Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
EnTro

[Offline] Crococraft server [Survival, whitelisted, TFC, towns and trading, 0.78.17] < A good server :)

560 posts in this topic

the server is lagging so badly thats its making ti impossable for me and my 3 frined to acomplish anything or pick anything up were constantly getting booted from the server and spending endless ammounts of time trying to pick up 1 thing only to have us get booted again.

can you plz fix this. people keep blameing it on exploring bu this is supposed to be a pre generated map

plz fix this its making us want to leave and we just got here :L

-----------------

I feel like I should give a proper explanation on this topic:

From what I have seen is that 90% of the cases where people complain about lag it is not server lag. Instead it is framerate lag, connection lag or something similar.

People blame the server anyway, because it is easy for them to do that instead of solving the problem themselves .

A few facts:

• TFC is quite a heavy mod (lags sometimes even in single player)
  • Crococraft runs 10 players online without lag
  • I can easily see if the server itself is lagging, or it has to be something else
  • 90% of the cases where ppl complain about server lag it is not server lag
  • Running a server is expensive and many kids don't realize this 
  • The effort of me and the other admins put into running the server is also quite high

There is one bug that causes the lag you describe, and it only affects certain players. To get technical: they connect and it somehow generates a network exception on the server, which lags for ~10 seconds while the server is initiating a new network connection. If this takes too long everyone gets booted from the server. This is likely a Mojang or Forge bug, and not something we, Bioxx or Dunk can solve.

The server should of course never get interrupted from any client connection, but fact is, it does. I have seen a case where reinstalling the client, updating the OS, drivers, and java solved the problem for one player, but what exactly solved it for that person is not clear.

Bottom line, the lag you experience is somehow due to your client, connecting in a wrong manner to the server combined with a bug in the server code which cannot handle the exception gracefully. I cannot fix this.

Welcome to the server Aminrcraoftm, and Stelthblade! You've been whitelisted! Check your PMs for details.

Username: PioPiki2

Why do you like to play TFC?  I like playing TFC becous eof the realism it adds to minecraft, I was looking for a mod like this for months. I alredy have a SP world but havnig no other players to play with me exept my little bro that is 7 is dumb. Thats why I'm looking for a server.

Why do you want to join? I want to join becouse i want to play with other players, help people if they need help, I like helping people. I will be always on and be a very friendly guy. I will be 4 hours a day on becouse of school :-(. I become unmature when someone griefs my build or when someone cheats. I hate cheaters and griefers, but i think every of them can become better. I want to have fun with others on servers. I'm not sure if I'm going to talk alot on mumble becouse i sound really bad...

What will you add to the server? I will be a great add-on for the comunity, I will build cool things and help people alot. I will try to be as friendly as possible. I will play alot on this server and i will have fun with opther players. When you meet me and you egt to know me a bit better you're going to be happy.

Somethign more: I live in Croatia, its a very nice country. I don't speak English that well so exuse my foolish mistakes. I really love playing games, esspecially Minecraft with TFC. I am a very friendly guy. My real name is Vito. I speak Croatian so English isn't my primary language.

I hope you read this, if you do thank you for spending your time reading this.

Username: PioPiki2

Why do you like to play TFC?  I like playing TFC becous eof the realism it adds to minecraft, I was looking for a mod like this for months. I alredy have a SP world but havnig no other players to play with me exept my little bro that is 7 is dumb. Thats why I'm looking for a server.

Why do you want to join? I want to join becouse i want to play with other players, help people if they need help, I like helping people. I will be always on and be a very friendly guy. I will be 4 hours a day on becouse of school :-(. I become unmature when someone griefs my build or when someone cheats. I hate cheaters and griefers, but i think every of them can become better. I want to have fun with others on servers. I'm not sure if I'm going to talk alot on mumble becouse i sound really bad...

What will you add to the server? I will be a great add-on for the comunity, I will build cool things and help people alot. I will try to be as friendly as possible. I will play alot on this server and i will have fun with opther players. When you meet me and you egt to know me a bit better you're going to be happy.

Somethign more: I live in Croatia, its a very nice country. I don't speak English that well so exuse my foolish mistakes. I really love playing games, esspecially Minecraft with TFC. I am a very friendly guy. My real name is Vito. I speak Croatian so English isn't my primary language.

I hope you read this, if you do thank you for spending your time reading this.

I ment skype becouse i don't like mumble but i probably will install it

*snip*

This is not the case in which every single player on the server was being disconnected at the same time. There's absolutely no way that it's a client side issue when 4-8 players where being dced simultaneously and periodically. This has to be a server issue we just can't pinpoint the actual cause. Like he said earlier people were saying that loading chunks was causing the server to start dcing people but that makes no sense both from my knowledge of servers and from the fact that you advertised having a pregenerated world.

Username: Hugher256

Why do you like to play TFC? I like the difficulty and realism of TFC.

Why do you want to join? I want to join because I want to increase the community of the server and play among the community and learn more about TFC.

What will you add to the server? I will add big structures and definately try to add the 7 Wonders of the World.

Username: dragoun699Age: 24Location: Halifax, NS, CAWhy do you like to play TFC? diffrente mincraft challengeWhy do you want to join? Buddy of mine plays on this server. Dasgespenst (may have spelled his name wrong)What will you add to the server? extra caves :P and some kind of forge (aesthetically pleasing)

So it happened 22 times bettwen 4:30pm eastern and 5:50pm eastern in which i'm giving up for now. Hopefully you can figure out what is going on. Cody has been on to witness most of it.

Username: recheeseAge: 15Location: Alabama, USAWhy do you like to play TFC? It is a fun and challenging mod. It brings a better experience to minecraft survival.Why do you want to join? I want to play on a good server and meet new friends.What will you add to the server? I plan to make a village or join one and just have fun and meet new people.

Username: WuncrazInjun67

What are your plans on this server? To Explore, Build, Have Fun with other people, but mainly to build a castle or keep, that actually looks good.

Why do you like TFC? I've always been interested in minecraft, but lately I've decided vanilla is to bland for me, I was watching YouTube for mods, when I came across this mod. I was blown away, and had to try it, so far it's amazing, (Only got to copper pick) But I really want to play with others, so I loaded up the internet, found this site, and loaded the server page, and clicked on one, and that amazing link brought me here.

Why do you want to join? Like I said, I want to play with others, it's not as fun alone, also I feel like this mod makes it easier for people to cooperate, because of the level of difficulty involved.

What will you add to this server? A kind, likable player, to get along and play with, I love helping people, so issues will only occur if someone is being rude to another for no reason, other than that, I'll add myself, a community person, I enjoy being part of a community, I am helpful, and overall, I love TFC.

Username: cwsager
Why do you like to play TFC? I love the hardcore, survival feel.
Why do you want to join? I wish to create a town and play tfc with others.
What will you add to the server? Hopefully a trading city for those looking to trade goods in exchange for others

Welcome PioPiki2, Hugher256, dragoun699, recheese, WuncrazyInjun67 and cwsager

you all have beeen white listed and i have also sent you a PM with info on how to join the server.

Enjoy.

WuncrazyInjun67 i noticed in your app you might have missed a Y out of you username i have added you on the server as "WuncrazyInjun67" if this is wrong or your have problems getting on please get in touch with any of the admins at our forum Here

Username: Solider1234Age: 17Location: GermanyWhy do you like to play TFC? Love the game for its realistic "touch", also i like technical mods.Why do you want to join? Playing alone is boring.. none to trade with and so on..What will you add to the server? I like giant projects you should remember my colosseum from last time in which you beat up my a*s xD

just tested.. i already have the ip from the last server and im also whitlisted.. :D

Username: 7mo0ode2

Why do you like to play TFC? I like the challenge of it.

Why do you want to join? I play on a singleplayer world and i kinda got board so i think multiplayer will be more fun.
What will you add to the server? Team , Friends , Buildings and Kind.

Username: FredgarAge: 16Location: UKWhy do you like to play TFC?: It looks really good from what I've seen of it.Why do you want to join?: This looks like the best server out there.What will you add to the server?: I don't know, but I'll try not to make it worse for anyone either.

welcome Fredgar,

i have white listed you on the server and sent you a PM with the server info.

Enjoy.

Hey i have a friend who plays here and said it was a lot of fun so i would like to play with you guys.

Username: germanpilsner24
Why do you like to play TFC? Im hoping to find out, but from what i hear it should be fun :)
Why do you want to join? Because i only play in a few servers, usually Hardcore Mode servers and there arent many out there and this server has a lot of similarities so i thought id try it out.
What will you add to the server? Lots of ugly square houses... :P I cant really say i just do things. Here is a vid of something ive built. Also id like to add i did this all in a Hardcore Survival Mode server with no help (flying/mods/friends...etc) 

Hope to play with you guys soon! 

- germanpilsner24

Welcome aboard germanpilsner24!

Username: Vanroden
Why do you like to play TFC? I have been playing minecraft for a long time, Everything from vanilla to mod packs with over 200+ mods. The one thing that i felt was missing was the survival aspect to the game. Im a big fan of realistic survival games and this mod is my new favorite.
Why do you want to join? I will like to join because im looking for a mature community. I hate servers that allow griefing and is infested by young kids that sole purpose is to destroy others work. I hope im accepted... =)
What will you add to the server? I will add a very active player that enjoys playing with and helping others.

Username:PocosTacosXAge:16Location: USA,CAWhy do you like to play TFC? A:I Love The Aspect that this mod has. It makes survival realistic and more interesting

Why do you want to join? A:Because playing by yourself isn't that fun :bWhat will you add to the server? A:I have played with this mod before with a friend so i can help anyone out if they're having problems. I am a respectful,friendly, and a active player

Username: MylesAnderson
Why do you like to play TFC? it is different from all other mods ive played and i love learning all the new parts of the mod 
Why do you want to join? i love playing on servers because then i cannot cheat :P on single player i cant help myself from spawning in an item eavry once in a while then i get board cause it is basically creative.
What will you add to the server? i am an easy going guy, i don't make trouble and i help when and where i can

Username: MylesAnderson
Why do you like to play TFC? it is different from all other mods ive played and i love learning all the new parts of the mod 
Why do you want to join? i love playing on servers because then i cannot cheat  :P on single player i cant help myself from spawning in an item eavry once in a while then i get board cause it is basically creative.
What will you add to the server? i am an easy going guy, i don't make trouble and i help when and where i can

sorry acidently sent it twice

Username: Ghostwar47Age: 22Location: Germany, HannoverWhy do you like to play TFC? i like extra hardcore and survival.Why do you want to join? i want to issue some nice palace, to research the caves and i have some friends on this server.What will you add to the server? respect to other players, my cheerful sentiment and some experience.