Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
tenterro

Archaeology

9 posts in this topic

Another aesthetic idea. =)

When digging sand or dirt you can find some unknown ancient artifacts. And for example only player 50 lvl or higher can indetify it. When indetifying, u can get some old paintings, vases, parts of sculpture. So we can collect very nice exhibisions for museums. =)

But I understant that this will require many new models and textures... =(

The suggestion itself is interesting, and i like it, but it doesn't really add much to the gameplay. I like that it adds some use to exp. the statues could maybe have a mysticism potion effect while palaces nearby, possibly. My main point it, It's a side-quest kind of thing. And you have to keep in mind that the player is, essentially, making what future civilizations would dig up. TFCraft is paleo/Neolithic age. Where would you get the artifacts from?

Another aesthetic idea. =)When digging sand or dirt you can find some unknown ancient artifacts. And for example only player 50 lvl or higher can indetify it. When indetifying, u can get some old paintings, vases, parts of sculpture. So we can collect very nice exhibisions for museums. =)But I understant that this will require many new models and textures... =(

I would stay opposite to this idea.

How often do *YOU* find artifacts and ancient items in real? I'm sure, you didn't find any artifact at all.

TFC brings a "salt of realism" to "sugar" MC world. Let's keep original TFC flavor!

Just my two cents:

If you're basing this off of digging a foot deep in your backyard, of course you're not going to find anything interesting.  You'd have to dig deeper, and somewhere else.  

That said, given TFC's time period, you're probably the one leaving those artifacts there to begin with.  

I think it'd be interesting if clay pots, sometimes with things in them, spawned in little clusters (rarely) in cave systems. Ancient cultures did tend to store pots full of things in caves.

Also re: wrong time period, well there was obviously enough of a civilization present to turn into zombies.

Honestly I think it'd be interesting if abandoned and half-destroyed structures (like the villages in vanilla) existed, sometimes on the surface, sometimes half-buried in dirt, sometimes totally buried. Then you could have the dirt blocks near these sites have a small chance of spawning certain kinds of items. Like pottery, tool heads, and gems.

I think it'd be interesting if clay pots, sometimes with things in them, spawned in little clusters (rarely) in cave systems. Ancient cultures did tend to store pots full of things in caves.

Also re: wrong time period, well there was obviously enough of a civilization present to turn into zombies.

Honestly I think it'd be interesting if abandoned and half-destroyed structures (like the villages in vanilla) existed, sometimes on the surface, sometimes half-buried in dirt, sometimes totally buried. Then you could have the dirt blocks near these sites have a small chance of spawning certain kinds of items. Like pottery, tool heads, and gems.

I see what you mean about zombies, but they aren't meant to be like this in TFC. There should be like a dungeons system in which all vanilla undeads reside in. Now if those and/or ruined villages were added, I would be totally fine with some form of archaeology, but as it stands, zombies don't have civilization of any kind associated with them.

Wrong time period? 

First railroad was build in 1825 

First archaeology digging was in 1722. 

We have railroads, so we are at least in XIX century. 

Wrong time period? First railroad was build in 1825 First archaeology digging was in 1722. We have railroads, so we are at least in XIX century.

It's officially determined that the time window of TFCraft ends in the 1500's. the rails are from vanilla and have not been deleted yet.

Although in history civilizations were built on the ruins of older ones before them. in several places around the world there are structures that were constructed that we have no idea who built them, and upon closer inspection find that they were built on the ruins of a city of a people no one knew existed.This idea would be plausible, if not probable