Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jyro117

[TFC 0.77.21] Terrabow Mod (v0.7.1) (Deprecated)

4 posts in this topic

Note: The addon is now included in Strongcraft, please refer to that thread instead.

"Abandoned: September 2013

I just wanted to let people know that I have no intention of updating this mod for B77+, I'm too busy with real life. The source for this mod is available on github. I don't agree with copyright, so feel free to copy/edit/distribute any or all of my code at your leisure. Thanks to everyone who left suggestions, there are some quality posts that took people some time to type and I would've gladly used your ideas to improve the mod if I had more time." - Aeroc

I have decided to take up the effort to maintain this project for the time being. If at any point I decide to no longer maintain this I will also post all my code changes for someone to access in the future if desired. Since Aeroc has released his code to public domain, I will likely be reusing some parts of it for other mods I am likely to write.

Overview

"Terra Bow mod is a bow and arrow mod to compliment TFC." - Aeroc

Download & Install

Download and place .zip file in the /mods directory.

Older Downloads:

Features
  • 3 Bows: Primitive, Longbow & Composite
    • Current bow dynamically displays estimated full-power damage to mobs.
    • Bow damage lowers slightly with loss of durability.
    • Bow damage scales slightly based on character level, has diminishing returns.
    • Damage with arrows is roughly 50-75% of damage of a sword for same type of material.
    • Arrows rarely break. (Likely change in future)
  • 15 Arrows: 13 TFC Metals, Stone & Bone
    • Arrows indicate the amount of damage they add to a bow.
  • 3 Anvil Plans: Plane Blade, Metal Rod and Arrowhead
  • New Metal Tool: Hand Plane
  • Longbows and composite bows have variable durability based on the "quality" of the woods that produced them.
    • Higher level bows also have increased base damage and arrow speed.
  • Highly Configurable: Configure arrow damage, bow accuracy, durability, velocity, wood quality, stack sizes and more. 
    • (feature is only partially working at the moment and will be readded later).
  • Recipes

Terra Bow mod adds quite a few new items and recipes so I made a simple page to help reference them (not up to date, will be updated in future):

Additional Changes:
  • Anvil recipe for arrows makes an Arrowhead Pile, which can be put into the crafting table and turned into 32 arrow heads
  • Straw + Glue Bottle on a crafting table can be turned into Arrow Fletching. (Can be used interchangeably with feathers for arrows).
  • Metal Rods are made with Double Ingots instead of Single (but make twice as many arrow heads).

Other Notes

"It is still very much a work in progress. Some of the textures are redundant placeholders until the final textures are ready. All credit to Kwink007 for supplying the already finalized textures and many thanks for the feedback from the members of Roanoke server.

My research was limited to watching youtube videos and looking up wikipedia, so forgive me if some things don't make perfect sense. But feel free to leave feedback and complaints.
I will write about the config file settings soon, to explain what they all do. It's possible to mess up the way the bows and arrows work if you put some values out of certain ranges." - Aeroc

Change Log

Version 0.7.1 - October 12, 2013
  • Updated to MC 1.6.2, TFC 0.77.21, Forge 871
  • Rewrote a few core parts to use less code and fixed a few bugs along the way.
  • Added a language configuration for item names
  • Add Arrow Fletching for a cheaper alternative to feathers when making arrows
  • Changed Metal Rod to use double ingots instead of single
  • Metal Rods are now turned into Piles of Arrow Heads, which can then be 'crafted' into 32 arrow heads.
  • Removed notion of damage from Hand Plane.
  • Moved items from Vanilla Creative Tabs to TFC Tabs
  • Re-scaled Bow Damage and made it more dynamic.
  • Removed inaccuracy of lower bows. (May be readded later).
  • More things I can't think of at the moment...
Version 0.7 - April 29, 2013
  • Fixed arrowhead/anvil crafting bug, where executing an arrowhead recipe twice would only produce 1 arrowhead instead of 16. (Many thanks to VegasGoat for the solution.)
Version 0.6 - April 24, 2013
  • Fixed bone and stone arrows mix up when picking up arrows in ground.
  • Added two new config settings: ChanceToDropArrow and ChanceToDropArrowhead. The chance should be a double between 0.0 and 1.0.
  • After an arrow strikes a living entity, there is a chance that the arrow or the arrow's arrowhead will drop immediately, based on the two new config settings above.

What about trying to revive some of the other TFC addons. I see aeroc has another addon for TFC, but there are more out there, like the medical mod. 

Mods Authored:

Spoiler

Trade BoothTerra BowTerra Mobs

What about trying to revive some of the other TFC addons. I see aeroc has another addon for TFC, but there are more out there, like the medical mod. 

I believe that medical mod is more or less done in ExtraFirma, and part of future list for it. I don't see the need to also make an implementation. As for Terra Mobs Mod, aeroc hasn't released it for others to work on and I'm not sure I have enough interest in that particular mod to warrant a revival.

My plans for this mod is to keep it focused on bow, arrows, and bow mechanics. For the near future, I'm just going to make sure it continues to work with latest TFC versions and will probably clean up the code a bit to make things easier to work with. I updated this mostly because it looked interesting and I needed somewhere to start learning about modding TFC.

I am currently working on other mod(s) for TFC. I won't talk about them here until I decide they are nearly ready for an early release, or at the very least developed enough for a worthy W.I.P. post.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0