Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
winggar

My BIG suggestion post

5 posts in this topic

First of all this is my BIG suggestion post and i will edit/add stuff to it all of the time. Please tell me what you think about my ideas but don't yell at me for posting an already posted suggestion, I make have liked the suggestion and decided to put it here to, or i may have not known someone wrote it.

Ok first of all Seasons, Time, and weather:

1. A harsh winter. Like you get hunger if you stay to far away from fire, it snows ALOT, you get hurt by going in water (because it is freezing of course), a sheet of ice on top of water that may break under your weight, animals won't breed, crops won't grow, you have reduced health unless wearing leather armor, and you are slowed when walking in snow without snowshoes.

2.Earthquakes, Tornadoes, and Blizzards. Earthquakes make ravines in the ground and heavily erode the terrain and buildings near it. Tornadoes like the ones in the tornado mod. Blizzards that slow you, make you hungry, and makes it darker (so more mobs spawn).

3.Crops timing. certain crops can only be planted and harvested at a certain time.

Ok second we have The Player and Stats:

1. Nutrition: (Explained here: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4621-nutrition-picking-up-where-meals-left-off/) + An over hunger bar. When you eat more then the normal hungerbar can fill, the overhunger bar comes up and fills up the rest. If you have a small amount in overhunger you are slowed (without a buff) a tiny bit. If you have it from 1/4 of the overhunger bar to 3/4 of the overhunger you become slow and you physicaly look fat. at higher then 3/4 you look obese and start slowly dying from it. The overhunger bar can be depleted by exercise and hard work. If normal hunger bar is mostly full to full and the overhunger bar is empty you get a BIG boost in speed, mining speed, health regen, and strength.

2. Armor. When wearing an armor that is heavy IRL you are slowed. When wearing leather armor you get a cold resistence.

Third we have Items:

1. Snowshoes and Ice Skates. Snowshoes counteract the affect of slowness when walking in snow and they do the same as leather boots (give cold resitence) crafted with 1 leather boots, 2 yarn and six sticks.(See crafting for recipe). Ice Skates make sure ice does not break under you when you walk on it and gives cold resistence. Crafted with 1 Leather boots, 2 Wrought Iron Skates.

2.Jewlery! for using those useless metals and jewels into something pretty

3. Coins! Made of Copper, Tin, Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum

4. Wool Clothing! gives cold resist.

Fourth is Biomes and Temperture:

1. Cold and Heat: Cold makes ALL to most of the things in Harsh Winter happen. Minor Heat makes you regen life faster, Major Heat makes you get thirsty faster.

And Last we have crafting:

1. Recipes for things i talked about before this:

• Snowshoes: Y = Yarn S = Stick B = Leather Boots

S B S

S Y S

S Y S

• Ice Skates: X = Blank S = Wrought Iron Skate B = Leather Boots

X B X

S X S

X X X

• Wrought Iron Skate: Molded in kiln with vessel & Skate Mold
  • Wool Clothing: same as vanilla armor but with wool cloth

btw i did have fun with sizes and bold,italics, underline, and maybe all of them together

Thanks for reading!!!

Winter: Body temperature is being implemented in B78 which will affect health and hunger/thirst depletion rates. Crops already are affected by temperature and go dormant if cold enough or die if you have that config setting set. Players already walk slowly through snow.

Crops: Crops growth is based on climate, not timing. It doesn't make any sense if you are in a tropical rain forest that you can't plant your tomatoes just because it is December.

Nutrition: Bioxx and Dunk are currently working on figuring out if nutrition is worth implementing and how to balance it

Armor: Leather is planned to work with the aforementioned body temperature. Weight encumbrance is still being debated on if it will or will not be implemented.

Coins: Currency has no use or value other than what the player gives it and therefore won't be implemented. There will be no NPCs to trade the coins with that set a base value for them.

Cloth Clothing: Still in development, wool has only just been overhauled and all the uses haven't even started to be implemented.

First off, it better (and more convenient for readers) if you post multiple threads with a proper topic instead of lumping them all together. That said:

Winter makes you lose hunger quicker, since you lose body heat. Excessive heat makes you thirsty quicker, since you get dehydrated in heat.

Dynamic landscapes are difficult to program, I'm sure.

I don't think the crop harvest and plant time should be tweaked; fall is generally harvest time, but the growth should be tweaked so that any crops planted in before late spring should be ripe by late fall. This wouldn't apply to multi harvest crops.

About over hunger: obesity was in NO way a Neolithic problem. Food was hard to get, and even if you had enough, a lot of work was put into getting to it or harvesting it, or just daily activities. I'm sure you jump a lot when you play minecraft, and I'd like to see humans do that irl.

Yes, metal armor should slow you. But have you ever touched a leather jacket in chilly weather? It's cold. Not much warmer than cloth. Armor or clothes made from sheepskin or from wool or lined with those materials should give you the cold resistance.

And finally: jewelry and coins have been suggested before. The tone of it has mostly been 'Eh.' Metal is (or was) too precious to waste on coins. Jewelry doesn't really have much use.

If you want coins use CustomNPCs mod

And abour overhunger: even if it wasnt a problem in the neolithic who knows if there were fat bronze age kings! TFC isnt only about neolithic. This means I do support overhunger, but better just give it aesthetic properties. I also support jewelry and would also like to see metal ornaments (Chandeliers, incense recipints, chalices) just for aesthetics.

Hello,

On armor. . .I believe the true nature of most armor is severely misunderstood in regards to encumberance and mobility. I believe much of the misunderstanding stems from RPGs as they attempt to balance combat, progression, and economy. I'd rather not get into the details of it, as it takes a considerable amount of time to collect sources and explain it all. Suffice to say, I am sure if anyone is interesting in the mechanics of armor, they could easily visit any number of sites to learn about it. A few points from what I remember when researching for my own reasons:

-Chain was about as heavy as Plate. Plate was distributed across the whole body, with complex hinges and such to ensure mobility. Chain just hung off the shoulders.

-Modern soldiers lug around at least as much, but usually more weight then an fully armed and armored knight (depending on Rate/M.O.S/A.F.S.C)

-Even wearing armor, you really don't want to be hit...It is just in case you get hit, not something you use to "soak" a hit. Much better to deflect or avoid a blow completely. >.>;

Cheers,

Michael