    • Treat dyes as a stain for tfc blocks not paint, it applies color but doesnt cover up natural color, thus dying blocks with dark hues will net you a color that may not be desirable..
  • For wool cover & side cover functionality from Carpenter's blocks, use carpets
  • Updated calls to methods so they now work with carpentersblock's facing support.

--Possible Future Ideas---

• [*]I'm also considering providing TFC metals versions of the carpenter's hammer/chisel that use the carpenter's block as their "handle" and the tfc hammer/chisel heads. I need to figure out how to subclass the items and make them have sane damage value limits in accordance with TFC metal value.
    • [*]However I'm not an artist, I would be completely unable to do the sprites/textures or whatever you call it for the new-color version of those items, so i'd need to rely on somebody else to help.

--question to forum users--

• [*]For the solar sensor, what should I replace the nether quartz with for a compatible recipe? [*]If you need me to relax the TFC version requirement let me know, be careful though it might cause crashes as I dont develop against old versions.

Feel free to suggest changes to the recipes I thought of or any other alternate ideas.

great, i love carpenters block

Maybe you could use some quartzite rocks from tfc? I really like this mod!

I wish i could get wool blocks.

I'm  going to see if I can insert some logic using ASM to make his mod treat wool cloth as if it were being given a wool block and return the wool cloth item when such is removed.

^ Actually, may make the above use carpets because they already HAVE color metadata like woolblocks.

As for now, I made grass overlay use grass that you get from using shears on tallgrass.

I had some crashing while developing this feature due to difficulty of ASM modification and combining a coremod and a fmlmod into one jar for a novice modder. Please put the pastebin url of any crashes you get in here and I'll fix it.

It SHOULD be stable though.

--edit--

forgot to revert changes to carpenter's block source code before testing, dye problem not fixed, will be implementing fix and pushing the update with the carpets change.

--edit2--

dye is fixed again, carpets work as covers, straw/grass both work as overlays

Can you make carpenter hammer and chisel out of brone? It have really low durability much lower than TFC iron tools.

Can you make carpenter hammer and chisel out of brone? It have really low durability much lower than TFC iron tools.

I'm aware of this, I'm planning to add TFC versions of the tools as my next feature.

You can get nether quartz in TFC. Just light the portal with a log pile on a campfire somewhere below level 100.

You can get nether quartz in TFC. Just light the portal with a log pile on a campfire somewhere below level 100.

the ability to get to the nether is not an intended feature, but rather happenstance due to the response of obsidian to fire and logpile flaming response to campfire. Bioxx has already stated not to rely on obsdian remaining in the game

the ability to get to the nether is not an intended feature, but rather happenstance due to the response of obsidian to fire and logpile flaming response to campfire. Bioxx has already stated not to rely on obsdian remaining in the game

That's fine, but right now alternatives are not needed.  You can go to the nether. The OP stated that you can't get nether quartz; currently, this is incorrect. When it's disabled alternatives will need to be sought, but until then I'd focus on other features or bugs or whatever.  Unless the creator is particularly excited about swapping the material, in which case have fun.

OTOH, many server's have the nether disabled, so alternatives might be a good investment.

100% head?? could you explain what that means?

oh you mean the damage value, if it doesn't accept damaged heads I can try to fix it.

--edit:

I've started working toward making the tfc metals version of the tools I will try to tackle the damaged-heads (not perfectly produced from anvils) issue in the process.

---edit2: Jan-9(2014)

Apologies, i've been really busy with graduate school and this project completely fell by the wayside and has been ignored for a while. I haven't forgotten about it and I plan to pick this up once Bioxx releases stable build 78 as it will likely require some changes to my code to be compatible with the "many" changes he is making to the TFC system.

--edit3 Feb-1(2014)

Decided to go ahead with fixes for imperfect toolheads and work toward creating TFC metal version of carpenters hammer and chisel.

I have figured out how this mechanism works in TFC (I found the recipe additions in the code). I will figure out the best way to create versions of the tools with appropriate TFC metal color and available # of uses.

carpenters block code underwent some cleanup and additional development so I may have to rework how I edit his methods to get it working again.

Great work, one of my favorite mods.

Great work, one of my favorite mods.

yeah, i've been busy with a new baby and school, but I still intend to deal with the incomplete tool head problem.

I know how that is, don't let this affect your grades.  Do you plan to update for 78?

I know how that is, don't let this affect your grades.  Do you plan to update for 78?

yes, i want to do some playtesting so I know how the system feels to play and then i'll start looking at the codebase and what I need to do to get this working.

Excellent!

So, I know this goes well beyond the intention of your mod, but I've noticed that CB doesn't use connected textures (a part of optifine or mcpatcher).  From the testing I've done, it seems that the Connected Textures Mod(CTM) is able to recognize applied textures on CB blocks, but the display is simply the base applied texture, not the texture that CTM should put there.

Since CTM is "seeing" the tile, I was thinking that perhaps the CTM texture is applied and then covered up by CB.

If this problem is interesting to you, and you have time, do you think you could look into it?  I totally understand if you're busy or if it's just uninteresting to you.

Tried using this with 1.6.4 today, and Minecraft wouldn't start, which is too bad. Can someone confirm for me if it's really just not working with the latest versions of things, or if the problem was with my mod load?

Tried using this with 1.6.4 today, and Minecraft wouldn't start, which is too bad. Can someone confirm for me if it's really just not working with the latest versions of things, or if the problem was with my mod load?

the title is clear about the version to use so I would say it must be updatet for build 78 to work

the title is clear about the version to use so I would say it must be updatet for build 78 to work

Yes, and it would be wonderful if that information were always 100% reliable, but it's not always. Thread titles don't always get updated. Code changes can be unrelated to the functions of mods, allowing them to be "forwards compatible". So, even if it seemed like a stupid question, it wasn't impossible that it was just a problem on my end. I'm not new to modding, just to this forum.

I never said that your question was stupid.

Yes, the mod author could have forgotten to edit the title, but there is no file matching build 78 available to dowload.

No it was not impossible that it could work as some 1.6.2 mods work in 1.6.4, but it's not the cas for this one, as it also depend on two different mods that have changed version since it's release.

I also tried and it crashed.

Hey, any chance of update to b78 or 79? Carpenter blocks is a great mod, and TFC needs way more compat addons...