Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
fallonsky

where did all the evil mobs go

18 posts in this topic

like the title says ever since i have upgraded i haven't seen that many of them at first i thought that they just spawned a lot less above ground but i found a huge cave and just for fun decided to go and adventure in it with only some torches,a propick and a copper mace. i found lots of useful ore and minirals but i never even heard a zombie/creeper/spider or skelly o.o its kinda eery. i expected to be dead within 5 min because before the update the only way to survive long was full bronze or bisbronze but ended up going a few hours without seeing anyone at all.

Are you sure that you aren't playing on Peaceful Difficulty?

im not playing on peaceful o.o and its not spawn protection ether since i went out away from my home and even then there where only three mobs o.o

scratch that i punched a zombie and suddenly over 20 more invaded my town and the game crashed.

Posted Image

edit: note to self do not punch zombies unless you want a instant zombie apocalypses

I absolutely hate that new mechanic Mojang implemented. It doesn't make any logical sense and encourages "gaming of the system", which kills immersion.

I absolutely hate that new mechanic Mojang implemented. It doesn't make any logical sense and encourages "gaming of the system", which kills immersion.

========================

How does the sound of zombies being attacked/attacking someone attracting more zombies make no sense and break immersion?

nice trap btw. :o

thanks but it wasnt suposed to be a trap XD i just wanted a moat but turns out the zombie ai sucks and on purpose avoids the bridge just to fall in on the sides.

========================

How does the sound of zombies being attacked/attacking someone attracting more zombies make no sense and break immersion?

i think he means that if you punch a zombie every zombie on the loaded map will sudenly see you and path to you and it doesnt matter if its behind a huge mountin it will still attack you. it also then spawns more zombies (normal spawns and also reinforce) that then also see you and charge.

in other words if you punch a zombie then good luck. you have just told all of them where you are and what you called their mother.  worse yet is that they will keep coming because you cant kill them faster then they can spawn.

in other words if you punch a zombie then good luck. you have just told all of them where you are and what you called their mother.  worse yet is that they will keep coming because you cant kill them faster then they can spawn.

Worse? This is great news. Easier to get exp for higher levels and more HP. Gone are the days of chasing down zombies, now they just come to you!

Worse? This is great news. Easier to get exp for higher levels and more HP. Gone are the days of chasing down zombies, now they just come to you!

if you want to get xp then ya its awesome, but most of the time if im trying to do something outside and a single zombie comes at me i can kill it easily but then thats it for the whole night as then the zombie armageddon starts. so instead of just killing him i have to stop what i'm doing and force him to fall into a pit so that i can return to work. just a pain >.<

if you want to get xp then ya its awesome, but most of the time if im trying to do something outside and a single zombie comes at me i can kill it easily but then thats it for the whole night as then the zombie armageddon starts. so instead of just killing him i have to stop what i'm doing and force him to fall into a pit so that i can return to work. just a pain >.<

If you don't want to be bugged by evil mobs at night, you should set the difficulty to peaceful. If not, you'll just have to deal with them. There's no shame in running home, sleep the night away, and watching the zombles burrrrrrnnnn....  B)

========================

It makes no sense because punching a zombie shouldn't make another zombie materialize out of thin air. And because I'm aware of this game mechanic, I know I'm better off not hitting the zombies than to do what makes sense and fight them off. This immediately shifts my brain from "Oh crap I need to survive this zombie attacking me!" to "How can I game this system so more zombies don't pop up from nowhere."

If you don't want to be bugged by evil mobs at night, you should set the difficulty to peaceful. If not, you'll just have to deal with them. There's no shame in running home, sleep the night away, and watching the zombles burrrrrrnnnn....  B)

nah i like it that there is some danger in being outside at night but now zombies aren't difficult to kill at all. they hit like kittens but there are just too damn many of them. i kill 20 and suddenly there are more coming out of the woodwork. the only real threats to me are the spiders and skellys / jav skellys as they can actually hurt me.  also sleep lol.

That's when you start using a deep pit... Something i posted in another topic. One punch and the mob flies down the pit to a crushing doom. First i created was too small, cause jav skelly survived the fall... Now i can punch anything down there and it will die :)

It is survival and if you play on normal, be prepared for "enemies" during the night. It's like when you go to a wild forest IRL and expect no wild animals to attack you... If you find them and attract their attention, you should act, not complain "OMG, you spawned here?". You're in a hostile territory, what do you expect?

Anyway, my pit is near my home wall with one block of a ledge between the wall and the pit. Two blocks above the ground i have a door, so when i lure mobs close, i open the door, attract them close to the pit and "prod" them down to death :) The most difficult are spiders, as they climb walls O.o

That's when you start using a deep pit... Something i posted in another topic. One punch and the mob flies down the pit to a crushing doom. First i created was too small, cause jav skelly survived the fall... Now i can punch anything down there and it will die :)

It is survival and if you play on normal, be prepared for "enemies" during the night. It's like when you go to a wild forest IRL and expect no wild animals to attack you... If you find them and attract their attention, you should act, not complain "OMG, you spawned here?". You're in a hostile territory, what do you expect?

Anyway, my pit is near my home wall with one block of a ledge between the wall and the pit. Two blocks above the ground i have a door, so when i lure mobs close, i open the door, attract them close to the pit and "prod" them down to death :) The most difficult are spiders, as they climb walls O.o

====

i expect that there will be mobs and they will attack me but you dont need a pit to make the zombies weak all you need is any kind of copper or bronze mace/sword and you can cut them down by the hundreds. >.<  if the zombies where hard to kill and where an actual threat then i would be ok with so many of them but they are just so weak. every other mob has something that makes it dangerous but zombies just have numbers.

...but zombies just have numbers.

Just like every zombie movie ever lol

every other mob has something that makes it dangerous but zombies just have numbers.

Their numbers is what makes zombies dangerous.

If the threat comes to that so i have to kill them by the hundreds... I could be shoving them into the pit as fast as swinging my mace or sword. Especially, as such weapons are when i get to bronze or something, which i don't have yet.