Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PaoloEmilio

Double Suggestion: Art & Wine/Beer

8 posts in this topic

Okay, these are my two suggestions, hope they are added with build 78 if possible:

Art:

We already have some forms of art:

Sculptures (with chiseling feature) and literature (With book & quill and scribing table feature coming soon). We can also craft paintings. But there is something wrong with paintings. They are random with pre-made images in texture packs. Why not to use custom paintings? Like instead of crafting that random painting you craft an editable one, with a palette, crafted with wood carving. We'll talk about wood carving next. You rightclick a painting with a palette, while having a brush, crafted with a stick and straw on top, on your hotbar, you can edit your painting.

Second form of art would be music, you can craft guitars, violins, flutes and drums.

Guitars would be crafted woth wood carving, and then crafted with five strings, like violins, but then the unfinished violin would be crafted with four strings and a violin bow crafted with wood carving and then with a string. Wool yarn can also be used instead. Flutes can be made of brass, bronze or tin. Drums are crafted with wood carving and then the unfinished drum crafted with a leather. To play the instrument, rightclick (Then, either a random music or a way to play it) To play violins you need violin bow on hotbar and to play a drum you need at least two sticks on hotbar.

Third form of art, wood carving:

It is done with one log, either crafted with a knife or rightclick with knife on hotbar, just like leather. If possible, add ivory or stone carving. The following recipes:

U = Untouched

R = Removed

Bowl (Yes, no longer the log crafted with the knife will give the bowls, as mentioned before)

U U U U U

U U U U U

R U U U R

U R R R U

U U U U U

Unfinished guitar:

U U R U U

U U R U U

U R R R U

U R R R U

U R R R U

Unfinished violin:

U U R U U

U U R U U

U R R R U

U U R U U

U R R R U

Stringless violin bow:

U R R U U

U R U U U

U R U U U

U R U U U

U R R U U

Leatherless drum:

R U U U R

R U U U R

R U U U R

R U U U R

U R R R U

At last, my favourite expression of art, goldsmith. Let your goblets and plates be made of metal:

For goldsmithing, you can use: gold, sterling silver, copper, bronze, brass, and tin.

You can make goblets, plates and metal jugs, which, of course, don't break.

(To make plans, invert the R's to U's and vice versa)

For a goblet mold:

R U U U R

R U U U R

U R R R U

U U R U U

U R R R U

Goblets can be filled with wine and water

Plate mold:

U U U U U

U U U U U

U U U U U

R U U U R

U R R R U

Plates can be filled with meals to replace bowls, add bowls a small chance of breaking that metal plates don't have. Also if you use a meal in a brass plate it should say "Meal served on a brass plate", for gold "Meal served on gold plate".

Metal jug mold

U R U U U

R R R R U

R R R U R

R R R R U

R R R U U

Grape and Wines:

Grapes are grown like tomatoes, are the only crop that can resist winter (Or at least dont make the crops drop as an item despite of winter, just make them look dead and no longer grow, but they yield their harvest. I suggest this cause I play on a server and I usually dont have time to get on by the harvest and due to winter it dropsas an item and it despawns) Grapes last 3 years before giving harvest and it can be harvested like tomatoes and bell peppers. Once harvested it can be eaten or sealed in a barrel of water to make wine. Wine can be a bit more reddish than rum. It is the only alcohol bearing liquid that can be served on goblets.

At last, that's all. Leave your opinion. Feedbacks and positive coments are always good!

I, for one, would much enjoy making music in TFC.

Going the rout of having proper wine cups for the wine, you could also make tankards for the beer and shot glasses ro something for the spirits.

As far as music, assuming you 'knew' how to play the instrument, you could prewrite a piece of music in a txt file in configs or something and have it displayed in a small list of 'songs you know' interface....or just a set of buttons bound to keyboard or the mouse is used on to 'play' the instrument.

I love the idea about paintings.

Nice, thank you for your opinions :)

Those are really cool ideas and I think that they would fit well into TFC.

Adding to that it would be also cool to ad jawelery, we could use gems for medals and trophies etc.

Those are really cool ideas and I think that they would fit well into TFC. Adding to that it would be also cool to ad jawelery, we could use gems for medals and trophies etc.

Of course!

I think the most useable part is Grapes, but I think you need to better explain how to paint and play music.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0