Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
Tsuarok

Build 78

20 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what's coming in b78?  

So far I know that armor stands (ty!!) and hen nests are on their way, as well as a new tree type, but I don't know anything else.  I assume they'll be doing something with cooking due to the larger vessel available in creative, and I've heard a rumor that exposure to extreme temperatures will be an issue.  Can anyone confirm these and/or add more to the list of features?  Also, what minecraft build will it be based on?

There's a lot of stuff coming. It'll probably be 1.7.x as 1.8 won't be coming for a looonng time. But that doesn't really matter to me. There is for sure new jungle generation which leads me to believe that lots more terrain gen stuff will be coming. I hear rumours of new ore generation, but I can't say anything for sure. The ore gen right now is quite grindy though. I'm intrigued to see what new thing they'll have in  mind to make it better. Mushrooms and pumpkins will be able to be used in meals. Body temperature, like you speculated, will be a thing. I'm pretty sure pumpkins and melons will be worked into the farming system. And the big news: Horses. Dunk has the models and everything done, and the AI is going steady, so that's awesome. I've always wanted horses in TFC. That crazy sequoia bug is fixed. Bushes will be part of the new terrain gen, (berries!) including thorny ones. I know there is something going on with lava being cooled into basalt or another igneous rock, but not entirely sure about that. Barrels can store liquid when broken. Tool racks might have 3D rendering, as well as hopefully pottery. 

In short, Build 78 is gonna be pretty boss. One thing I do want to see is sheets being able to be welded together into hollow placeable metal blocks. Perhaps decorative uses for gems as well.

I have been looking through creative and found different sizes of ore (Poor, small, normal, rich). I remember a suggestion around 2 months back saying to add different size ore veins.

Yeah, there's a lot of interesting stuff you can find with creative. There is also slag and large pots with might be used for cooking like the OP said. So far only the small and normal are available. Perhaps stone blocks near the ore will have a small chance of dropping poor ore? and actual ore veins drop rich ore. I'm intrigued to see what they will add for the new ore gen. I've also seen hemp in the textures along with coke, but haven't found them in creative. 

I have been looking through creative and found different sizes of ore (Poor, small, normal, rich). I remember a suggestion around 2 months back saying to add different size ore veins.

This doesn't sound new to me. Right now we can find differently sized ore bodies. An update to MC 1.7.x would be epic. But surely that must be a huge task suggesting that we need to be patient. Oh boy.

This doesn't sound new to me. Right now we can find differently sized ore bodies. An update to MC 1.7.x would be epic. But surely that must be a huge task suggesting that we need to be patient. Oh boy.

Yeah it isn't new. It's been there for a while now. But maybe they'll be implemented in b78. :P I'm thinking it might be for 1.7.x, because it'll take forever for b78 to be done, so 1.7.x compatibility will just take that much longer.

Well, there isn't any misinformation in this thread, but as I'm sure anyone who's browsed the github thoroughly would know, things are very very far from being in any releasable state. Many features only exist as ideas still.

Hey Dunk, any chance of a bug fix release for 77 then since 78 is so far away?

Hey Dunk, any chance of a bug fix release for 77 then since 78 is so far away?

What needs to be fixed?

I am talking about the stuff that has been fixed recently but not released yet (unless I am missing something)...

Sequoia bug, invisi-cows, basically the stuff from the 77.21 Official Bug List.

Yeah, I read in the github that the sequoia bug was fixed. If that would be portd to b77, it would be awesome. And yeah, b78 is a ways away.

Well, there isn't any misinformation in this thread, but as I'm sure anyone who's browsed the github thoroughly would know, things are very very far from being in any releasable state. Many features only exist as ideas still.

Wait, does this mean you're really taking lava buckets away?  I know they're not particularly realistic, but chiseled lava lamps are one of my favorite lighting methods... I don't feel that lava is sufficiently harmful to warrant it's removal...  Besides, why else have blue steel?  Red steel is pretty much the same thing.

Yeah, I read in the github that the sequoia bug was fixed. If that would be portd to b77, it would be awesome. And yeah, b78 is a ways away.

I talked to Bioxx about back porting the sequoia fix to build 77, but the issue is that while the bug is fixed, file structure and many other things have changed at the same time, so cherry picking from the commit for simple bug fixes would be a mess and make merging forward into 78 even harder.

It's not a "simple bug" when the game crashes and corrupts worlds. You even marked it as Severe on your list. Can there at least be an off switch for big trees maybe? Would that be hard to put in.

Wait, does this mean you're really taking lava buckets away?  I know they're not particularly realistic, but chiseled lava lamps are one of my favorite lighting methods... I don't feel that lava is sufficiently harmful to warrant it's removal...  Besides, why else have blue steel?  Red steel is pretty much the same thing.

I don't see any mention of lava buckets being removed. However, when lava comes in contact with water, it will form some sort of TFC rock instead of vanilla cobble / smooth stone.

I don't see any mention of lava buckets being removed. However, when lava comes in contact with water, it will form some sort of TFC rock instead of vanilla cobble / smooth stone.

Ah, sorry, I'd read about the idea of lava automatically cooling into stone in some other post, and somehow projected it here.  My bad.