Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
PaoloEmilio

Adventure maps

24 posts in this topic

I know Adventure maps are a hard task, take a lot of time, and such, but I would like to see adventure maps working with custom NPCs, Extrafirma, or other mods/addons. I could begin making one, if I had World edit as a mod for singleplayer. I would like to inspire you to make your own maps with this post. You can make them and post download links here. I would still suggest to make them after build 78 when the Exception Ticking World Crash (Look on TFC 77.21 bug list) is fixed. And the ore generation and so are fixed. If some dev reads this, I would like to know as well the block IDs for ore vein blocks. NEI only gives me Native Copper, Borax, and Kaolinite, and I want to make artificial mines for my map.

The block IDs for the ore vein blocks are just the ones you got from NEI. Add damage values to get different ores.

So 123 may be Native Copper, and then 123:1 might be Tetrahedrite

*Not actual values

Bro, I got you covered. I've been using SinglePlayerCommands with a guide on how to install Here. Unfortunately, you cannot used Mods that use Player API at the same time (or any other mods Magic Launcher deems "internal mod" as far as I'm concerned). This means you cannot run NPC mod at the same time you are editing, however, the mods that use Player API don't use many blocks. After editing, you can place NPC's in.

Some other mods that can be used would be: Better Storage (has keys and locks), Punt Boats, Inventory Tweaks, Mob Amputation, HUDs, and BiblioCraft.

For those Players with HARDCORE in mind Zombie Awarness

Thank you for your advice, I really appreciate it, I am currently working on a map about Role Play, just need a few guides on how to set dialogs in CustomNPCs. Thank you guys for your help.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Anything to help a fellow roleplayer! I have build a few dungeons and DM'ed many events our server team constructed. I'm glad to share the rescources i've gathered.

I think that whatever made my maps go erased was that my laptop was full of junk, I did some work on that today :) Hope my future map is being enjoyed.

Screenshots coming soon

I'm wondering, what is the adventure map about?

A medieval kingdom. You're a peasant living in the capital of a small kingdom, but differently to many RPGs, this one is pure side quests. There is no defined storyline. Aka: Go write yer own tale!

Can you post screenshots on your progress?

I've been aiming to create a survival map using the TerraFirmaCraft mod, along with a few modifications (Zombie Awareness, Mod Amputation, etc.). The story is actually of science fiction work, in which a freighter ship crash lands on a wild and hostile world. You are the only survivor of the crash, and most of the cargo of the freighter ship was either destroyed in the crash, or someone/something took it.

It would be focusing on surviving off of the land, as all of the weapons and armor inside the ship were destroyed, and you could only salvaged what was still intact. I haven't gotten around to work on the rest of it, since I only created a very early prototype of the survival map.

Sounds great i think my mod pack would really help make a great adventure map:

He has tons of great mods that can do alot of things

The main one that comes to mind is Custom NPC mod. You can create custom mobs, quests, factions, and alot more.

Here is a link to my mod pack: http://terrafirmacraft.com/f/topic/4933-check-out-a-mod-pack-im-thinking-of-making-for-tfc/

Nice Modpack Healshot, sadly I don't think they all can ever be compatiible with TFC, and unlit torches seem tedious to me (my map's big city works mostly on torches)

Some screenshots so far (Note this is WIP, and I didn't post the images because they were big and I don't know how to make spoilers :():

A sight of the town:

http://i.imgur.com/nuKFtIY.png

The inside of the pub:

http://i.imgur.com/Rz3lXZu.png

The Farmlands:

http://i.imgur.com/EVSjsZU.png

And at last, the entrance of the mines:

http://i.imgur.com/viJuWWL.png

This is just the capital of the main kingdom so far, I plan walls and a castle for it, alongside, of course, many towns. And save your copies of build 77.21, you'll need 'em.

Nice Modpack Healshot, sadly I don't think they all can ever be compatiible with TFC, and unlit torches seem tedious to me (my map's big city works mostly on torches)

All the mods in the Pack are all TFC Compatible, as for unlit torches mod the life span of the Torches and Lanterns are configurable.

That low render distance... :P But I love the guy in the pub lying down drunk. XD By the way: Spoilers are made with [ spoiler ] [ /spoiler ] without the spaces. Or just click the BB code thing to the lef tof the font dropdown.

What a coincidence, my status says "Adventurer" now

XD

:P Venture far enough into the TFC forums and you will come to a land where you can choose your own path (title). But on topic, I think the images are a bit...plain. That may just be because they are a WIP, but so far, I think the buildings in the images are pretty monotone. No patterns, nothing. Just something you might want to keep in mind.

This guy does some pretty good medieval(and other styles) builds. They are vanilla but you can convert them to TFC if you want. I use some of them on my server and have even used his style to make new ones of my own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jeremy1992craft

This guy does some pretty good medieval(and other styles) builds. They are vanilla but you can convert them to TFC if you want. I use some of them on my server and have even used his style to make new ones of my own.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Jeremy1992craft

Ohh, Holy... Mother... of... GOD!

Whoever made that map has the patience of a thousand buddhist monks!

Posted Image

:P Venture far enough into the TFC forums and you will come to a land where you can choose your own path (title). But on topic, I think the images are a bit...plain. That may just be because they are a WIP, but so far, I think the buildings in the images are pretty monotone. No patterns, nothing. Just something you might want to keep in mind.

Hey, I hate the building part of adventure maps. Its soooooo boring to me, sincerely, I wish I had a team that could help me, or at least be able to set up a server. (No, I wont pay a greedy hosting service). Idk if I should maybe wait for build 78 to be released, extrafirma to be released for build 78, and then keep on working a NEW map. I feel discouraged knowing that Im working with a soon to be obsolete version. Maybe that's why everythings soo plain.

maby a map about a post-nuclear war senerio where you must find scraps to piece together a new life (basic idea with room for more storyline)

I like medieval tales. But wont do any map till build 78