Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TerraFirmaCraft Forums

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• Announcements

• Dries007

ATTENTION Forum Database Breach   03/04/2019

There has been a breach of our database. Please make sure you change your password (use a password manager, like Lastpass).
      If you used this password anywhere else, change that too! The passwords themselves are stored hashed, but may old accounts still had old, insecure (by today's standards) hashes from back when they where created. This means they can be "cracked" more easily. Other leaked information includes: email, IP, account name.
      I'm trying my best to find out more and keep everyone up to date. Discord (http://invite.gg/TerraFirmaCraft) is the best option for up to date news and questions. I'm sorry for this, but the damage has been done. All I can do is try to make sure it doesn't happen again.
    • Claycorp

This forum is now READ ONLY!   01/20/2020

As of this post and forever into the future this forum has been put into READ ONLY MODE. There will be no new posts! A replacement is coming SoonTM . If you wish to stay up-to-date on whats going on or post your content. Please use the Discord or Sub-Reddit until the new forums are running.

Any questions or comments can be directed to Claycorp on either platform.
curiousepic

Unlit Torches Mod

8 posts in this topic

The Unlit Torches mod seems like a natural fit for TFC, but I haven't found any discussion of using them together.  I've had limited success integrating them:

• Creating torches via a firepit creates unlit torches.  I can't find a way to have it create lit torches via the Unlit mod config. I tried setting both DropsUnlit (True if lit torches should drop as UNLIT torches) and OverrideTorchRecipe (True if the [vanilla] torch recipe should yield unlit torches) to false, but this did not change it.
  • I added the firepit block ID to Igniters-TorchHeld and Igniters-TorchSet but right-clicking the firepit with an unlit torch just opens the firepit menu of course.
  • I added the firestarter item ID to Igniters-TorchHeld and Igniters-TorchSet but using a firestarter on a unlit torch that is set down on a block does not light the torch, nor does any combination of crafting light the torch.
  • The only way I've found to light an unlit torch is right clicking them on the fire block of a pit kiln, or then lighting one with a torch already lit that way.

Dunk, is there any possibility of adding a TFC config option to have a heated stick produce the item ID for lit torches?  That would be ideal.

Otherwise, anyone else have suggestions for getting them to play well together?

I use both mods as well and I had the same problem.  To get the firestarter and any other igniter you have to work, you need to add 256 to the item ID given in the config file.  So instead of 16407 its actually 16663.  Don't do that for block IDs though.  The firepit won't work for Igniters-TorchSet because you can't hold a firepit in your hand. Same for the firestarter in Igniters-TorchHeld, because you're already holding the torch.

To add TFC items to Igniters-TorchHeld add:

16663 - Firestarter

16962 - TFC Flint and Steel

Crafting Lanterns will be a problem unless you have a way to get vanilla iron ingots.  There is a config option in TFCOptions to convert wrought Iron ingots into vanilla by simply placing them in the crafting grid.

I use both mods as well and I had the same problem.  To get the firestarter and any other igniter you have to work, you need to add 256 to the item ID given in the config file.  So instead of 16407 its actually 16663. 

I see!  That's what I was missing.  

Don't do that for block IDs though.  The firepit won't work for Igniters-TorchSet because you can't hold a firepit in your hand. Same for the firestarter in Igniters-TorchHeld, because you're already holding the torch.

Yeah, I added those IDs to both lists just to cover my bases, since the wording was ambiguous and I wasn't sure which was which and who was holding what where.

Thanks for the reply!

curiousepic

Thank you for turning me on to this mod, I really enjoy it.

But like you i wish there was more compatibility with TFC.

Yeah I've really enjoyed using it, as a first time TFCer. I can't imagine being able to throw down infinitorches willy nilly.

Actually, using them isn't as inconvenient as one might think - I usually only use 1-3 torches at a time, carrying a lit one with me as I mine, and I haven't had any problems with mobs spawning in dark areas of my mines, with one significant exception. I had been prospecting for tet in my first mine, leaving a trail of darkness, reflecting on the lack of spawns, when I broke through the ceiling of a cave - I was careful not to fall in, but a split second later, something behind me smacked me right down through it! Awesome, terrifying experience.

Hopefully someone can help. Having some issues getting this to work on a server.

I can light torches with lit torches, I can light torches with flint and steel, but can not light torches with the firestarter.

I have added the item ids+256 to the lines as stated and plus a few extras as I as trying anything to make it work.

It all works fine in singleplayer for me, but on the server I am having trouble making it work. Any ideas?

Below is my config:

# Configuration file##################### general####################general {    # Set to true to disable LANTERNS aging, dying out, etc.    B:SimpleLantern=false    # Set to true to disable TORCHES aging, dying out, etc.    B:SimpleTorch=false}##################### igniters/tinder####################"igniters/tinder" {    # Block/Item IDs of lantern igniters. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Igniters-Lantern=50,259,327,4102,16663,16962    # Block/Item IDs of HELD torch igniters. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Note that block and itemstack metadata are DIFFERENT. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Igniters-TorchHeld=50,259,16663,16962    # Block/Item IDs of SET torch igniters. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Igniters-TorchSet=50,318,259,327,289,4102,16663,16962    # Block/Item IDs of tinder. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Tinder=18,35,170,296,339}##################### lantern####################lantern {    # Interval between burn damage in ticks while holding a LIT LANTERN WITHOUT A HANDLE    I:BurnInterval=60    # Amount of fuel FAT gives to a lantern (Bottled fat will give 3x this). 1060 = 1/15 Minecraft day    I:FuelFat=1060    # Amount of fuel OIL gives to a lantern. 8000 = 1 Minecraft day    I:FuelOil=8000    # Block and item IDs for the lantern-related stuff    I:IdBlockLanternHook=500    I:IdBlockLanternLit=501    I:IdBlockLanternUnlit=502    I:IdItemLanternFuel=4100    I:IdItemTinderbox=4101    I:IdItemTinderboxFS=4102    # MAXIMUM lifespan of a lantern (16000 = 2 Minecraft days). Maximum of 32000    I:MaximumAge=16000}##################### lighting####################lighting {    B:EnableItems=true    B:EnableMobs=true    B:EnablePlayerMP=true    I:Others=20    I:Player=0    I:StrengthLantern=15    I:StrengthTorch=13}##################### modify mobs####################"modify mobs" {    # List of mobs that can drop animal fat and x/100 CHANCE the mob will drop animal fat on death. CAPITALIZATION is important. Leave empty to disable mobs dropping fat    S:FatMobs=Pig:35,Cow:20    # 1 in x skeletons will kill torches when in range. Set to 0 to disable    I:Skeleton=8    # True if villager priests and librarians should spawn with lanterns    B:VillagerLantern=true    # True if villagers should kill torches during day and light them up at night    B:VillagerTorch=true    # 1 in x zombies will kill torches when close. Set to 0 to disable    I:Zombie=5}##################### recipe####################recipe {    # If the recipe for the empty tinderbox is overriding another mod's recipe, set this to true    B:DisableEmptyTinderboxRecipe=false    # If the recipe for the lantern handle is overriding another mod's recipe, set this to true    B:DisableLanternHandleRecipe=false    # True if the torch recipe should yield unlit torches    B:OverrideTorchRecipe=true}##################### torch lit####################"torch lit" {    # x/100 chance for a torch to burn out. Set to 0 to disable random dying out of torches    I:ChanceToBurnOut=25    # True if lit torches should drop as UNLIT torches    B:DropsUnlit=true    # MAXIMUM lifespan of a torch (12000 = 1 1/2 Minecraft day). Maximum of 32000    I:MaximumAge=12000    # MINIMUM lifespan of a torch (8000 = 1 Minecraft day). Maximum of 32000    I:MinimumAge=8000    # True if torches should break when their lifespan is over    B:SingleUse=true}##################### torch unlit####################"torch unlit" {    # True if unlit torches should drop as UNLIT torches    B:DropsUnlit=true}

Hopefully someone can help. Having some issues getting this to work on a server. I can light torches with lit torches, I can light torches with flint and steel, but can not light torches with the firestarter. I have added the item ids+256 to the lines as stated and plus a few extras as I as trying anything to make it work. It all works fine in singleplayer for me, but on the server I am having trouble making it work. Any ideas? Below is my config: 

# Configuration file##################### general####################general {    # Set to true to disable LANTERNS aging, dying out, etc.    B:SimpleLantern=false    # Set to true to disable TORCHES aging, dying out, etc.    B:SimpleTorch=false}##################### igniters/tinder####################"igniters/tinder" {    # Block/Item IDs of lantern igniters. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Igniters-Lantern=50,259,327,4102,16663,16962    # Block/Item IDs of HELD torch igniters. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Note that block and itemstack metadata are DIFFERENT. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Igniters-TorchHeld=50,259,16663,16962    # Block/Item IDs of SET torch igniters. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Igniters-TorchSet=50,318,259,327,289,4102,16663,16962    # Block/Item IDs of tinder. Items are separated by commas. IDs and metadata by colons. Example: 2,33:2,33:4,5    S:Tinder=18,35,170,296,339}##################### lantern####################lantern {    # Interval between burn damage in ticks while holding a LIT LANTERN WITHOUT A HANDLE    I:BurnInterval=60    # Amount of fuel FAT gives to a lantern (Bottled fat will give 3x this). 1060 = 1/15 Minecraft day    I:FuelFat=1060    # Amount of fuel OIL gives to a lantern. 8000 = 1 Minecraft day    I:FuelOil=8000    # Block and item IDs for the lantern-related stuff    I:IdBlockLanternHook=500    I:IdBlockLanternLit=501    I:IdBlockLanternUnlit=502    I:IdItemLanternFuel=4100    I:IdItemTinderbox=4101    I:IdItemTinderboxFS=4102    # MAXIMUM lifespan of a lantern (16000 = 2 Minecraft days). Maximum of 32000    I:MaximumAge=16000}##################### lighting####################lighting {    B:EnableItems=true    B:EnableMobs=true    B:EnablePlayerMP=true    I:Others=20    I:Player=0    I:StrengthLantern=15    I:StrengthTorch=13}##################### modify mobs####################"modify mobs" {    # List of mobs that can drop animal fat and x/100 CHANCE the mob will drop animal fat on death. CAPITALIZATION is important. Leave empty to disable mobs dropping fat    S:FatMobs=Pig:35,Cow:20    # 1 in x skeletons will kill torches when in range. Set to 0 to disable    I:Skeleton=8    # True if villager priests and librarians should spawn with lanterns    B:VillagerLantern=true    # True if villagers should kill torches during day and light them up at night    B:VillagerTorch=true    # 1 in x zombies will kill torches when close. Set to 0 to disable    I:Zombie=5}##################### recipe####################recipe {    # If the recipe for the empty tinderbox is overriding another mod's recipe, set this to true    B:DisableEmptyTinderboxRecipe=false    # If the recipe for the lantern handle is overriding another mod's recipe, set this to true    B:DisableLanternHandleRecipe=false    # True if the torch recipe should yield unlit torches    B:OverrideTorchRecipe=true}##################### torch lit####################"torch lit" {    # x/100 chance for a torch to burn out. Set to 0 to disable random dying out of torches    I:ChanceToBurnOut=25    # True if lit torches should drop as UNLIT torches    B:DropsUnlit=true    # MAXIMUM lifespan of a torch (12000 = 1 1/2 Minecraft day). Maximum of 32000    I:MaximumAge=12000    # MINIMUM lifespan of a torch (8000 = 1 Minecraft day). Maximum of 32000    I:MinimumAge=8000    # True if torches should break when their lifespan is over    B:SingleUse=true}##################### torch unlit####################"torch unlit" {    # True if unlit torches should drop as UNLIT torches    B:DropsUnlit=true}

Not completely sure how that mod interprets the config, but I might suggest adding :* to the end of the itemID, since fire-starters have damage values.

Not completely sure how that mod interprets the config, but I might suggest adding :* to the end of the itemID, since fire-starters have damage values.

But so does flint'n'steel, right? So that shouldn't be the problem.