Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Rhapsodyman2000

Combat Revamp Opinion Poll

TFC Combat   38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe this represents your opinoins about TFC combat

• Yes
    • No
    • I have something to add/remove
    • I have a better Idea

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 posts in this topic

The problem with doing the exp for using weapons is that if you have new commers to the server it means everyone has a drastic advantage, even beyond having a headstart on gear.

Plus, it means that player how advance can make exp farms and get even more exp, getting stronger, while new players will have to get all their exp in a old-fashioned, hand-to-hand(or knife-to-knife) combat, and with new-player gear, you're more likely to die then to get away with exp.

I think it'll be better if combat itself is hard to master, kinda like the propick useage. hard to master, but not impossible, and not dependent on anything like exp

I would love to see an inventory encumbrance system. Add two extra variables, one for mass and one for volume. When one limit is exceeded, the container (inventory, chest, etc) cannot accept any new items, or maybe have multiple limits that involve increasing walking speed penalties. The number of slots is unimportant as long as the mass and volume limits are enforced, for instance say you put an anvil in an empty chest, although only one slot is used, the chest would be virtually full and unable to accept more items.

Why have an encumbrance system? Realism. Logistical challenges and restrictions have gone mostly overlooked in Minecraft, but I think they would provide more depth to the experience. Pack animals would be needed to move goods from one place to another, you could implement wooden carts and wagons. Mining could be slowed down as you'd need both a miner and someone to carry the stone and ore to the surface. Get rid of item drops in their current implementation altogether and make a debris system where you are forced to clear the heavy stone that's mined from the tunnel walls or else it will impede your progress in the tunnel. You can implement animal powered windlasses with hide bags for vertical transport of the mining material and a wooden cart/rail system for horizontal transport. Read De Re Metallica (1556) for illustrations and inspiration.

wow thats the best idea for encumbrance that i have seen so far o.o

I've loved all of it, except for that inventory part, I believe hyena grin's suggestion is better.

By the way, I think it would fit greatly with that revamp, check it out:

terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4678-inventory-space-oh-my-god-its-a-thread-about-inventory/

You are necroing a nearly 2 year old thread, that is talking about an older version of the mod, that has been inactive for more than a year to reference an inactive thread, also about an old version of the mod that isn't even about the topic, but a tangent within. Please don't necro old threads to just say I agree. If it is an old thread like this make sure you are contributing something productive to the conversation.

Combat revamp and the inventory changes I mentioned are both in the suggestion directory, so I believed those were ideas still being considered, sorry if I messed it all up.

The suggestions directory is just that, a directory of suggestions. If a post gets a lot of replies, it gets added to the list. Being on the list means nothing other than that, and it's primarily there to stop people from suggesting things that have already been suggested over and over and over again.